Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nathan View Post
    I read that as Apollo Creed.

Disappearance: Solved.

Comment

• 'Centurion'

I dug it. It wasn't great but it was pretty solidly entertaining. Good fights, lots of blood, and actually pretty well acted. OlgaCrazyPictChicHuntress was badass.
      Originally posted by Martin
      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
      Originally posted by gravedigger
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
      Originally posted by Martin
      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jan View Post

Disappearance: Solved.
        GOLD
        BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Just watched Dune (theatrical cut) on Netflix. I honestly think this is one of my most favourite movies, pretty much of all time.
          <sigh> FACEBOOK - MY WEBSITE

Comment

• CEDAR RAPIDS- In this post I talk about the greatness of Ed Helms. He is fantastic as the sheltered insurance salesman who goes to the big city of Cedar Rapids for a convention. The people he meets are great, too. John C. Reilly is the douchebag with a heart of gold.

Comment

• Rise of the Planet of the Apes. Or as it is called over here: Planet der Affen: Prevolution

Speaking about hype that delivers. This movie is pretty much the best one I have seen at the cinema this year so far (Though it is a close race with Hanna).

Even with having been completely spoiled on the finer beats of the story, I was captivated. This truly is a movie starring an ape. I would cheer if Serkis would get nominated for this work. As an actor not as a CGI thingy. This truly was some next-level shit going on with the apes. Never have I been so invested in a CGI creature. Not even Gollum. And the interaction between the apes, or rather characters was something to behold. Especially the tactics at the very end.

I loved the montages as well. Seing Cesar growing up was such a joyful cinematic moment. But my most favorite shot was definitely the haunting shot of the apes jumping through the trees in suburbia. That could have been from Spielberg. Great stuff.
                Spoiler: spoilerz 

Oh, and "No!" brought the house down over here. Something that rarely happens.

I´d be down with a sequel.

Comment

• Jan, maybe spoiler text that bit, cos it was genuinely a surprise for me and I'd hate for it to be ruined for anyone that hasn't seen it.

Totally agree with you though - arguably my favourite film of the year so far. Not sure what could beat it at this point, maybe Dragon Tattoo?
                I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Damn, you are absolutely right about the Spoilers. But I somehow can´t edit that post anymore. Anyone know how I can fix that?

I am not really down on Dragon Tattoo so far. But since it is a Fincher film I am gonna watch that regardless and will likely be blown away. Even if I never managed to finish the books and did not like the Scandinavian version in particular. For me Drive seems to be the one hidden gem left on the table.

Comment

• Oh yeah, can't wait for Drive.
                    I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Drive
                      Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy
                      Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
                      "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Ohhhhhhhh!

Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy

Good call, Ed! I am dying to see that one.
                        Last edited by Jan; 08-17-2011, 09:08 AM.

Comment

• New Year's Eve.

*fart*
                          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• UK is getting it September, for some reason US is getting it in December.

Which is some bullshit, I tells ya.
                            Last edited by Ed Hocken; 08-17-2011, 09:11 AM.
                            "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Saw Iron Giant again last night.

Fuck Kent Mansley.

I miss traditional aminashins.
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                                Just watched Dune (theatrical cut) on Netflix. I honestly think this is one of my most favourite movies, pretty much of all time.
                                "I see the truth of it."

Watched Eden Lake earlier. Very effective British horror / drama with Magne-Michael Fassbender and Kelly "the most interesting thing in Sherlock Holmes" Reilly. I got a kick out of seeing two of the youthful thugs from This is England ("Thommo" and your wee man from Skins) teaming up once again.

The premise is simple and great. Young couple are tormented on what's supposed to be peaceful weekend in the country by a gang of young ruffians. The battle for survival ensues.

Two great central performances, some nice set-pieces and suspense, coupled with a brutal eye for gory detail make this an interesting watch to say the least. It also made a great bookend for my unplanned but wonderful mini-Fassbender season following 300 and Fish Tank the other day. How fantastic was Fish Tank, by the way? Riveting!

Disclaimer: if you have my weakness for redheads, you may find Kelly Reilly distractingly hot in Eden Lake. Not even joking. It's ridiculous.
                                "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

Working...
                                X