No announcement yet.

ISSA GOTDAMN WEEKEEEEEND THREAD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a wasted weekend. Worked Friday, had to go home and pay bills, make a grocery order, and do some errands. My best friends dad was in town and they wanted to go to dinner. I made a recommendation, but told them it would be a long wait. Nobody bitched. We waited more than an hour, and we were told our table was coming up next. For some reason everyone threw a fit and said they weren't waiting anymore and we went to a place down the street that was way more expensive and not as good. Of course, when we got there we were told it was another 20 minute wait, and then I got the text telling me our table at the other place was ready. Ugh.

Saturday the went to yoga, and I slept in some. Grabbed my grocery order, made late breakfast, and some more cleaning around the house. By then it was like 2PM and we had plans to go to had dinner with friends so her dad could cook for us. So we just watched some TV and took off around 5, and were there all night. Sunday she felt sick and came back over after half a day at work, while I still had my usual laundry and meal prep to do. I just wanted to play games, but she felt like she and was on the couch watching Netflix.

I am not making any plans for this weekend, and want to just play FFXV and hang out.

Comment

• Had a great and terrible weekend.

Saturday was my holiday party. This was great, as usual. I didn't win one of the top prizes but I did win a $100 Best Buy gift card. It was a fun party, and my wife got bombed (but not TOO bombed) on the open bar.

Unfortunately, we also found out on Saturday morning that my father in law is not doing well at all. We made a decision to cancel our plans for Sunday and go out there. He's absolutely failing. He's been declining for a while (losing energy, losing strength, sleeping a lot, having trouble moving), but the difference between how he looked on Sunday to how he looked two weeks ago was staggering. I honestly don't think he's going to make it another month with the way that he's failing. As such, the wife and I are scrambling to get some of his affairs in order this week to ensure that we're all set for the transition of finances when the end comes (this is with his approval).
      Originally posted by Martin
      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
      Originally posted by gravedigger
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• ugh, sorry Matt.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• On a positive note, his passing will finally open the door for us to move somewhere warm...like Maui.
          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Sorry Matt...
            BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• So sorry you have to deal with this, Matt. Good vibes to you and your family.
              Gibbs, Gibbs, Gibbs, Gibbs!

Comment

• Damn sorry to hear, Matt. Thoughts and prayers sent to you and the Mrs., bro.

Comment

• That's a real bummer, Matt. I hope he's at a facility that will keep him comfortable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                    On a positive note, his passing will finally open the door for us to move somewhere warm...like Maui.
                    Way to make lemonade. Still sorry for the lemons.
                    I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Tried to go see that advance screening of Split, but no fucking chance. We got there an hour early and there was already a line wrapped around the theater. I asked the people in the back if they were letting people in, and they said they had been for about 15 minutes already. So yeah, no fucking chance everyone in that line was getting in. And we sat on a bench deciding what to do while we watched another 100 or so people get in line.

Comment

• Booooourns.
                        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
                          Booooourns.

Universal's new M.O. is to overpack everything. Their handling of SING last month left a lot to be desired.
                          My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Played musical cars this weekend. Bid a fond farewell to my 2002 Saturn SC2 after 213,000 miles (CarCash gave me $100, more than I would've gotten selling it for scrap, since the car is mostly kevlar-esque. Plus, it hit the point where the repair costs far outweighed the car's value). Got my wife's 2006 Saturn Ion, while she got her mom's Acura TL. Which should last me until my dad decides he can't drive anymore, and I'll get his 2000 Mazda SUV with about 40K on it.

Comment

• Oooooooooooo, Acura TL. Those are niiiiiiiiiice.

Comment

• We were supposed to go to Willmar on Saturday to see my father in law, but he was going to get discharged on Sunday and it made sense for us to be the ones to take him back to the nursing home. As such, we went on Sunday and ran our errands on Saturday.

The FiL is not doing well. As I've mentioned, he has congestive heart failure and he was apparently putting on a lot of fluid weight. He went into the hospital last Tuesday for monitoring and to drain the fluid, and he sounded terrible whenever we talked to him on the phone. When we got there on Sunday, we were honestly expecting him to be in pretty good shape (otherwise, why were they discharging him?)...instead, he was in terrible shape, much worse than when we saw him even a week ago. They just couldn't do any more for him there at the hospital and the thought was to let him try and recover in an environment that he's more comfortable with.

So yeah, we got to Willmar, got to the hospital, brought him back to the nursing home, and essentially watched him go to sleep. He was exhausted because he didn't sleep well while in the hospital (which I can relate to...I slept terribly in the hospital when I was there on/off again during the Summer of 2014) and all he wanted to do when we got to the nursing home was pee and get to sleep. It was really sad.

My wife is doing a pretty admirable job of keeping it together but it's hitting her hard. Her dad could go at any minute or he could linger linger linger linger...we just don't know.

Comment

Working...
                                X