Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
      If you shake it more than twice, you're playing with it.
      My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• wasn't the best weekend for obvious reasons but I tried my best.

Ceej swung out Friday and we worked on our new project. I still think that commentary is one of the funniest things we've done. That movie was a perfect choice. Still working on editing it down to 20 mins or so to correspond with the podcast. Also played a game of that X-Wing Mini game. So much fun. Ceej won and I ended up blowing up all my Tie Fighters by running directly into asteroids.

Saturday saw my hungover ass running a few miles in the morning then relaxing the rest of the day. Finished my Ecto-1 lego set, watched Civil War again, and played a bit of Quantum Break.

Sunday meant Lesley came home and it was much better overall. We eneded up at the bar to watch a bit of the Packers and Vikings games, have some cheap bloodys, and some brunch. Then came home and watched the Lions win in an epic fucking game.

Then panic attacks all night into this morning.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
          wasn't the best weekend for obvious reasons but I tried my best.

Ceej swung out Friday and we worked on our new project. I still think that commentary is one of the funniest things we've done. That movie was a perfect choice. Still working on editing it down to 20 mins or so to correspond with the podcast. Also played a game of that X-Wing Mini game. So much fun. Ceej won and I ended up blowing up all my Tie Fighters by running directly into asteroids.

Saturday saw my hungover ass running a few miles in the morning then relaxing the rest of the day. Finished my Ecto-1 lego set, watched Civil War again, and played a bit of Quantum Break.

Sunday meant Lesley came home and it was much better overall. We eneded up at the bar to watch a bit of the Packers and Vikings games, have some cheap bloodys, and some brunch. Then came home and watched the Lions win in an epic fucking game.

Then panic attacks all night into this morning.

The Lions were amazing. I made $20 on a bet last night that they would get that last safety.

Easiest $20 I made off the stupid Colts fans. Seriously, the entire Colts organization can die in a fire at this point.
          My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

• That last play by the Colts was amazingly hilarious. HOT POTATO
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
              That last play by the Colts was amazingly hilarious. HOT POTATO

It's a college football play that worked once 2 years ago. Every team tries it now when they're fucked at the end of regulation. But, it only worked...once.

I'll see if I can grab the video clip of it actually working.

Comment

• https://youtu.be/3M7Xab3E9sc

Comment

• There was a moment in the 4th when Lesley asked why I was still watching because "The Lions are obviously gonna lose".

IN YO FACE WOMAN

Comment

• Went on a cub scout camping trip with the boy. This one was different from the other ones, which were more camping lite; wooden platforms, flush toilets an easy walk from the campsite, catered pizza for dinner, etc. This one involved arriving on Friday night at dusk, and setting up camp when it was too dark to see, and all the good spots were already taken. had a huge rock poking up like 6" on my side, and all its little brothers surrounding it. Kid had a thick sleeping bag, so he zonked right out. I couldn't sleep all contorted on rocks, so I got up and smoked a cigar n the front porch of the mess hall. Next morning, we took down the campsite, had breakfast and moved on to ANOTHER campsite. I was grumbling and cursing the whole time, as I knew the new site was FAAAAAAR away from the first one, and lugging the tent, the sleeping bag and the tarp all that was was NOT gonna be fun. The boy then melts my heart by thanking me for doing this, as he knows how much work it is, and how much he appreciates it. After breakfast they announce that they're separating the scouts from the parents, and they'll be setting up their own tents, under boy scout supervision, and sleeping in them, away from us, in an adjacent camp site. And even better, they allowed us to put our gear on a flatbed and drove it up to the new site for us. My mood improved dramatically. That night, I decided fuck the prohibition against them and inflated my trusty air mattress. Slept better, but there was still a lot of lugging shit around and walking. My lower back is killing me. Got like three more of these before he crosses over to boy scouts in February, but after that? No dad involvement. The older scouts teach the younger ones how shit's done, and we don't have to go on the camp outs anymore. I can't fucking wait. . . .
                    I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Originally posted by IggytheBorg View Post
                      Went on a cub scout camping trip with the boy. This one was different from the other ones, which were more camping lite; wooden platforms, flush toilets an easy walk from the campsite, catered pizza for dinner, etc. This one involved arriving on Friday night at dusk, and setting up camp when it was too dark to see, and all the good spots were already taken. had a huge rock poking up like 6" on my side, and all its little brothers surrounding it. Kid had a thick sleeping bag, so he zonked right out. I couldn't sleep all contorted on rocks, so I got up and smoked a cigar n the front porch of the mess hall. Next morning, we took down the campsite, had breakfast and moved on to ANOTHER campsite. I was grumbling and cursing the whole time, as I knew the new site was FAAAAAAR away from the first one, and lugging the tent, the sleeping bag and the tarp all that was was NOT gonna be fun. The boy then melts my heart by thanking me for doing this, as he knows how much work it is, and how much he appreciates it. After breakfast they announce that they're separating the scouts from the parents, and they'll be setting up their own tents, under boy scout supervision, and sleeping in them, away from us, in an adjacent camp site. And even better, they allowed us to put our gear on a flatbed and drove it up to the new site for us. My mood improved dramatically. That night, I decided fuck the prohibition against them and inflated my trusty air mattress. Slept better, but there was still a lot of lugging shit around and walking. My lower back is killing me. Got like three more of these before he crosses over to boy scouts in February, but after that? No dad involvement. The older scouts teach the younger ones how shit's done, and we don't have to go on the camp outs anymore. I can't fucking wait. . . .
                      Still you're parenting right, Iggy!
                      Gibbs, Gibbs, Gibbs, Gibbs!

