Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh, all things Phat have been here for some time, Ed. I won't attempt to deny it's hilarious because that's physically impossible; the conviction with which these people embrace it is quite staggering.
    "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• Fuckin' A, Bobby. Fuckin' A.
      "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• On Netflix, they called it Let Sleeping Corpses Lie, but the title when it started was The Living Dead at the Manchester Morgue.

Either way, this was a fucking awesome flick from the seventies about the dead comin' back by way of a microwave emitter (a rural agricultural council did it first, Ra's).

The mechanics of how the dead return, how their eyes look, and the way blood becomes a sort of carrier of the virus conjures immediate images of 28 Days Later. Only these bastards don't run like Chev Chelios, they have kung-fu grips.

It's weird, fun, and pretty gory at times. And it has some great photography of the English countryside if you're into that sort of thing.
        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• The Lives of Others.

So, so good. I'd seen it once before and declared it one of the best of the decade. Now that decade has ended, I feel pretty comfortable saying its top 10 material easily. Not a foot put wrong, great scene after great scene, unflashy direction and excellent performances. And that's without even going into the layers the story and its meanings - artistically, culturally and socially - have. Glorious.

ETA: If you wondered how a foreign language film could have beaten Pan's Labyrinth at the Oscars without the Academy being on crack, this film proves they got it 100% right.
          I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Best Buy had Daybreakers and American Werewolf in Paris for $12 each on BD. Going to get into those tomorrow.

Comment

• Nice choices! Let me know what you think of Daybreakers, Billy. We really liked it a lot. It takes some liberties with vampire lore, but most vampire flicks do these days. And of course, American Werewolf in London goes without saying - classic greatness!
              2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• Just realized I wrote Paris. Hey Billy. Yes? Stay off that shit.

Comment

• Oh, wait - did I misread what you wrote? Did you get AWIL or AWIP? Never saw the Paris one.
                  2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

Comment

• I bought London. I have no idea why I wrote Paris.

I watched Daybreakers. Awesome movie to compliment a plate of bacon and fried eggs. Really liked it a lot. Making the classes out of vampires, and the chain gang executions of the subsiders were cool ideas. Dafoe read my mind when they were in one of those generic near future homes that looks like a sterile museum when he said "this is one ugly fucking house." Overall, really fucking good movie. Incredible gore as well.

Comment

• The blood bukkake scene toward the end was a thing of beauty.
                      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Glad to hear you liked it too! We really thought it was cool they way they did it.

Comment

• Saw two films:

The Runaways

Very "Paint by Numbers" music biopic, pretty forgetable. The highlight was Dakota Fanning as Cherie Currie, Kristen Stewart was all haircut. Part of me wanted to see the scene where Steve Jones nailed Joan Jett in a bathroom. Sadly didn't happen.

The Two Escobars

Not since "Hearts and Minds" and "Cocaine Cowboys", have I seen such a spectacular documentary that examines both Pablo Escobar and Columbia's National Soccer team in the 1994 World Cup. This documentary is on dvd but you can somehow catch it in the theaters right now.

Comment

• That was on espn last week I think.

Comment

• I've heard that is the best one of the "30 for 30" series. I can believe it.

Comment

• You gotta see My Trip to Al-Qaeda.

This link wont last long... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kchpZXpylX0

Comment

Working...
                                X