No announcement yet.

DARK SOULS: A Masochist's Love Letter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got kicked right in the middle of fighting the ceaseless discharge. My god it is like real life.
    Me quick one want slow

Comment

Trying to figure what covenant, if any, I should join.

Giant Tits McGee seems like an upstanding citizen.
      Me quick one want slow

Comment

Oh i got invaded last night. While in the depths. Where the rats and frogs come from both sides. "Sir Kirt" can go fuck himself.

Comment

I fear that. Which is why I horde humanity and remain hollow.
          Me quick one want slow

Comment

Yeah, I went human to kindle the hidden bonfire in the depths. Mah bad.

Comment

Put the hurt on the CD. The demon ruins are now unfucked (sort of).
              Me quick one want slow

Comment

Took out hydra, and got my fireball to level 8. Going to see about opening the shortcut in Drake Valley, then just grinding a fuck ton of souls. Found any particularly decent spots prior to Blight town? I am thinking the depths is the "best" spot.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                  Took out hydra, and got my fireball to level 8. Going to see about opening the shortcut in Drake Valley, then just grinding a fuck ton of souls. Found any particularly decent spots prior to Blight town? I am thinking the depths is the "best" spot.
                  Ended up going through the Asylum, killing the easy mobs there, bonfiring, and doing it all over again. Pretty easy soul versus threat potential. It's how I opened up the sealed door in Darkroot to the Big Daddy Kane cheap-o soul grinding spot.
                  Me quick one want slow

Comment

Ah, so that's the cheap spot? Shit guess I need to grind out 20k souls today. Got really pissed when I bought soul arrow only to find out I can't use without the catalyst. Don't want to drop UBER flame for that in my right hand.

Comment

Yep. Once you're through that door, you've got a lovely bonfire adjacent to the door for respawning the handful of cliff divers that you will be luring toward to their doom.

When they chase you back down to the stairs, they sometimes get stuck in this one area and run in place unless you come out and dangle the bogus carrot in their face a second time.

There's yootoob vids for a more accurate visual depiction of the spot you need to be in to lure them, but it is along the thin expanse to the left of the stairs down into the forest.

Enjoy your rise to power, Scarface. First you get da cliffdivers, then you get da souls, then you get da powah.
                      Me quick one want slow

Comment

Also: late last night I finally annihilated Sif.

Seeing that thing actualyl exist--a fucking wolf with a sword in its mouth--was a highlight.

Too bad it didn't know not to muck with a G. I would've brought it to Letterman's attention.
                        Me quick one want slow

Comment

Oh i also killed the butterfly. Fuck those stone soldiers. And the butterfly...wtf? OK, I guess that's a boss.

Comment

An optional boss.

The stone dudes are pretty easy as long as you don't pick up the psycho ent douches that tend to occupy space around them. Just unload on them when they're doing their stun spell animation and they're close to fooked by then.
                            Me quick one want slow

Comment

I am absolutely intimidated by the abyss right now.

Something about descending into pitch black just fucks with me in the worst way.

I think I'll go through the Catacombs for a warm-up.
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

I read this thread half giddy and half sadpanda, because the game sounds awesome but I haz no 360 now. Carry on.
                                "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Working...
                                X