No announcement yet.

ISSA GOTDAMN WEEKEEEEEND THREAD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had a fantastic birthday/anniversary this weekend. On Saturday Lesley and I went up to Masu for amazing drinks and food. Nothing better than walking up to a full bar and having the bartender tell everyone to move down so we can sit. A ton of free shots (both whiskey and sake), a bunch of awesome food, and we just shot the shit with Charlie (head sushi chef) and Jon (bartender).

We then had to sober up so that meant I went shopping. Grabbed a sweet new wireless headset for my PC. Shit is awesome sounding and super comfortable. Picked up a few new blu rays (Day of the Dead/Demolition Man/Warcraft (ugh) )and some new 3DS games since Lesley got me the new 2DS XL for my gift. Came home and then hung out with Ceej and Samuel P. Samerson for a bit over at his house.

Sunday we did brunch with bloodys/screwdrivers down in Hudson and then just hung out and played video games all day. Did a podcast with Ceej and Ari before having dinner and relaxing.

Back at work today but my dad is coming down from the cabin to take me to lunch so that's gonna be fun.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• That sounds pretty great. My weekend was making to-do lists, pricing Denver rentals, and playing Slime Rancher.

Comment

• I'll be here with my best friend Saturday. Thanks to a friend of his, we're getting in free (well, mostly. We're picking him up breakfast goodies from Dunkin' Donuts on the way). Won't be bothering with celebs this go 'round, though - prices are a bit nuts. I mean, Kate Beckinsale is the hotness, but for $90?

Sunday, Jen and I are taking the in-laws to a comic book show at the Elks lodge near their house. My brother-in-law is a big Punisher and Deadpool geek, so he's beyond stoked. May interest him in a trip to a nearby comics shop that's LOADED with stuff for him to drool over.

Comment

• Saturday: Did a family reunion thing (kinda) for my wife. A number of her relatives were in her home town area, so we drove out there and did a tour of cemeteries, old houses, and small towns. We had to leave the house by 7am to get there at 9am, and we didn't get home until 5pm. It was an endurance test, and my wife owes me A LOT for doing it.

Sunday: Did the Renaissance Festival. It was opening weekend and the weather was beautiful. Even without booze, it ended up being a pretty great time.
          Originally posted by Martin
          Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
          Originally posted by gravedigger
          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
          And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
          Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Sounds way better than mine. Friday I drove from work to the far east side of town for the job interview, then back home. Grabbed Sarah then we drove down to Galveston for her dad's birthday. Sat in traffic for an extra hour or so due to a horrible wreck, and by the time we got back home we just wanted to sleep.

Saturday I was supposed to meet a friend in town from DFW for breakfast, and really didn't feel like it. Got to the restaurant, ordered coffee, get a text that my friend isn't going to make it. Have breakfast, return home and do chores for a few hours before picking my mom up and taking her to a baseball game. Spend the night pretending to care about baseball to show my mom a good time. Get home, watch a movie, fell asleep.

Then Sunday I had to spend 3 hours in the middle of the day taking my dad to lunch for his birthday. He and his wife are exhausting, so I got home, napped some, played games for a bit while dinner cooked, and didn't move off the couch the rest of the night.

Already asked if there were plans this weekend, and I am skipping this coworker meal Sarah has planned.

Comment

• Well, the convention on Saturday sucked. We got in for free, but we still feel like we were overcharged. Turns out the hotel or convention management kicked in new rules and regulations and a lot of vendors bolted prior to the show. Hoping NJ Horrorcon in September is the goods as we're running out of decent conventions to attend.

Sunday was cool - the comic show was kind of meh, but my niece and brother-in-law enjoyed it (their first time at any sort of comic show). We'll step it up with a better show next time.

After the comic thing, we went back to the in-laws, started watching the first Pirates of the Caribbean movie, and Jen, the in-laws and my niece started nodding off. Taking the hint, I woke Jen up and we left for home around 1:30. Spent the rest of the day working on a small freelance job, then took a 3 hour nap.

Comment

• sitting on the couch eating chinese food and watching Mindhunter while pulled pork cooks in the oven for tonight is great.
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• All of yesterday was running around. It was like 40 degrees, so got up early and took Spartacus to the park and did 3 miles. Went to my favorite coffee place for breakfast. Got pumpkins to carve then hit a Polish festival for sausage and pastries. Came home and watched horror movies and stayed up too late.

Woke up at 8 this morning, cold again. Made big breakfast with pancakes and hash browns. Sarah had to go to work for a few hours, I passed out on the couch at 11 and slept until about 30 minutes ago. Now gonna PUBG then make a pork adobo stew and play Mario.

Comment

• Had drama filled Friday night.

Saturday we ended up sleeping in until like noon, playing video games in our pjs until 3 and then we hit up the San Pedro Cafe for some mojitos and street tacos. Came home and cleaned a bit before finishing off Mindhunter and watching Belko.

Yesterday slept in a bit and went out to the Moose to have brunch and watch football for a few hours before coming home and making white chicken chili and playing video games.

Wasn't too bad.

Comment

• Sounds way better than mine. My plan was nothing but video games and catching up on TV shows, since Sarah was camping at Renn Faire with her friends. About 4 on Saturday she calls me and asks if I can come pick her up. Some renn faire food got her sick, and she couldn't stop puking. So I drive a little over an hour out to get her. Then because the traffic coming back is horrendous it takes two hours to get back. Roommate and I were going to go try this Chicago pizza and sandwich place that's been around forever, but instead I got drive-thru chicken. Then I played Mario while I let her pick TV shows she wanted to watch instead of finishing Stranger Things, and ended up just falling asleep at like 10.

Then yesterday her friend was supposed to come pick Sarah up on the way home so Sarah could get her car and the stuff she left for her friends (cooler, tent, etc). She texts her friend to see when to expect her, and turns out they'd left early and they were now downtown having brunch. So I had to drive another 45 minutes out to a shitty suburb to let Sarah get her car and back. I told Sarah this coming weekend I don't want to be in the car ever at all.

Comment

• My wife was stressed out so I bought her a spa package for Saturday morning (lasted something like 4 hours). While that was going on, I ran some errands. Saturday night we did THOR: RAGANAROK.

Sunday we had plans to work on the house but my wife was feeling nauseous for most of the day. We ended up being fairly lazy.
                        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                        Originally posted by gravedigger
                        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Tim's and my weekend was on Saturday going to a small comic show in Toms River with my sister, her husband and our niece (we had a good time) and then going to lunch with them.

After lunch they left to do their thing and Tim and I headed back up to our neck of the woods to update our cell phones. Did that and went home.

On Sunday, I went food shopping early in the morning and Tim worked on work stuff in the afternoon. That was it. So not thrilling.
                          Gibbs, Gibbs, Gibbs, Gibbs!

Comment

• I worked. It was as exciting as it sounds.
                            "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
                              I worked. It was as exciting as it sounds.
                              You. Me. Same.

Comment

• Current plan is to do my errands right after work. Find something good as hell for dinner that won't kill my food tracking. Play video games all night while Sarah goes to some live podcast show. Buy new sneakers (hopefully) tomorrow morning. Then do a whole lot of nothing else the rest of Saturday and Sunday. Sunday Sarah has to work so if I can keep her from running me crazy Saturday I should have a nice weekend of jack shit done.

Comment

Working...
                                X