Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
    Man, I used to like Leviathan when I was 10... but Critters was way more fun.
    Critters is the shit. Those bounty hunters were awesome.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Fuck yeah. Sequels were alright, but the original stands out.
      BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• I do enjoy the 3rd entry but yeah, the OG is great.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Watched/buzzed through 'Tron Legacy' again last night...I was looking for some eye candy while I ate my dinner.

Thoughts:
          - You're right: the first 45 minutes of the film is pretty solid. It becomes boredom city once old Flynn actually enters the picture.
          - Castor/Zeus makes absolutely zero sense as a character. I can buy the motivations of almost all of the 'programs' that we're introduced to, but I can't understand why a program would act like that? How do you program flamboyancy?
          - Tron/Rizzler makes absolutely zero sense as a character. He feels completely shoehorned in and lacks any kind of motivation or story arc. There should have been some sort of redemptive story around his character.
          - Garrett is fine in the role. Any fault with his performance can be attributed to the script which, unfortunately, puts him in a dour and passive role.
          Originally posted by Martin
          Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
          Originally posted by gravedigger
          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
          And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
          Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• I was really surprised with how good First Blood is.

The funny thing is, had Brian Dennehy not had such a bug up his ass. The town wouldn't have been destroyed.
            "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• First Blood is a MUST OWN on blu. It's gorgeous looking.

Comment

• Love 'First Blood'. Good to know that it's a good blu-ray.
                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• It is, and you can usually find it for under 12 bucks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                    Watched/buzzed through 'Tron Legacy' again last night...I was looking for some eye candy while I ate my dinner.

Thoughts:
                    - You're right: the first 45 minutes of the film is pretty solid. It becomes boredom city once old Flynn actually enters the picture.
                    - Castor/Zeus makes absolutely zero sense as a character. I can buy the motivations of almost all of the 'programs' that we're introduced to, but I can't understand why a program would act like that? How do you program flamboyancy?
                    - Tron/Rizzler makes absolutely zero sense as a character. He feels completely shoehorned in and lacks any kind of motivation or story arc. There should have been some sort of redemptive story around his character.
                    - Garrett is fine in the role. Any fault with his performance can be attributed to the script which, unfortunately, puts him in a dour and passive role.
                    Haven't rewatched it, but I agree with your points. Castor/Zeus was Michael Sheen's character, right? He was great.

And no lightcycle in the last act = FAIL. In fact, they should have done the opposite: end it in the arena.

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
                      Haven't rewatched it, but I agree with your points. Castor/Zeus was Michael Sheen's character, right? He was great.

And no lightcycle in the last act = FAIL. In fact, they should have done the opposite: end it in the arena.
                      We did get the lightplane aerial battle (which was pretty decent) but that's merely an interlude in a thoroughly dull and lifeless second half. Good GOD does this film have pacing issues.

Comment

• The remixed soundtrack is aces though.
                        "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Absolutely. The Crystal Method track is the shit.

Comment

• Skyline. Didn't hate it. Felt like a video game and I was entertained. Plus Brittany Daniel. It actually felt like I was sorta watching an adaptation gone wrong of t he game 'Prey' for whatever reason.

Comment

• The kids are all right - really decent flick about the modern family and of course, added hollywood drama. Dug it. Ruffalo should get more work.

Four Lions - Where do I start? And where can I possibly end? Great comedy flick about a really touchy subject. So much funny I don't think I can cover it all. "I'll kill you bro." "Earless rabbits" "Rubber dingy rapids" "Run fast but smooth, smooth and slow, but fast" OMG just so much funny. To write a movie about Jihad and make it this funny should guarantee someone work for life.
                              "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• HP AND THE DEATHLY HALLOWS PT. 1- EPIC. I don't know how they made the worst part of the book (450 pages of Harry, Hermione, and Ron walking through the woods) entertaining but they did it. I wish the undercover mission at the Ministry was a little longer but otherwise I loved the hell out of this. Can't decide if this is my favorite or AZKABAN.

Comment

Working...
                                X