Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just watched 'Four Lions'. Great fucking flick. So good. Hate the writer/director for making me like the leads. Bastard. And that ending...gotdamn.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Which one's the honeymonster
      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Salt-Meh at best. The wife loves Jolie, apparently all women do so I indulged her, should have napped instead.
        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Four Lions is amazing.

I am continuing my cinema education of Brittany. Today was Evil Dead 2 and Blade Runner. She liked both, especially ED2. She asked if Bruce "despised the movie for pigeon holing him and holding him back from a big career" and I laughed my head off.

I want Deckard's coat. Found it online for $500.

Comment

• Saw HANNA last nite. So, so great. It's a stunning film to watch, literally. The way Joe Wright shot the film is like poetry in motion. Also, what I heard from The Chemical Brothers score is fuckin' aces.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
              Just watched 'Tron' on blu-ray as well. It's STUNNING to watch on blu-ray...seriously, the colors are amazing.

Also, I figured out what's wrong with the film: it starts out completely wrong. The opening sequences don't effectively establish how the real world relates to the computer world...what's there is jumbled, clunky, and very rushed. It should have started out like this:

1. Open on Flynn's, see Bridges work the floor and establish who his character is.
              2. Have him leave the floor to try and break into Encom using Clu. Expand upon and use this scene to firmly establish the rules of the film and how the computer world interelates with the real world.
              3. Once Clu gets logged off, have Flynn go back on the floor and hang with the crowd.
              4. Cut to a kid playing the light cycle game. HERE is where you introduce Sark. Have him win the game and go and have his chat with the MCP. Have Sark witness the interrogation and de-rezzing of Clu.

THAT would have gotten the film off on a better foot.
              The first 45 minutes are GREAT. Then it's boring. No more lightcycles and shit. Only Sheen saves it a bit.

Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
              13 Assassins - finally settled in to watch this, and it doesn't disappoint. Miike is actually a bit restrained here; though there is his trademark bloodletting, it's not too over-the-top (save for one or two moments), and the story and pacing move along rather nicely (couple of slow points, and some confusion as to what was going on in the beginning scenes, but once the assassins are assembled, everything falls into place and flows nicely). There are a couple of points in the story where some of what you see might be a bit ridiculous, but it's better to just go with it and give your critical eye a breather, as the story and performances really carry this.

Gorgeously shot, too - the action scenes particularly. In the hands of someone else, it'd be easy to lose track of who's fighting who, but not here. Miike was smart enough to put the heroes in similar outfits that made them stand-out amongst the enemy armies. Also, special shout outs to Gorô Inagaki as the cold-blooded Lord Naritsugu, who really delivered just the right hint of villainy in this (you'll be rooting for this guy to get whacked very early on), and Kôji Yakusho as lead samurai Shinzaemon.

If you're a fan of samurai stuff, this is a must watch.
              Agreed. So far my favorite of the year. LOVED IT. Just might be Miike's favorite for me.

Originally posted by Ray Abed View Post
              Saw HANNA last nite. So, so great. It's a stunning film to watch, literally. The way Joe Wright shot the film is like poetry in motion. Also, what I heard from The Chemical Brothers score is fuckin' aces.
              And here's my 2nd favorite of the year. Bana and Blanchett delivers as expected, and more, but Saoirse Ronan is above them.
              BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Originally posted by McMeatbag View Post
                Which one's the honeymonster
                Is a Wookie a bear?
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Fuck, I wanna rewatch 13 Assassin NOW.

Comment

• I must see samurai carnage.
                    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• 2010 - caught a bit of this before work and was astonished to discover a young Helen Mirren was in this as the Russian commander/scientist on the Leonov! Pretty cool little flick (though I understand it's different from the book), but watching this on my HDTV, the special effects are pretty blatant and almost took me out of the flick (the faint grey block surrounding the Leonov prior to aerobraking, for example, as well as the not quite black areas of the ship compared to the rest of space when the ship is in shadow). Needs a digital cleanup, stat!

Also rewatched Piranha 3D yesterday for shits and giggles. Happily remembered Dina Meyer was in this, as well as the Richard Dreyfuss cameo at the start, Christopher Lloyd is my new favorite mad scientist, Kelly Brook and Riley Steele make me breathe funny, Jerry O'Connell and his dick having a sad, and I'd so love to be busted by Elisabeth Shue for a moving violation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
                        2010 - caught a bit of this before work and was astonished to discover a young Helen Mirren was in this as the Russian commander/scientist on the Leonov! Pretty cool little flick (though I understand it's different from the book), but watching this on my HDTV, the special effects are pretty blatant and almost took me out of the flick (the faint grey block surrounding the Leonov prior to aerobraking, for example, as well as the not quite black areas of the ship compared to the rest of space when the ship is in shadow). Needs a digital cleanup, stat!
                        I love this movie so much.
                        Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                        Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                        POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• Man, Nathan, I've watched that film so many times growing up - damn thing was like the Karate Kid films: it was ALWAYS on, no matter what channel you switched it to or whatever day it was. I think it helped me to expand my viewing habits a bit as a result ("Geez, 2010 is on AGAIN? Shit, I'll watch Pretty Woman instead." "The Karate Kid 2? AGAIN? Fuck it, I'll watch the soap opera on Telemundo. HOLY SHIT! Look at those girls! Muy caliente!").

Comment

• '2010' is underrated. My one real issue with the film is that the 'something wonderful' is kinda underwhelming.
                            Originally posted by Martin
                            Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                            Originally posted by gravedigger
                            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                            Originally posted by Martin
                            And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                            Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Don't get me wrong - I love 2010, it's just I burnt out on it for the longest time. This was probably the first time I've seen the flick in about 5 years or so, and the first time I saw it in HD, which I think hurt it a bit. Same thing happened with Dune and other 80's flicks I like; the HD stuff easily shows the limitations of special effects at the time. Watching those films when I was younger, I could've given a shit as I was sucked into the film, so the effects would've blended in seamlessly at the time. Now that I'm older and have the HDTV, I almost feel some sympathy to folks like George Lucas when they want to go back and tweak their flicks effects.

Almost.

Comment

• If Lucas only did that for the FX...

Comment

Working...
                                X