Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One Hour Photo was one of the first movies I saw in college, too! Such a sad, fucked up little movie. There are moments in that which resonate so strongly with me I can't bring myself to watch it again.

Comment

• I love the cinematography in that movie with the blue, yellow, and green tints. Reminds me of a Mann flick. The score is great, too.

Comment

• The moment when he pulls out the book to form some kind, any kind, of connection with another human being is like a knife to my heart, all these years later.

Comment

• I used to have some ambiguity about the ending. But after watching it today, it's pretty damn clear its in his head.
          "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• What is in his head? The kid being molested or the fact that he thinks the kid is being molested as a result of his own experience as a molested kid?

Comment

• The final image is in his head. The story he tells the cop about the molestation is related to him and real. But where would you get the idea that the Yorkin kid was being molested?
              "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• I quite enjoyed Russell Crowe's impression of David Simon in State of Play. And the movie that surrounded it.

Comment

• Know1ng.

I know I'll get flak, but I kinda dug the fuck outta this movie. Proyas sure does love his albino men in black motif, and Cage overacts like usual, but the idea was pretty awesome. Reminded me of a pulpy sci-fi novel. And I know it got shunned, but the ending was fucking great IMO.
                  "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Knowing is still garbage.

Watched Mad Monster Party earlier. Now, I'm watching Stir Crazy.
                    My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Your head will explode if you listen to the new cast then.

But I still dug Knowing. The disc looked amazing, and the story was neat. But I can see how most people fucking hate it. It's cool.
                      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob View Post
                        Your head will explode if you listen to the new cast then.

But I still dug Knowing. The disc looked amazing, and the story was neat. But I can see how most people fucking hate it. It's cool.

Did Knowing become the new Hackers for you people?
                        My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

• Fuck no. I watched it after we recorded. I'm just saying, if you think Knowing is garbage and I dig it, the comments on the podcast will make your head go ASPLODE.

Comment

Fuck no. I watched it after we recorded. I'm just saying, if you think Knowing is garbage and I dig it, the comments on the podcast will make your head go ASPLODE.

Did you shittalk Blues Brothers a little? I probably won't listen to the Podcaust until tomorrow.

Comment

• Oh, I did. But I was honest. I'm not saying I'm right (as it's an opinion) but I talked about what I dug and what I didn't. You just may love Ceej more after this episode now haha.

Comment

Oh, I did. But I was honest. I'm not saying I'm right (as it's an opinion) but I talked about what I dug and what I didn't. You just may love Ceej more after this episode now haha.

I don't think I can love Ceej. Everytime I begin to like him, he gets lippy. I look upon him as I do a gypsy.

Comment

Working...
                                X