Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
    Exit from the Gift Shop. Not too shabby. Banksy is pretty fucking hilarious.

I love Banksy, but the doc could've stood a tigher focus and sharper editing.
    My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Rob Zombie's Halloween 2. Yeah, yeah, I know. But the damn thing was on my DVR, and I figured what the hell, right?

Meh, baby. Very, very meh.

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ruckus View Post
        I love Banksy, but the doc could've stood a tigher focus and sharper editing.

At least it wasn't edited like Thierry's flick was. Fucking LULZ to that.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Bad Santa. I've owned it for two years, and just now got around to watching it. Really damn funny. There were a few points we had to stop and pause it so we could regain our composure. We need another demented Zwigoff/Coen Brothers collaboration.

Comment

• That movie is full of win. And Lauren Graham is HOT.
            Also it stars YOUNG CEEJ and is so awesome.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• I could not think of another thing I had seen her in, but yes SUPER HOT.

Comment

• We've got 'Bad Santa' to watch FOR THE FIRST TIME TONIGHT. I can't wait.
                Originally posted by Martin
                Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                Originally posted by gravedigger
                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Book of Eli.

The Hughes know how to cultivate impressive visuals, though they are still very much rooted in style over substance. Where they excel is in constructing such a fully realized world, in staging Denzel's violent encounters with those who choose to piss him off, and in choosing to make Tom Waits a part of it all.

When it comes to substance, there is still a great deal of improvement to be made. They are still very much in the From Hell mode in this regard, especially when Denzel shows up at Dumbledore's house of horrors. Up to that point, there was already a heavy handedness to every line of scripture Denzel spoke at the audience (and scenery-chewing by Oldman, which is becoming a trite commodity), but then the tone shifted and turned into a jokey cannibal vaudeville show.

At least they're coming along in tone constancy.

I'm not saying the film was bad, only that it could have been so much better. I hope the Hugheses keep at it and really deliver someday in the future.

ETA: Malcolm McDowell shows up looking like John Carpenter. It's a bit spooky.
                  Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by McMeatbag View Post
                    Book of Eli.

The Hughes know how to cultivate impressive visuals, though they are still very much rooted in style over substance. Where they excel is in constructing such a fully realized world, in staging Denzel's violent encounters with those who choose to piss him off, and in choosing to make Tom Waits a part of it all.

When it comes to substance, there is still a great deal of improvement to be made. They are still very much in the From Hell mode in this regard, especially when Denzel shows up at Dumbledore's house of horrors. Up to that point, there was already a heavy handedness to every line of scripture Denzel spoke at the audience (and scenery-chewing by Oldman, which is becoming a trite commodity), but then the tone shifted and turned into a jokey cannibal vaudeville show.

At least they're coming along in tone constancy.

I'm not saying the film was bad, only that it could have been so much better. I hope the Hugheses keep at it and really deliver someday in the future.

ETA: Malcolm McDowell shows up looking like John Carpenter. It's a bit spooky.
                    Spot on review, dude!

Re: McDowell, yeah I caught that, too. He also reminded me of Carpenter in Halloween 2.

Comment

• The shadow fight under the bridge is AWESOME. The movie is all flash, but it's some delicious flash.

THE BEACH

Somehow never saw this, despite loving everyone involved. It had developed in my circle as to having some insane "omg this movie is KEEEEEEERAZY" stigma, and I guess I had built a different movie in my head. Instead it was just a "oh man life is such boring bullshit WHOOOOA things are so cool out here living in a hippie commune oh wait no it's just the same as the civilized world riff that we've seen so many times. It had some fine performances though.
                      Last edited by BillyG; 12-20-2010, 01:19 PM.

Comment

• Agreed with Book of Eli.

Watched Wizard of Oz with my oldest last night. He loved it and I fought the temptation to synch it with Dark Side of the Moon the whole time.
                        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                          The shadow fight under the bridge is AWESOME. The movie is all flash, but it's some delicious flash.

THE BEACH

Somehow never saw this, despite loving everyone involved. It had developed in my circle as to having some insane "omg this movie is KEEEEEEERAZY" stigma, and I guess I had built a different movie in my head. Instead it was just a "oh man life is such boring bullshit WHOOOOA things are so cool out here living in a hippie commune oh wait no it's just the same as the civilized world riff that we've seen so many times. It had some fine performances though.
                          Carlyle's character should have had his own flick.
                          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Vacation and Warcraft is good for my Netflix queue.

HOLY ROLLERS

It is what you expect it to be. A serviceable teens that aren't tough acting tough flick. Had some good performances, including the guy from Hangover that got married but nobody gives a fuck about.

COLD SOULS

Giamatti owns, obviously. I figured this was a Kaufman film not written/directed by Kaufman or Jonze, but this was a lot darker. Not that Kaufman's films aren't dark, but Cold Souls was missing the humor I expected it to have. I had a couple decent chuckles, but it was really more depressing. Would definitely recommend it though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                              We've got 'Bad Santa' to watch FOR THE FIRST TIME TONIGHT. I can't wait.
                              fuckmesantafuckmesantafuckmesanta

This was great. Dark, mean-spirited, and funny as hell.
                              Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                              Originally posted by gravedigger
                              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                              And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                              Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Fuck yea. Billy Bob owns that shit.

Comment

Working...
                                X