No announcement yet.

The Dark Knight [spoilers inside]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's not a flawless film. I had some problems with the Joker's God-like bomb planting abilities, and Batman's ability to forget how to use a phone, but as for the deaths, I dug em all. Rachel I knew was going to happen (it just made sense), but I was really hoping Harvey would survive. All in all, it ends on a pretty sad note, and it kinda reminds me of Empire Stikes Back the more I think about it.
    Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
    John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

• The switcheroo Batman pulled in taking the heat for Two Face's crimes was neat, but the fall was, as you said, anti-climactic. I thought there was going to be more content, but he was just dead. I figured Rachel's death was an additional fake-out. And I hope there is more blood in the fight scenes on the DVD. It actually became distracting to me after awhile. A lot of contact was off screen, or the camera cut away. Must be how they avoided the R.
      Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
      Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
      POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• Well that and Nolan can't film fight scenes to save his life.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• It does seem to me that there was a lot of fast cut aways when it came to the violence. I hope we get an unrated director's cut.

Comment

• I just want some different line readings of the Joker and scenes they may have cut. Also, please give us a killer doc on the set design, makeup and sfx. I'd be happy.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Any body else have issues with the Bat-bike? It looked ok, but not when in motion. And what was with that Legolas type maneuver when he ran the bike up the wall and flipped it around. Looked kinda silly.

Comment

• I loved the reveal of it, but in motion it didn't work for me. Something was just off about it.

Comment

• Exactly. Looked like it was not obeying physics when it was turning.

Comment

• I thought it was cool. Funny thing is, when he did the bike maneuver off the wall, I said that was some Legolas shit right there. I thought it was pretty damn neato.

Comment

• ANybody know which shots were done in IMAX? Pretty sure the trucks/batmobile chase scene, and maybe some of the cityscape shots or the "skyhook" scene. Thoughts?

Comment

• To me it always looked it was going super slow. I dug it, just not in motion haha. But that whole chase scene was like one of the best scenes in the flick. No score in the background and the guns kept getting bigger and bigger. And I actually liked Nicky Katt with his one liners as the SWAT guy.

Comment

• The beginning 6 minutes, the hospital scene, and some of the action scenes in the city
                          i believe.

Comment

• Hospital scene exteriors were neat. Kinda looked like a hospital here in town.

Comment

• This is the kind of movie that you just have to watch again to clear your head of all the hyperbole and just watch the movie as it is. And I really can't wait to see it again, even though I'll probably not get the chance until the dvd release.

Comment

• Yeah, I usually need several viewings/readings to get a good grasp on something. Little details missed, etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X