Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A low budget frequently forces the director to come up with more creative solutions to problems rather than simply relying on post-production special effects. If the story is good and the director knows what they're doing, the film SHOULD be good regardless of budget.
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
      A low budget frequently forces the director to come up with more creative solutions to problems rather than simply relying on post-production special effects. If the story is good and the director knows what they're doing, the film SHOULD be good regardless of budget.
      And this is how Empire's damning review of my first film will begin.
      I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
        Bullshit. You'll get praised for your ingenuity and your ability to tell the story 'in camera' ala John Carpenter ('Halloween'). You can make your Michael Bay-inspired explosion fests later on in your career.
        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

If so I will call and irately threaten to cancel my subscription unless a new 4 star review is published. I'll let them know how the magazine biz is struggling and my American subscription is roughly $789 a year, so they can't afford to lose me NOW GIVE BEN HIS JAMESON AWARD!

Comment

• To be honest, I'd just be happy to have someone see a film I've made, so if they were to condemn it, I'd still take it as a compliment.

They gave Edgar Wright's first film 1 star, after all.
            I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

To be honest, I'd just be happy to have someone see a film I've made, so if they were to condemn it, I'd still take it as a compliment.
              Your script is too good, Ben. Unless you totally botch it (which I don't see happening), you'll do just fine with the critical response.

Comment

• As long as John Hurt plays someone who says 'Fucking cunt!' all the time, then Ben's got my $10...

Comment

• Ben's already had my $10 since his project got greenlighted. It could be about a gay cowboy eating pudding for an hour and a half, and my ass is in a seat.

NUTTIN' BUTT LURV, BEN!

Comment

• Not only does he have my $10, he probably also has my plane ticket to London to attend the premiere.

Comment

• Try Manchester, Matt.

I'm doing a massive re-write in light of similar films having come out - Monsters, Take Shelter and Perfect Sense - so we'll see how botched it gets between now and shooting time.

Comment

• If Ben gets ahold of Peter Capaldi, my ass will be in the seat.
                        "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• If Ben's flick is anything like this, I'll drink his fucking bathwater.

NSFW... btw.

Comment

• Manchester it is, and the first pint is on me.

Ben, I hope that you don't mind me telling the guys this: I'm lucky enough to have read Ben's script. It's a good one, and it would translate onto the screen very nicely. It's well written with interesting characters and memorable scenes. It starts strong and ends strong. I WANT to see it made.
                            Last edited by Matt; 02-01-2011, 11:09 AM.

Comment

• 44 Inch Chest was pretty good.

Ray Winstone plays crazy quite well.

McShane is gold.

Hurt reminded me of my grandfather.
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I tried to watch 44 Inch Chest and quickly became bored and woke up on the couch surrounded by empty St. Arnold's bottles and a turkey sandwich.
                                Last edited by BillyG; 02-01-2011, 12:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X