No announcement yet.

ISSA GOTDAMN WEEKEEEEEND THREAD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yep, got a black Maxima. Exact same car as mine except hers is bad-ass black.
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• That's exactly where I am Matt. I just dropped $2200 on my truck. It's at 85k miles, and I just keep thinking I can get like $12-15k for it now...or nothing in a year.

Comment

• 206K+ on my Saturn, folks! Pretty sure I can get $1.95 if/when I trade it in!

Comment

• Hell, I'm pretty sure I was still able to get $1200 out of my Blazer, and that thing was over 10 years old with 100,000+ miles on it and a dying transmission. I guess it just depends where you go and how bad you want it.
          Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• ended up going to a giant antique show on Saturday at the fairgrounds with Lesley after some brunch at one of our favorite places. Interesting people watching not much that I wanted to buy though. I did grab another in the line of old school BK Star Wars glasses though. Finally found the Boba Fett one and got it for 10 bucks. It was pretty fun just walking around for a few hours and since they were selling beer it was even better.

After a few hours of walking around there we ended up coming home and doing a bit of fall cleaning that needed to be done. Ended up completely cleaning our couch and washing everything (it's microfiber but old as fuck and we said fuck it and threw the covers in the wash) and it came out looking awesome.

Sunday was football afternoon and then video games the rest of the day.

Nice little weekend. Trying not to freak out about work and it's getting better.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Saturday was errands and then what was SUPPOSED to be a quick check-in with my Dad. We got there and there was urine all over the place with huge puddles by his refrigerator and around his toilet (and his carpet was wet in various spots). We worked on cleaning up his place and I had to help him change out of his urine soaked clothing, put on Depends (which he wasn't wearing), and help him actually use the bathroom. Two hours later, we put out the APB to my siblings that he needs a nursing home. Assisted living isn't cutting it. The plan is to have a meeting this week and figure out next steps.

Yesterday we went to Stillwater to enjoy the gorgeous weather. There was an art fair going on and we found some pictures that will go perfectly in our downstairs bathroom, so now we're all done with our decorations for the house. We ate at Smalley's again and holy shit were the jerk pork tacos good. Awesome day.
              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• This weekend was odd, to say the least.

Jen's already filled everyone in about her mom - right now she's at Jersey Shore, stabilized more or less, and Wednesday they're checking her insides out to see exactly what the hell's going on (something with her pancreas - could be the Big C, could be something else). But this past Saturday and Sunday everyone was nuts with the uncertainty.

While Jen was taking care of her mom, she told me to stay home and keep everything under control with my folks, etc. Doing that, I wound up earning some overtime on a few work-related projects, paid bills, caught Deadpool on cable (shit's the goods, yo), did chores around the house.

Comment

• Went to the Rock Carnival this weekend. A mixed bag, IMO. It was a misty drizzle all day and all night on Friday, so literally half the shit promised was not delivered. Half the food trucks were closed, the two small act stages were closed, and none of those bands went on, Only three of the four acts destined for the big stage went on (Clutch, BOC, and Alice Cooper; and Clutch's singer said halfway thru the set that they weren't supposed to go on, but they said "fuck you" and went on anyway), and, worst for me, NO. CRAFT. BEER. I left before the end of Alice's set because I was sick of being rained on.

Saturday was the best day of the three. Everything was open. Had some kickass chicken chipotle tacos, Swedish meatballs on a stick and spicy brisket sliders. Caught the tail end of an act called Streetlight Circus and dug them so much I bought one of their CD's. Texas Hippie Coalition killed it. Jackyl was much better than I expected. Monster Magnet was also a lot heavier than I thought they'd be, and didn't have the trippy, stoner metal vibe I was expecting. Enjoyable, but a bit disappointing because I was looking forward to that unique sound. Zebra was cool, but their set was bedeviled by technical problems. I caught the beginning of that and the end of Overkill's set (which as far as I could tell consisted of a lot of the lead singer "singing" FUCK YOU! and a passable cover of Dirty Deeds). Ace Frehley was OK, if you like that sort of thing. Which I don't. And who knew Twisted Sister was THAT fucking heavy? I regret leaving that set early as well, but I was physically drained from all the standing I did that day. I'm getting fucking old.

Sunday I made the mistake of bringing my kid. Between him and the friends I met up with that day not wanting to sit still, I didn't catch a single act all the way through. The kid actually started bawling during the Sebastian Bach set because the music was too loud. I got fed up and left halfway through the day. The frozen cheesecake/chocolate chip cookie sandwich softened the blow a bit. The ancho chile laced angry brownie from the Angry Crab was nice, too. The kid had a HUGE order of crabmeat angry poutine that would have given martin either a coronary or a hard on. He says it was awesome.

If they do another next year, I'll definitely go again, but I'm taking a lesson from last year and - unless I can get a posse of like minded maniacs together - I'm gonna go by myself and just be a nomad like I was last year.
                  I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Are you sure the kid was crying due to the loudness or maybe it was the shittyness of Sebastian Bach?
                    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Would love to see Zebra live. Too bad they had technical issues, though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                        Are you sure the kid was crying due to the loudness or maybe it was the shittyness of Sebastian Bach?
                        Nobody, but NOBODY, cries due to Loudness!!!

I've met Sebastian Bach, and I can see Son Of Iggy crying due to his excessive shitiness. indeed, most of the Garden State squirts a few tears because of him.

Comment

• Had a decent weekend after a not fun start. Fahey was sick both Friday morning and Saturday morning and I woke up to stepping in diarrhea in our bedroom on both days. So we spent a good chunk of the mornings cleaning up that ridiculous mess. He seems better now so I think he just ate something he shouldn't have.

Once we were done with that noise, we had a nice brunch on Saturday, came home and finished cleaning the house in our annual FALL CLEANUP and then caught up on some tv shows. Sunday was a relaxing watching football/working on BDR project day.

Comment

• I was watching It Follows and Spartacus vomited like 3lbs of food up. That was fun. Hoping it was just from him changing food. He's been fine since.

Comment

• Maybe he's eating too fast. If he is, get a "slowdown" bowl. It makes him slow down his eating.
                              Gibbs, Gibbs, Gibbs, Gibbs!

Comment

• Took my dad to the ER on Saturday. He's got pneumonia and a UTI. Good news is that he's getting released tomorrow and we're going to be taking him to a TCU to try and get him better care.

That was my weekend.

Comment

Working...
                                X