No announcement yet.

ISSA GOTDAMN WEEKEEEEEND THREAD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hahahhaha, Rerb, I hear you about the kids but srsly, animal shit = stink too. Zoo's got plenty of animal shit.
    "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• I have to say, the Minnesota Zoo is so much more enjoyable than the Como Zoo, aka the free zoo. MN Zoo has much bigger and better kept areas for the animals. Plus any of the buildings you can walk through are kept at comfortable temperature. Como Zoo was crazy busy this past weekend, and all the buildings were super humid and smelled of kid's piss. It was gross. I was glad that we didn't have to pay to get in, and I was glad that I donated --- they need it. The Conservatory on the other hand was beautiful I thought.
      If I were Shé, do you think I'd be operating a taco truck? Shé brings hope. Shé rights the wrongs. Unfortunately, Shé is a myth.

Comment

• On the first time we celebrated my birthday together, Jen took me to the Cape May County Zoo. At first, I was like "yeah, OK", until we got there. Clean, immaculate, lots of well-fed and healthy looking animals in clean environments. Granted, a lot of the animals were kind of sleepy and lethargic (hey, a lot of these guys spend most of their time just chillin' since they don't have to hunt for food anymore), but it was a great time, and we're long overdue to go back there.

The Safari area at Great Adventure was pretty much the same - I mentioned before the care of the animals were highest priority at that area of the park, and from what I hear they still are today. Though I haven't been there for over 20 years, I do recommend if you're in my area, spend the bucks and take the Safari bus ride - you get to see lots of animals, and little to no stench.

Comment

• The stench drives home the experience!

Buncha godsdamn pantywaisted milksops up in here!

Comment

• In a moving bus? Little to no stench. On the ground in Safari, however... hoo boy. Odor will change the way you walk.

Still, the stench from the dumpsters in GA laughs at your zoo smells. Those odors will hit you like a wall.

Comment

• I love the people who love the smell of animal waste. You crazy kids,.
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Never said I loved it, Rerb. Just saying I know what it smells like, in varying degrees, from "Phew! You got a cat, right?" to "Sweet Jamaican Pipe Dreams!!! The hell just died here, a Tyrannosaurus?" to "Why are my nostrils bleeding, and will I be able to have kids after this?"

I'm just saying that I've smelled worse (far, far worse) than your typical subpar zoo.

Comment

• Peopleshit is worse than penguinshit.
                  Me quick one want slow

Comment

• And that's the smell that was so bad to us. It was NEVER the animals. That's what I was getting so frustrated with yesterday. IT WAS THE SMELL OF UNWASHED MASSES that got to me. not the animals.
                    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• That's perfectly understandishable
                      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• It was like walking through 10 comic-cons but with BABIES EVERYWHERE.

Comment

• My strategy: jump into the nearest gorilla pen and mock the fuckers until they tear me apart (lisa).
                          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffington Headcheese View Post
                            And that's the smell that was so bad to us. It was NEVER the animals. That's what I was getting so frustrated with yesterday. IT WAS THE SMELL OF UNWASHED MASSES that got to me. not the animals.
                            Ah - now I feel ya, Rob, and I agree - people's poo is far worse a smell than animal poo. Just be lucky it wasn't a really hot day when you and Lesley went, as nothing beats that stench when it ferments under a hot, hot sun.

Comment

• It was 90 degrees that day. And we dont' have dry heat here.

Comment

• Oofah. That's pretty horrendous. You should visit the zoo again when the temp hits 100+. That's a special kind of hell there.

It would've been great if you were working with me back at GA way back when, Rob. Just watching the look on your face when some of the smells I had to deal with on a daily basis filtered up your nostrils would have made for high comedy for me. And a quick request for a transfer to Games or something for you. 'Course, I don't think you were even a concept back then or maybe a toddler or something ("Kind of short for this kid to work here, huh?" "Can he hold a broom? Fuck it, he can sweep!")

Comment

Working...
                                X