Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
    Didn't know about his diabetes and high blood pressure. I am the sad.
    Yeah, I swear that I'd seen interviews where he said that somehow nothing was wrong with him.
    Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
    Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
    POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• "Dispicable Me"

Wasn't horrible. Really dug some of the character work. Vector inparticular. I also really dug the beginning. Otherwise, not up to par with Pixar but not in the dumps with Shrek.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• "The Final Option" on Instant.

I remember watching this as a kid and saying "Sweet Merciful SHIT! This is fucking AWESOME!"

After watching it again? I lost count of the tactical and training errors shown in this film. I remember reaching 36...

Still worthwhile to watch a young, hot Judy Davis, though...

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
          "Dispicable Me"

Wasn't horrible. Really dug some of the character work. Vector inparticular. I also really dug the beginning. Otherwise, not up to par with Pixar but not in the dumps with Shrek.
          I liked it. Not Pixar-great like you said, but it's interesting. Way better than Megamind. Carrell killed as Gru.
          BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• totally indifferent to 'Despicable Me'. It was mildly amusing and harmless. Inoffensive. I didn't DISLIKE it but it also didn't thrill me in the slightest. My wife LOVED it, though.
            Originally posted by Martin
            Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
            Originally posted by gravedigger
            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
            Originally posted by Martin
            And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
            Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• I'll be the ultimate BDR judge of animated pictures for hte next 5-7 yearws, as I'll be exposed to numerous (50+) viewings on each movies. Most Pixars are gold so far (Cars being the weakest), as are the most recent Dreamworks (Panda, Dragons, Despicable) and Surf's Up.

On my hate list:

Planet 51
              Alvin and the Chipmunks (and the 2nd...) - not technically an animated feature, but still...

Comment

• That hate list is a good start. My 6 year old talked me into taking him to Planet 51. I came so close to leaving early and grounding him.
                "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• That movie is a full-fledged assault on my eyes and brains.

Comment

• Agreed, nothing redeemable about it at all. Definitely below the Rock. (The BDR rating system, not necessarily below his standards.)
                    "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• God that rating system is so broken hahaha
                      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Yet it works, but not. I think /old young

Comment

• Time tripped to the 70's and 80's last night:

Less Than Zero and The Warriors.

I had not seen Zero in years, and it still holds up as a great big monolith to the attitude of the era (made entirely out of Bogata's finest snow). Sleek, disposable, and black-hearted.

If you seek to observe the slow rot of drug-addled, vapid people in well-lit ultra modern settings, then this is the movie for you.

The Warriors on the other hand is a grimy salute to a mythic NYC with some fantastic moments that just get better and better with each screening. Even by the standards of today, this is a lean piece of work.

Beyond the usual fan-favorite bits, the one that stuck with me this time around was when Swan and Mercy are on the ride home to Coney Island and those rich disco kids get on the train with them. The kids sit eyeing the two, fearful of them but relieved that they don't share their plight. They get to go home to some place safe while Swan and Mercy will forever be confined to the rules of their environment. It was just a nice little character moment that if this were to be remade would be thrown out in favor of something much more overt.

The attitude of the whole thing is summed up perfectly in David Patrick Kelly's response to his lieutenant's question about why he is so happy that they had yet to eliminate the eponymous group: "Because I'm havin' a good time!"

Luther is a bastard, but it is nigh impossible not to agree with him.
                          Last edited by Captain Russ; 02-16-2011, 02:19 PM.
                          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I just watched The Warriors the other night as well. I really dug it too. And it looks beautiful on Instant View.
                            Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
                            John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

• Hated Less Than Zero (Robert Downey is the only good part in a movie about characters that I cannot stand and don't give a shit about), but that's also because I can't stand Brett Easton Ellis.
                              Last edited by Ed Hocken; 02-16-2011, 02:35 PM.
                              "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Spader was clearly enjoying himself.
                                Me quick one want slow

Comment

Working...
                                X