Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
    Is that on Netflix?
    It is.
    Originally posted by Ari
    The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Originally posted by Nathan View Post
      Never saw it all the way through. The transformation scene is brutal. Rottijng Griffin is gnarly too. That movue always freaked me way out as a kid.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
      It's the film that turned me from Monster Kid to full blown Horror fan and connoisseur. Freaked me out as a kid (bailed after the Nazi Monster home invasion hallucination), but a year later, a behind-the-scenes special and a rewatch on HBO, and I emerged transformed.

Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
      Landis' masterpiece. Not a single false note on display.

God do I wish someone would find the original Bums scene.
      Same here! Total agreement, this flick is Landis' best work, and with a track record including Animal House, Blues Brothers, Trading Places, etc. that says something.

Comment

• You know... I love me some Landis but always found Blues Brothers to be a mess.
        Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• It stumbles a bit in the run up to the big concert (needed another song or two from the Blues Brothers at that point, in addition to Everybody Needs Someone to Love), but it recovers in time for the big chase scene finale.

Comment

• This is where I admit to pretty much hating THE BLUES BROTHERS for being an indulgent mess with some great songs to it.
            Originally posted by Martin
            Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
            Originally posted by gravedigger
            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
            Originally posted by Martin
            And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
            Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Some brilliant musical numbers (and I am not a musicals kinda film nerd) and gags. To this day, my old man still reveres the "We have both kinds of music - country and western!" line. But yeah... it's just... a mess.

Hell the off-screen cocaine usage seems to have fueled the meshing of Hollywood musical, car crashes/stunt work and Landis' already signature humor.
              Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• Personally, can't stand nor do I find The Blues Brothers funny. At all. In any capacity.
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Great parts. So bloated. Michael Caine.

Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                  Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                  POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• You guys are on notice for the BLUES BROTHERS hate.

Comment

• I love it despite its faults.

Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                      Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                      POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• I don't care for Blues Brothers. In high school there was a kid in a couple classes that was OBSESSED with Blues Brothers. Wore t-shirts with them all the time, and dressed like them for pictures, Halloween, and dances. AND CARRIED THE SCRIPT AROUND WITH HIM AT ALL TIMES. Dude was weird.

Comment

• M'lady.
                          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• hahahahah.
                            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
                              M'lady.
                              He totally wore a fucking fedora back in 1996. Dude was well ahead of the times.

Comment

• THE BAD BATCH- Ana Lily Amirpour is a filmmaker with a strong vision. I'm just not sure I'm into that vision. I don't think you can argue against her films being well made but they're not super interesting. I think A GIRL WALKS HOME ALONE AT NIGHT was better. This one was just okay. The soundtrack was rather good, at least.

Comment

Working...
                                X