No announcement yet.

The Dark Knight [spoilers inside]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was thinking about Bane, as he was a physical match, and wasn't a dumb lout either. I like Mr Freeze, but I'm not sure how well he'd work in the Nolan universe. Poison Ivy would would sweet.

Ahhh fuck it, give me Egghead.
    Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
    John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

• I think it will either be a rehash, or something entirely more brutal than this last installment. And yes, the mob will once again be involved.

Bring in Penguin as an arms dealer, have Bane as his henchman (who ends up taking over and killing his silly fatass), and make the end a huge brawl for it all. Maybe have Don King promote it.
      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I don't know if Freeze could work in the Nolan-verse. I mean, the whole sadness of him trying to save his wife could, but then you have a guy running around with a freeze gun. I just don't see it, but I'd like to.

Ivy....Unless they've radically changed her, doesn't she control plants and shit? I think that may be a bit too out there to try to explain. Unless she uses toxins from unknown plants to get her way.

Bane could be freaking sweet if done right though. Super smart and incredibly strong. Awesome.

LEt's just hope whatever happens that we don't get people who just look the role, but people who can act and bring something more to the table.

I mean, when Heath was announced there was all kinds of criticism. And look how he changed everyone's minds. I just don't want any of this:
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Which is why I nominate Tim Blake Nelson and steroids to portray Bane.
          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Geesh, chill out dude!

Comment

• Although we are now talking about future villains....

High Five to everything mentioned...Magic tricks, hand sanitizer, nurses uniform, and geez the outstanding make-up/CG on Two Face. I'm dying to see it again.

I think a 3rd is possible...I also think Nolan would be the only director to pull it off.

MEOW!!
              "Uh, whose car is that out front?"
              "Mine. 1970 Pontiac Firebird. The car I've always wanted and now I have it. I rule!"

"Can you feel the love?....Nub Nub...."

Recipient of: The Best Post of the Day Award!: 2

Comment

• Anyone else noticied that it seems some of the violence was edited out? When the Joker would fuck someone up, I noticed really quick cuts away from the scene. I hope we get an unrated directors cut when theis arrives on dvd.

Comment

• I hope we get some decently edited fight scenes on the dvd. That last fight with the SWAT guys not only was a mess, it was fucking stupid. Goddamnit Batman, just call Gordan and let him know the "clowns" are the good guys. Stupid bat sonar.
                  "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• That's it. I say we all call in to the show doing the Goddamn Batman voice.

Also, I'm of the opinion if Nolan is out for a third, it will be shit with batnips again.
                    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• HAha. My buddy was going to do that, but he blew his voice out the night before doing the bat-voice. But feel free. I would love some "Batman" questions.

Comment

• OK. Saw it. Pretty much agreeing with everything I've read so far in this thread. An uneven movie. Joker/Ledger was awesome as was Two Face FX. Other things were good if not great but there were some plot holes and some silliness. I agree with a buddy of mine who said he didn't mind the long running time because he thought another Joker scene was right around the corner.
                        Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                        Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                        POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• Massive agreement that the Joker-as-nurse part was a huge highlight. And not only did Harvey's death lack emotional depth, so did Rachel's. I thought she was still alive until the end of the movie. Also, was there anything after the credits like X-3/Iron Man?

Comment

• Nothing after the credits at all.

Comment

• Not even Ledger saying "Hey guys, I'm really alive. They sacrificed Aaron Eckhardt and Maggie Gyllenhall to Satan to bring me back. Ta-da!!!!"

Comment

• Wait....I can say that his death happened in an anti-climatic way (Dent's that is) but lack emotional depth? The white knight fell and Batman sacrificed himself to keep Harvey's legacy of hope alive. It worked for me. And as for Rachel dying, really? You didn't realize she was dead? It was an awesome fuckery by the Joker by giving Batman the addresses but switch around who was where. Totally worked for me. But to each his own. It's a great flick, but has its issues and I want the blu-ray now if only to watch the different takes on the Joker's lines.

Comment

Working...
                                X