Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Shit happens when you party naked"
    "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• The Running Man

YES.

So many dodgy Arnie one-liners ("he had to split"/"I don't do requests") and the production design has aged atrociously in some ways, but it's just too watchable for it to matter. Also, how cute was the lead girl?

Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
      Rob Zombie's Halloween 2. Yeah, yeah, I know....

Meh, baby. Very, very meh.
      You'll receive no judgment from me, sir. I spent a fiver for the pleasure of watching approximately 10,000 stabs and The Dourif™ slummin' it.

Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
      That movie is full of win. And Lauren Graham is HOT.
      Also it stars YOUNG CEEJ and is so awesome.
      Graham's hotness was one of the best things about that movie, which I honestly found to be hugely over-rated. A victim of massive hype, you might say.
      "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• Bad Santa can be overpowering if you're not into really mean-spirited/black humor.

As for The Running Man, the fact they got Richard Dawson to play the host greatly increased the favorability on this movie.

Comment

• HATED 'The Running Man' for two reasons:
          1. The incredibly cheap looking production design. It looked dated and awful when I originally saw the movie in the theater.
          2. The book that it's based on is SOOOO much better than what we got for a film.

I also had issues with Fireball. He's lame. Everyone else has a look and a gimmick...all that he is is a man with a flamethrower. Weak.
          Originally posted by Martin
          Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
          Originally posted by gravedigger
          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
          And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
          Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
            Bad Santa can be overpowering if you're not into really mean-spirited/black humor.

As for The Running Man, the fact they got Richard Dawson to play the host greatly increased the favorability on this movie.
            I love black comedy, but I just didn't think the movie was a particularly good example of it.

The Dawson factor didn't really carry any clout for me, since my only experience of the guy is that reference in Mallrats, but he was definitely a solid bad-guy. Ray Stevenson would make a fine Captain Freedom in a remake.
            "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• Forgot how much I love Minority Report. Eventually I need to double dip this on BD.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                Forgot how much I love Minority Report. Eventually I need to double dip this on BD.
                Same. It's supposed to be a phenomenal blu-ray as well...one of the BEST.
                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• The Running Man is great in theory and horrible in execution. SMASH T.V. is better. haha.
                  "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Smash T.V did it better and it didn't make ya feel gross like Manhunt.

But no one does "I'd buy that for a dollar" better than Robocop.
                    Last edited by Ed Hocken; 12-21-2010, 12:59 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                      HATED 'The Running Man' for two reasons:
                      1. The incredibly cheap looking production design. It looked dated and awful when I originally saw the movie in the theater.
                      2. The book that it's based on is SOOOO much better than what we got for a film.

I also had issues with Fireball. He's lame. Everyone else has a look and a gimmick...all that he is is a man with a flamethrower. Weak.
                      Of all the slayers you had a problem with, Fireball was the one?

Not this fucking clown?
                      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• You got something against fat guys singing opera?

Besides, for all of its flaws, Running Man is WAY better than Gamer.

Richard Dawson > Michael C. Hall
                        Last edited by Ed Hocken; 12-21-2010, 05:35 PM.

Comment

• 'Leap Year' with Amy Adams and Ozymandius.

Thoroughly predictable rom-com. I didn't HATE it, but it's not a film that I ever EVER want to see again. Amy Adams is annoying as hell in it...I thought that Ozy would be the weak link but it's actually her. She's shrill and unrealistic...a cartoon parody of a real female. She gets better as the film goes along but she's still not believable for one second. The only real reason to ever watch this film is Ireland itself. The film makes great use of the scenery and you'll want to visit there once the movie ends.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                            Amy Adams is annoying as hell in it...I thought that Ozy would be the weak link but it's actually her. She's shrill and unrealistic...a cartoon parody of a real female. She gets better as the film goes along but she's still not believable for one second.
                            I really can't stand her for exactly that reason. She's just this parody of the uber-feminine, helpless female in every single movie. I mean, I get that she needed to do that for "Enchanted", but give it a rest, lady. I did like her very much in "Drop Dead Gorgeous", but that's because you got the parody of her character.
                            2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• Yeah, she's kinda on my AVOID ANY FILM WITH HER IN IT list now.

Comment

• Amy Adams was fucking great in Enchanted and is supposed to be great in The Fighter as well. Haters be hatin.

Also, GAMER >>>>> The Running Man
                                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Working...
                                X