Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I like how I'm not secure enough in my love for girl-shows that I can't just get them all from Netflix. No, I have to throw Point Blank or The Limey or Blood Simple in there, too, so I don't feel bad. Thanks, Gossip Girl.

(I know what you're thinking. But Leighton Meester is smoking. Ed Westwick is hilarious. The dad is Speers from Band of Brothers, which means I'm always waiting for him to mow down some prep school kids. And it's set in New York, and they shoot there. I'm a big home team guy. And because I'm trying to get a job on it.*)

*Also Boardwalk Empire, which I think has to do with the above female-male thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by BudLeonard View Post
      I like how I'm not secure enough in my love for girl-shows that I can't just get them all from Netflix. No, I have to throw Point Blank or The Limey or Blood Simple in there, too, so I don't feel bad. Thanks, Gossip Girl.

(I know what you're thinking. But Leighton Meester is smoking. Ed Westwick is hilarious. The dad is Speers from Band of Brothers, which means I'm always waiting for him to mow down some prep school kids. And it's set in New York, and they shoot there. I'm a big home team guy. And because I'm trying to get a job on it.*)

*Also Boardwalk Empire, which I think has to do with the above female-male thing.
      I watch One Tree Hill and have seen every ep of Dawson's Creek. You sir are A-ok in my book. Who gives a shit what random netflix employee #23 thinks.

EDIT: Just watche the Soloist with RDJ and Jamie Foxx, actually better than I thought it would be and an ending that is not all wrapped up in a neat bow. Homeless people who are schizo don't just instantly get well and find a job etc... and this movie does not lie to you about that. Good work by RDJ as always.
      Last edited by B_Metal; 09-03-2009, 12:12 AM.
      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• I'd love to work on Boardwalk Empire. But more importantly I never got arround to trying an episode of Gossip Girl. Never went for those shows. I did watch a british show about teens called Skins, which is interesting. But, the two series I did watch feature a character so unlikeable that it makes you mad. You may want to give it a shot, Bud. I don't know.

As for movies, I started watching an Aussie coming of age movie involving surfers called Newcastle. Not bad, I plan on finishing it tonight.

Although if there's one thing I notice about surfers, you never see one who has a vision problem. All the more reason why you'll never see me out there.
        "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• There are so many good shows filming or starting to film in New York right now, I would be happy to get a job on any of them. Boardwalk, Gossip, 30 Rock, Damages in the winter/spring, and the one grudge I have against Mad Men is they don't film in NY.

Comment

• The beauty of runaway production. Although filming still does go on in this town.

Comment

• Total Recall.

Still love the fuck out of this movie and think it's hilarious how different it is from the PKD story. Either way, 3 titted hookers, Sam Fisher and Bugeye Ahnold make this movie great.
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Probably Arnold's best film outside of T2. Plus, I actually met the guy who played the doctor at Recall, yes he was eating.

Plus Robert "Harvey Bullock" Costanzo as Quaid's friend in the beginning.

Comment

• The PKD short story is pretty damn good, but I really do admire the way that they expanded on it to create 'Total Recall'. I love the endless 'did it happen or not' debate that this movie created.
                  Originally posted by Martin
                  Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                  Originally posted by gravedigger
                  Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                  And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                  Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• I thought the set up was that Verhoven interspaced the scenes. One scene could mean it's a dream, the other it's not. So there's no way you can say for certain that it's either.

Comment

• Originally posted by EdHocken View Post
                      I thought the set up was that Verhoven interspaced the scenes. One scene could mean it's a dream, the other it's not. So there's no way you can say for certain that it's either.
                      exactly.
                      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                      Originally posted by gravedigger
                      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Disc 1 of the original UK Life on Mars (Fuck the American remake), Gene Hunt is a goddamn pimp!

Comment

• Rambo: First Blood part 2 on blu. Looked fucking great (seriously, the Rambo flicks look amazing in blu), and I haven't seen this since I was a kid. As an 80's action flick, it's pretty fucking great. SOOOO AMURIKAN! Not as good as RAMBO or even remotely as great as First Blood, but for 10 bucks it was totally worth it.
                          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by EdHocken View Post
                            Disc 1 of the original UK Life on Mars (Fuck the American remake), Gene Hunt is a goddamn pimp!
                            Is this out in region 1 yet?

Oh, and I have Adventureland, State of Play, and Sunshine Cleaning waiting for me at home. Kristin Stewart, Rachel McAdams, Emily Blunt = epic win

And after reading Ebert's review, I kind of want to see My One and Only, about George Hamilton as a kid. There's a scene he describes with David Koechner that sounds great.
                            Last edited by BudLeonard; 09-05-2009, 08:16 AM.

Comment

• We watched Speed last night. It was pretty entertaining as I haven't seen that movie for a long time. Remember the VHS days? Yeah, that's when I last watched it. Pop quiz hot shot.... shoot the hostage.
                              If I were Shé, do you think I'd be operating a taco truck? Shé brings hope. Shé rights the wrongs. Unfortunately, Shé is a myth.

Comment

• Bud, it is. There finally is a US release of Life on Mars (UK). I had no problem getting it from Netflix.

Currently re-watching One Hour Photo. First movie I saw in college. Williams is fantastic, but the movie is by no means perfect. Very good thriller. Shame Mark Romanek pretty much fucked his career.

Comment

Working...
                                X