Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Theodore Moistington III View Post
    It was extremely dumb.

WE AGREE ON SOMETHING! HOLY FUCK!
    Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
    Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
    POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Theodore Moistington III View Post
      Just watched 'Four Lions'. Great fucking flick. So good. Hate the writer/director for making me like the leads. Bastard. And that ending...gotdamn.
      My favourite film of last year. So many great lines (everything Waj says is genius, though the delivery is so much of it), but my two favourite moments are the quietly moving farewell between Omar and his wife in the hospital and the MP saying over the end credits, 'The report makes crystal clear that the police shot the right man, but as far as I'm aware, the wrong man exploded. Is that clear?'.

Chris Morris really brought it and I hope he makes more films in the same vein. He is arguably the most important voice in British comedy in the last 15 years.
      I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
        Very much so. The comic could get pretty epic in scale, and had some great biting social commentary in it, but the film shit the bed as far as that went.

I will say the robot Rico used was pretty sweet, though. *robofistRob+Matt*
        I ALSO AGREE

BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Limitless

I liked it. There were parts I which had been more developed. The narrative at times seemed pacey? Oh and I drank a 5-hour energy right before the movie started so I wouldn't fall asleep the first 10 minutes like I did for Source Code. Stupid 5 o'clock nap urges. But yeah, it was interesting with the storyline.

7.5/10

Comment

• Trying Spiral Knights, a free RPG from Sega. Seems neat so far.

Comment

• Leviathan.

Robocop, a Wet Bandit, Winston Zeddemore and Col. Trautman fight a Resident Evil reject in flick that desperately wants to be 'Aliens', 'The Thing' and 'The Abyss' and mostly fails. Stern was fucking ridiculously over the top but there were some decent practical effects in regards to the monster. The underwater stuff was ass though as was that last battle. It looked like a Power Rangers bit.
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• 'Leviathan' is laughably bad. I prefer 'Deepstar 6' as it at least KNOWS that it's a shitty movie.
                Originally posted by Martin
                Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                Originally posted by gravedigger
                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                Originally posted by Martin
                And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Man, I used to like Leviathan when I was 10... but Critters was way more fun.

Comment

• Sorry... I still love 'Leviathan'.

You may commence with the snark.

Comment

• First Blood - got sucked into watching this last night before going to bed. In this flick, Rambo's a bit of a far cry from the war machine he'd become in the sequels, and far more human. His tearful breakdown with Richard Crenna at the end was some of Stallone's best acting, IMHO. Dennehy as the Sheriff added just the right amount of menace and arrogance, steadfastly refusing to believe he was so over his head dealing with Rambo that it became less about him doing his job, and more about him saving face and keeping his power base in town.

A must-see if you haven't already, and it puts all the later action flicks from Stallone, Schwarzenegger, Segal, etc. into perspective.

Comment

• I find it odd yet poignant that when I saw that movie for the first time, I laughed my ass off during his breakdown.

And now, some years later... I bite the inside of my mouth bloody to keep from losing it right along with him.

Comment

• I hear ya, Vin. It especially struck me last night watching it (I haven't watched it in years), how quickly I got sucked into it, even though I knew all the story and character beats by heart from years of watching it. The speech/breakdown at the end just stuck with me this time, and I was amazed at how Stallone just nailed it. Similar to the first Rocky flick, which was also another great performance from him.

Where was this Stallone when he was making Judge Dredd?

Comment

• A good movie. Compared to RAMBO BUTCHERS AZN ON TOP OF A TECHNICAL, it's a whole different character.

Comment

• I look at the last Rambo pic as just a live action cartoon for adults, really.

Comment

• Yet it's my favorite of them all.

Comment

Working...
                                X