No announcement yet.

ISSA GOTDAMN WEEKEEEEEND THREAD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wound up doing overtime work from home the past couple of weekends. Add to that the stuff with Jen's mom, and usual day-to-day responsibilities, and I've been wiped since September.

Must take this moment to publicly thank Rob, CJ, Lesley, Bill, Troy, etc. on the podcasts here. Been playing them and playing them while I work, making the time zip by and giggling my fool head off. Thanks, you crazy bastards!

Comment

• Took my niece shopping and got her some clothes and shoes and stuff. So this morning she had to earn her keep. Made her vacuum the whole house, then dust, then scrub the patio furniture clean of all the bird poop and dirt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
        Wound up doing overtime work from home the past couple of weekends. Add to that the stuff with Jen's mom, and usual day-to-day responsibilities, and I've been wiped since September.

Must take this moment to publicly thank Rob, CJ, Lesley, Bill, Troy, etc. on the podcasts here. Been playing them and playing them while I work, making the time zip by and giggling my fool head off. Thanks, you crazy bastards!

You're welcome. I have a podcast appearance outside of here coming up in the near future. Right now, it's just scheduling. But, I'll post it when it's up.
        My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Please do!

Kudos also to Rerb and Ceej for today's podcast - who DOESN'T love a good conspiracy theory now and then, right?

Comment

• That's what they want you to think.
            I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• *Puts on foil hat*
              "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Barring any unforseen circumstances, I'ma be at Chiller Theatre Saturday with my best friend, and might swing by the Trenton Punk Rock Flea Market on the way back home, as I'm tight with one of the guys with a food truck that'll be there (free pizza, yo!).

Chiller Guest List - already have my eye on getting Sunny Lane's autograph (big fan of HBO's Cathouse), might try and get some others, depending on my funds and what sorts of stuff I wanna buy while I'm there. Suggestions?

Comment

• Had a pretty decent weekend. On Saturday Lesley and I headed up to the MoA to do some early Xmas shopping. Decided to stop in at Masu and ended up sitting at the bar. Jonathan was working and remembered us from the last time we were there. He had asked if I was the one that left the super nice review for him, and I confirmed I was. He then mentioned that on that same weekend corporate called his manager due to some cunt who left the most ridiculous review I've ever read in which she stated he reduced her to tears and shit. Fucking ridiculous. So corporate saw that and was griling his manager on why that would happen but made no mention about my review.

He said that my review was super nice and he ended up using it to deflate that bullshit bad one. Then I got some free ginger whiskey shots. It was awesome.

Then we went shopping, grabbed some presents for the parents, and grabbed some stuff for us. New shoes, movies, and our new Anova precision cooker. Ended up swinging out to Ceej's new place later that night and helped him get shit in order. Also realized that the kid owns NOTHING that an adult should own.

Lesley decided that was not going to stand so we made a list of shit (seriously, like cookie sheets, pizza cutter, etc... haha) and helped him grab some stuff.

Went out to the bar to watch the Lions/Vikings game (GO LIONS! THAT LAST FLIP INTO THE ENDZONE WAS DOOOPE) and then came home and hung out a bit. Super awesome that he's right down the street from us. Used our Anova for the first time last night and goddamn, that shit is ACES. Absolutely cannot wait to try a kickass ribeye with it this weekend.

all in all, nice little weekend with some really nice weather.
                  "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Hah. That's amazing about Ceej. I was having a similar discussion about my roommate, and how he is slowly becoming more adult but his inability to clean after himself is going to end every relationship he has.

Comment

• Maybe he lost all of his adult stuff in the divorce and never bothered to resupply?

Comment

• Beautiful weekend. Glad we were stuck in Willmar all day Saturday with my father in law so I wouldn't be forced to enjoy it.

/sarcasm.

We made the most of the day yesterday, though: we got up and went to Stillwater for a final day of walking around the river and stuff. It was going great up until we grabbed an early dinner at Smalley's. This is the second time in a row that I've had a shitty meal there, and...like last time...I had total gutrot. We're done with the place now.
                        Originally posted by Martin
                        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                        Originally posted by gravedigger
                        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                        Originally posted by Martin
                        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Saw Strange with the boy on Saturday afternoon. He then went to his cousin's to spend the night and the wife and I went out with two other couples for one of their anniversaries to a local restaurant. Couple drinks and passable food, then back to their house for a firepit and more beer + cigars.

The only downside was I discovered my wife is, inexplicably, voting for Trump. She's a union member (teacher), overweight and genuinely nice person. I am positively baffled as to how she can support that insensitive scumbag, after the remarks he's made about overweight women, and how he made fun of that disabled reporter. Shit like that would normally inspire disgust in her. I'm kind of afraid to ask. . .
                          I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• My wife did the same thing, Ig. We had a...vigorous discussion about it a couple weeks ago (PROTIP: maybe don't call your wife an idiot to her face) and I've since dropped it. It makes me more sad and disappointed than anything else. I truly don't understand how anyone could vote for the guy unless you just want to burn it all down. I understand some people feel disenfranchised and unhappy with the government or whatever but Trump is NOT the guy who is going to fix it.

Anyway, my weekend was good. Saturday we went out for doing some errands and just wandering around to do fun shopping, which we haven't done in forever, and Sunday was project day. We built an insulated lid for the well house in hopes of avoiding a rerun of the catastrophe from last Thanksgiving.

Comment

• Our project manager at work decided to go in hard to my co-worker, a woman, about a woman's right to chose. I have ended a lot of relationships in the last month. It's refreshing.

Comment

• Long weekend in Vegas starts tomorrow! How many crepes will I eat? How much booze will I drink? Will I convince my wife to go with me to the Marvel S.H.I.E.L.D. museum thing with me? Who can say?!

Comment

Working...
                                X