What the shit is wrong with kids today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do they even need cell phones period?
    Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
    Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
    POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• This is going on right now as we speak at my job. The woman I sit next to, not more than 30 mintues ago, opened up a $400 cell phone bill, courtesy of her 13 yr. old daughter. Of course, said co-worker is an idiot, because she said this is the SIXTH time this past year that her kid has run up a bill that high from just texting. We've told her several times, "Time to take the phone away from her", and she says "Yeah yeah", but doesn't. Oh, well.
      Last edited by Lisa; 01-29-2010, 12:35 PM.
      2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• That's when you break the phone infront of your kid. Goddamn. I was grounded for 3 months as a kid for getting a C+ in Handwriting. If I would have pulled this kind of shit as a kid, I would have been sent to a military school.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• It seems like these days parents should just get unlimited texting. If the cost of this is too much - just don't let them have cell phones unless they pay for it.
          If I were Shé, do you think I'd be operating a taco truck? Shé brings hope. Shé rights the wrongs. Unfortunately, Shé is a myth.

Comment

• Originally posted by LisaNY View Post
            This is going on right now as we speak at my job. The woman I sit next to, not more than 30 mintues ago, opened up a $400 cell phone bill, courtesy of her 13 yr. old daughter. Of course, said co-worker is an idiot, because she said this is the SIXTH time this past year that her kid has run up a bill that high from just texting. We've told her several times, "Time to take the phone away from her", and she says "Yeah yeah", but doesn't. Oh, well.
            And adding unlimited text is $5 a month. Awesome.

And Yea, I kind of think kids do need cell phones. Landlines are dinosaurs, and you can't rely on calling a friend's mom or something anymore in order to check on the kid being where they should be or whatever. An unlimited family plan is fairly cheap, so I don't think it really hurts anything. If my kid got in trouble sexting I would give him a high five and sext my brown eye to the teacher.

Comment

• They should have to leave them in their lockers during school at least.
              Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
              Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
              POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• What the fuck do kids have to talk about?! Why do they even need cell phones?! FFS.
                The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                  And adding unlimited text is $5 a month. Awesome.
                  Well, she (the co-worker) is pretty dumb about money in general. Too much to go into here, and really not on topic, but they're in deep financial doo-doo because of horrible money handling on her part. Six cell phone bills ranging from $400 to $700 in one year, and not putting the brakes on the kid, is only part of it - it just all adds up.

And Yea, I kind of think kids do need cell phones. Landlines are dinosaurs, and you can't rely on calling a friend's mom or something anymore in order to check on the kid being where they should be or whatever. An unlimited family plan is fairly cheap, so I don't think it really hurts anything.
                  Exactly, and there are other methods of keeping the costs down too. If your kid is a text monster, get the little bastard a pre-paid phone. Or, they have cell phones for really little kids that only can dial three programmed numbers - home, another adult like a grandparent, and the police. No texting, and the only incoming calls can be from the two family phone numbers. I think it's actually a program made by Disney, sort of like a "My First Cell Phone" for kids around 8 yrs old, 10 yrs old. But hey, if you have a ridiculously irresponsible 13 year old who won't knock it off, I guess it would work for them, too.
                  Last edited by Lisa; 01-29-2010, 12:50 PM.
                  2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• Originally posted by Nathan View Post
                    They should have to leave them in their lockers during school at least.
                    They don't? In Houston they do. If the phone goes off during class it's confiscated and the parents have to come and collect it. Same as pagers were back in my day.

Comment

• I remember seeing a cell phone a while ago that you could program like 10 numbers in and that is all it would call.

EDIT: What Lisa said.

I think cell phones can be a help for kids (mom, I'm at Hocken's house viewing his jammer collection. Pick me up NOW!), but I can't see text messaging being needed.
                      Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
                      John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

• Originally posted by nerdious dorkus View Post
                        What the fuck do kids have to talk about?! Why do they even need cell phones?! FFS.
                        "Hey man. Can you score any killer green?"

"Did you see Jessica today? Totally rocking."

In other words. Nothing important.
                        We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
                        - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Originally posted by Howard View Post
                          "Hey man. Can you score any killer green?"

"Did you see Jessica today? Totally rocking."

In other words. Nothing important.
                          Both of those conversations are more important and stimulating than the many I have every day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ari View Post
                            I think cell phones can be a help for kids (mom, I'm at Hocken's house viewing his jammer collection. Pick me up NOW!), but I can't see text messaging being needed.
                            Haha, nice!
                            If I were Shé, do you think I'd be operating a taco truck? Shé brings hope. Shé rights the wrongs. Unfortunately, Shé is a myth.

Comment

• "Hi mom. I'm not home yet cause I'm in this big van going to a place called Hockentown. Nah, I'm not alone. There's like six other boys from my class with me. Mom, why are you screaming and crying? What's a jammer?"
                              Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
                              John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

• Why the fuck would you want to leave an electronic trail when it comes to "killer green"?

Ugh.
                                The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

Working...
                                X