Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Street Fighter is enjoyable because of the hilarity and how over the top Raul Juila is. Juila brings shit to the table. There's none of that shit in GI JOE, with somewhat of an exception to Gordon-Levitt and maybe Eccleston. Otherwise, the movie looked cheap and ugly. And if that was intentional, fine. But don't spend $200+ mil and this is what you get. Holy christ...

And as for two chicks fighting each other. Oh wow, whoop dee fuckin doo. Unless there's tits, no reason to get excited.
    "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Originally posted by EdHocken View Post
      But basically GI JOE = LXG in terms of quality. You heard me.

Also, LXG was based on a pretty decent comic and FAILED FUCKING HARD.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Street Fighter is enjoyable because of the hilarity and how over the top Raul Juila is. Juila brings shit to the table. There's none of that shit in GI JOE, with somewhat of an exception to Gordon-Levitt and maybe Eccleston. Otherwise, the movie looked cheap and ugly.
        I don't agree with anything but how over the top Julia was. Gordon-Levitt was a fucking non entity in this. Showing an eye for the whole movie doesn't do anything. And Eccleston plays the same fucking character in everything. At least he was over the top in Gone in 60 secs. The didn't become awesome until the end.

And as for two chicks fighting each other. Oh wow, whoop dee fuckin doo. Unless there's tits, no reason to get excited.
        You're gay. I wouldn't expect you to understand.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• And it most certainly did, but in terms of a movie. I'd say GI JOE is right around the quality of LXG.

And as for chicks fighting, I do understand. But it's been done so many times before, it's just so boring. It just becomes noise. Which is a big problem with action movies in general.

Comment

• Yes. How dare an action movie have action in it. I wanted The Baroness and Scarlett to battle over a nice cup of tea.

Comment

• Everybody seems to have the same argument when they trash this film.. "it's all effects and no brains or dramatic undertones". OK, that is true, but then again what kind of movie were these people actually expecting to see? Huh?!

G.I. Joe is as pure as an action film can possibly be and most importantly, it doesn't pretend to be anything else. Look at the poster. Check out the trailer. After those, were you perhaps waiting to see an Ingmar Bergman film? IT'S G.I. JOE, for Christ's sake! And I must say that in it's category, it isn't that bad. Sommers can direct good action sequences (the pursuit on the streets of Paris is stunning!) and although the film is obviously overblown with ridiculous gadgets and over the top plot lines, it doesn't matter because Joe succeeds in it's ONLY primary mission: to be entertaining. It's never boring and it's the silly fun it was always going to be.

If you want a serious film to watch, check out There Will Be Blood or Doubt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fej View Post
                Everybody seems to have the same argument when they trash this film.. "it's all effects and no brains or dramatic undertones". OK, that is true, but then again what kind of movie were these people actually expecting to see? Huh?!

G.I. Joe is as pure as an action film can possibly be and most importantly, it doesn't pretend to be anything else. Look at the poster. Check out the trailer. After those, were you perhaps waiting to see an Ingmar Bergman film? IT'S G.I. JOE, for Christ's sake! And I must say that in it's category, it isn't that bad. Sommers can direct good action sequences (the pursuit on the streets of Paris is stunning!) and although the film is obviously overblown with ridiculous gadgets and over the top plot lines, it doesn't matter because Joe succeeds in it's ONLY primary mission: to be entertaining. It's never boring and it's the silly fun it was always going to be.

If you want a serious film to watch, check out There Will Be Blood or Doubt.

Comment

• It has nothing to do with the fact there's "action" in it. It has to do with the fact if the stuff they do is either fresh or very freakin tired. Which is why Hot Fuzz was so awesome because it ran with those cliches and did something new with them.

I'm not even asking for serious shit. Star Trek was great in what it did. GI Joe seemed like a lead weight.

Comment

• Once again Ed, you're comparing apples and oranges.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob View Post
                      Yes. How dare an action movie have action in it. I wanted The Baroness and Scarlett to battle over a nice cup of tea, whilst naked and dangling their heaving breasts over my mouth.
                      Isn't this more what you wanted? Nothing wrong with that.
                      We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
                      - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• *dons Hazmat gear*

Hot Fuzz isn't that great. It's 30 mins too long at least.

Comment

• Oh now you're asking for it!

But basically, I can see why GI JOE is not good, I can see how you CAN enjoy it. But dammit, I can't even allow myself to do that because of how boring it really really was. I would have enjoyed it at 15...maybe.

And Howard, if the fight had that shit. Then I'd totally get it.

Comment

• Sorry. We haven't watched it since we bought it. And I'm the one that had Spaced on some shitty bootlegs years before it hit us here.

Comment

Oh now you're asking for it!

But basically, I can see why GI JOE is not good, I can see how you CAN enjoy it. But dammit, I can't even allow myself to do that because of how boring it really really was. I would have enjoyed it at 15...maybe.

And Howard, if the fight had that shit. Then I'd totally get it.

Boring is not the problem with the movie. You're the problem with the movie.

Comment

• Ed, you didn't have a childhood. You didn't play with toys. Why would you think you would have enjoyed it at a younger age?
                                The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

Working...
                                X