Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I remember hearing that the third movie was supposed to be about Tom Hagen.

What in the hell happened?
    Last edited by Ed Hocken; 10-08-2010, 10:23 AM.
    "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• It was supposed to be called The Death of Michael Corleone.
      Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
      Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
      POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• From what I understand, Duvall and Coppola got into a dispute about money. Duvall wanted a lot more than what Coppola was offering, and they had a bad falling out over the issue. As such, Coppola wrote Hayden out with a vengeance.
        Originally posted by Martin
        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
        Originally posted by gravedigger
        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by I_Cassini View Post
          I finally watched Godfather III. UGH!!!! I had never seen 3 so I rewatched 1 and 2 so I would have the story back in my head before I watched 3. 1 and 2- fantastic. III, however, excruciating to get through.
          I told you!

Who told you? I TOLD YOU.

I've only ever seen III one time, but the silent scream, and Sofia Coppala's death scene? HIIIIILARITY!

And I do have to say, the one part of the plotline that bugged the shit out of me was Andy Garcia's character - the long-lost illegitimate son of that time that Sonny Corleone fucked Lucy Mancini. Really? Really?! So, all through the rest of The Godfather and Godfather II, we're supposed to believe that Lucy Mancini - such a good friend to Connie Corleone that she was one of her bridesmaids - was never heard or seen from again, especially for the nine months that she carried Sonny's baby. Sonny, who was gunned down approximately a year after the wedding, so we'd have known about a kid.

I mean, I just fucking hated that - it's such a soap-opera way of introducing a character. "Oh, you mean you didn't know about that long lost secret illegitmate baby? Yeah, we'll here he is - we kept him a secret for all these years." I mean, this is "The Godfather", not "General Hospital". Does he have an evil twin, too?
          2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• Gotta go with the masses on this one. Godfathers 1 and 2? Classics. Just great, great films with great performances, character development, etc.

Godfather 3? Um.... Bridget Fonda shows up for a bit! After that...

Yeah, I'm with Luca on this one.

Comment

• the only good scene in GF3 is Michael's confession. It's done right and is one of the few moments where Pacino remembers how he played Michael in the previous two movies.
              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• The Godfather is easily the epicenter of my love of film, and holds a very dear spot in my heart. The Godfather II as well. But, Godfather III...well I just don't think it's the horrible horrible tragedy that most do. I think 90% of my issues with the film are rooted in Sofia Coppola's absolute tragic performance.

Sofa Coppola:Francis Ford Coppola::Shelly Duvall:Stanley Kubrick

It would have also been nice if Robert Duvall didn't overestimate his worth, and think he was the draw to the previous two films. Sorry my wop mick friend, you're great, but not the box office draw there.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                  Sorry my kraut mick friend, you're great, but not the box office draw there.
                  Fixed that for ya, Billdozer!

Comment

• I wish I still had the issue of Empire where they looked back at how great the first 2 Godfather films are, with a sidebar stating 20 reasons why Godfather III is shit.

There was a great side by side of Duvall and Hamilton with a really witty caption, the exact wording of which escapes me, but you get the picture.
                    I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• I'm not 100% sure, but I THINK that Duvall was a bigger 'star' at that point than either Pacino or Keaton, both of whom had had several dry career years. I don't blame Duvall for wanting a bigger piece of the pie.

Comment

• At the time of The Godfather and Godfather Part II? I can believe that.

Pacino was an up and coming actor back then.

Comment

• Keaton too. I think Duvall had a few more films under his belt at that time.
                          2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• I think prior to The Godfather Pacino's only other movie was Panic in Needle Park. He really was a unknown actor at the time.

Comment

• I'm talking about 'GF3'. Without consulting IMDB, I'm pretty sure that Duvall's star was BIGGER than Keaton's or Pacino's at that point.

Comment

• I'd say that's right. Though Pacino had just had a big hit (his first for a while) with Sea of Love. Certainly Keaton hadn't had a significant hit since Baby Boom.
                                I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

Working...
                                X