Comment

• Just got back from voluteering at the local Oktoberfest. It's probably the fifth time I've done it, but Nathan's first. Super bright, hot sun but breezy. Got some tasty bourbon chicken afterwards and a Warsteiner Braumeister. Good eats.
                        Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• Yeahhhh

Comment

• So yeah, we had a fun Saturday.

The plan was to take my wife's car in for an oil change on Saturday morning and then head out to Stillwater for the day to walk along the river, have some good eats, and generally enjoy the day. We got to dealership for the oil change and were told 'oh, your car is at 90k miles. There's a special service that we ought to do'. Didn't even think of that. Apparently the 90k service is a big deal and involves replacing the timing belt and a bunch of other things, all totaling around $750 and taking 2-3 hours. Huh. I asked, 'can you just do a quick inspection of the timing belt and let us know how it looks and we'll look into changing it next time? We kinda have plans that don't involve us being here all day.' After some pushback they agreed...they'd do everything but replace the timing belt...total fee, less than $200.

We had time to kill. It was a Toyota dealership, so I talked the wife into looking at the new cars. She's wanted an Avalon forever, so we ended up talking to a sales rep. She pointed out that, since my wife's car is at 90k miles, NOW was the time to trade it in because the car is essentially worthless after 100k miles (you may as well drive it into the ground at that point). Also, the end-of-the-year incentives are fantastic (0% financing up to 72 months on almost all new models, lease incentives, etc). We weren't serious. She has someone do an estimate on her car and comes back with $5000 for a trade in. Not bad.

Then, the service manager talks to us. Turns out that my wife's car needs a timing belt, has a cracked water pump, and has a bunch of other stuff going on. How do we feel about spending ~$2000 today? Not very well, thank you very much.

I pulled the wife aside and we had 'the discussion.' Do we sink 2k into her car to keep it running (it's a 2006 Toyota Camry) or do we finally get her the car that she's always wanted? My opinion: her car is at the peak moment of trade-in and, if we're gonna get anything out of it, now's the time. She agreed.

So, we test drove the Avalon. As I mentioned earlier, this was a car that she'd wanted for a long time. She'd never test driven one, but she had this idealized view of what the experience would be like. She ended up being underwhelmed...it was nicer than her Camry but not what she'd expected. I've got a 2016 Nissan Maxima, and THAT driving experience was what she was expecting out of the Avalon. She was kinda crushed to have her dream car get reduced to just being 'a nice car'.

We left the dealership and decided to head to lunch and talk further. While on the freeway and transitioning from 394 eastbound to 494 southbound, we came upon a fresh car accident...I'm guessing that it was maybe 2 minutes old based upon where the cars were located, where the people were standing, and all of the wreckage on the road. Also, the traffic backup wasn't too bad. The accident was right at the cloverleaf itself, so we were able to get by it pretty easily. Unfortunately, we didn't see a piece of wreckage until it was too late to miss it. It didn't look too big, so my wife aimed for it and we both honestly thought that it was low enough to the ground that we'd pass right over it. Nope. Bam, draaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag for about 30-40 feet.

I looked at the wife...'yep, looks like we're definitely buying a car now.'

We talked about it while driving. Again, my wife loves my Maxima, so we thought we'd take a look at Nissan and see what they had. Long story short, we spent the rest of the day at the Nissan dealership deciding on either leasing a new Altima or a new Maxima for her (or buying her a used Altima). They offered $5500 as trade-in for her car, so we've got that going for us. We didn't commit to anything yet as we wanted to think on the best option for her. We went to a restaurant for dinner. Leaving the restaurant, I thought that it might be prudent to look under her car.

We've got a leak. Not sure what it was...I'm hoping that it was just condensation (it was very humid) but I suspect that her water pump cracked even more.

So yeah. I'm working from home right now as my wife needs my car today in order to do a visit. When she gets back, we're going over to the Nissan dealership to settle on something. We've got everything we need (she has a clear title and all that) so that won't be a problem, and we already did the credit check on the different options that we want. I just hope that her car makes it there...I didn't see any leak in our garage, and I hope that isn't because all of the water is gone...

Fun Saturday. I love it when life suddenly decides that you need to buy a new car.
                            Originally posted by Martin
                            Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                            Originally posted by gravedigger
                            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                            And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                            Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• The funny thing: I've got a red 2016 Nissan Maxima. I love it, and the wife loves it even more. It kinda set a standard for her in terms of comfort, features, styling, and overall fun factor. By the time that the day is done, I suspect that we'll have another 2016 Nissan Maxima in our garage. Her's will be black, though.
                              Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                              Originally posted by gravedigger
                              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                              And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                              Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Neat!

I'm waiting to finish paying my Santa Fe in 18 months... and get a Chevrolet Volt.

I have my old 2007 Vibe, but at 150000km, I decided to run her to the ground. She has a couple of bumps so her value is bleh. It's all Toyota inside. I'm betting on it lasting that 18 months AND the 5 years I'll pay the Santa Fe. I'll keep the money (5-6K?) I'll make off the Santa Fe in case the Vibe breaks down.
                                BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

Working...
                                X