Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll roll it in a stogie.
    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Warrior

Holy shit was that bad. Unoriginal. Derivative. Cookie cutter as fuck. Zero performances of note, at least GOOD performances. Tom Hardy has a huge fucking black hole on his resume from this one. He's a sniveling, whiny, marble mouthed piss ant in this. Full review coming for Anderson soon.

When I told the PR gal I was there for AV she was all so excited and wanted to hear my thoughts and wanted to know when the review would be up on AV. After the show she stopped and wanted my comment card and thoughts on the movie, and I just had to tell her "you really don't want my comments on this one, I have to work to find a polite way to critique this one" and she looked concerned.

Comment

• Was it as bad as that movie he did with the minotaur and shit?

Comment

• What movie is that? Don't think I've seen it. It definitely wasn't fucking Bronson.

The more I think about it, the more this movie pisses me off. I might write a very heavy spoiler review and one without and let Anderson choose what to do with them.

One reason the movie pisses me off, Hardy fucking DECIMATES fools, back flat on the ground, him on top, fists flying into bone, you can hear the wet smacks that indicate nothing but pulp, which SHOULD be all that is left.

There is not a SINGLE drop of blood in the entire film. Not a SINGLE FUCKING DROP. The one time I thought I saw blood it was a red mouth guard.

Comment

• 'The Help' aka 'White Guilt the Movie, Part 17'.

The wife unit wanted to see this one. I owed her for going to see a bunch of my movies this Summer, so I took her to it tonight. It's good but not great...utterly and completely predictable from start to finish, just like 'The Blind Side' aka 'White Guilt the Movie, Part 16'. The acting is good for the most part, and there's kinda a deviant sense of humor running through it (mainly surrounding Minnie, the maid played by Octavia somethingorother) that creates some uncomfortable laughs. The only real misstep in the film comes from Bryce Dallas Howard, who plays her character so completely broad that it doesn't fit in with the rest of the film. She's almost a parody of a character, and she really drops the acting ball during her big scenes. It's quite pathetic.

Rent it when it hits DVD; there's nothing here that requires you to drop the cash on seeing it theatrically.
            Originally posted by Martin
            Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
            Originally posted by gravedigger
            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
            And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
            Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
              What movie is that?
              Enjoy...

Comment

• Hesher.

While it is mostly centered around a fractured family after the loss of a loved one, it makes room for a singular character who underneath his psychotic burnout exterior, is the catalyst for their reemergence as a cohesive unit.

Levitt is fantastic as the eponymous character, constantly shifting gears in every scene. In one moment, he's a complete bastard, torching someone's car, and the next, he's a bastard who teaches a kind old lady how to take a bong rip.

The kid they cast as T.J. is also really fucking good. And as the central character of the story, he fucking has to be. Otherwise, why would Hesher even waste his time helping the little dude out?

Rainn Wilson, Natalie Portman, and Piper Laurie all perform admirably as the supporting cast in this bizarre yet endearing film.
                Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Is that on demand or did you see it in a theater? Been wanting to see it for a while now.

Comment

• same
                    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Neither.
                      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Oh, and 'Tangled' IS great. It's almost ALMOST a throwback to the quality of the early 90s output. The animation is gorgeous, the songs are decent, and the comedy works. There's some truly solid emotion in it as well, giving the story some serious heft. A real winner.

and yes, I'm gay for Ben.
                        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Matt, if I was forced to, it would be a toss-up between Fassbender, Kurt Russell and you.
                          I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Dude, you had me at hello.

Comment

• It smells like sex in here.

Comment

• There's an incredible moment in the film where the King and Queen are standing together, sad about the upcoming anniversary of their daughter's disappearance. It's completely wordless, and the animated expression on the King's face is simply heart-wrenching. That takes real talent to pull off in an animated film, and they deserve major kudos for nailing that moment so perfectly.

Comment

Working...
                                X