Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which was the plan to begin with
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
      I LOVED it until the scene with Dennis from Always Sunny and the hallway.

That one scene ruined the whole movie for me.
      That was my favorite scene.
      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Trejo View Post
        Almost? TGTBTW is fantastic. Storm Shadow himself Byung-hun Lee and Kang-ho Song stole cinema that year for me.. but I love gunplay heavy Westerns. Last Stand was entertaining but definitely lesser Arnie

Finally watched the Evil Dead reboot. Mehhh. Pretty graphic, but the lack of personality in the deadites show why the originals work so much better (among many other things). Apart from Mia they were pretty much zombies with weapons. And I don't understand the ending, [INSERT SPOILER HERE] What??
        Oh it doesn't die NEARLY as easily. It gets END BOSS death.
        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
          That was my favorite scene.

For me it was the one scene that took me completely out of the movie.
            Spoiler: spoilers 
          I call bullshit that neither Liv nor her man would not hear him and/or know it wasn't the killers.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
            Oh it doesn't die NEARLY as easily. It gets END BOSS death.
            It died a glorious death, sure. But easily. How fast would it have been dispatched if the chainsaw was fueled from the start? It wouldn't have scratched her. The biggest threat it presented was stabbing a wall, slowly, before having its legs lopped off and crawling into aforementioned glorious death.

Like, the biggest demon baddie the necronomicon can product is a scrawny chick with a knife? Okay bro. How was it ANY different than the deadites that were already killed? If Mia had the shotgun she would have put it away while it was still coming out of the ground.

Failz
            XBL/PSN/Steam Gamertag - CalgaryRonin

Comment

• The subtext there is it is her demons, her facing her demons, and it looking sort of like her is more than just a coincidence. It was bad Ash. I mean, what the fuck else would it have been?

I accepted it. I enjoyed it. It was a fun time. Not everything has to be the same as what came before it. It forged its own identity while paying enough homage to the original that I didn't have the sort of hang-ups a lot of people did regarding the characters/demons/characters as demons.
              Me quick one want slow

Comment

For me it was the one scene that took me completely out of the movie.
                  Spoiler: spoilers 
                I call bullshit that neither Liv nor her man would not hear him and/or know it wasn't the killers.
                I don't recall his reason for returning, but weirder shit has happened before.
                Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I mean, I get the logic there, fighting her addiction demons while literally fighting her demon, but unless the book was some kind of prophecy she was meant to fulfill then there was always a drawing of that creature and inscription that says "when enough souls are taken the sky will rain blood and THIS will show up and fuck everything up". She was already seeing this thing the whole movie as personification of the evil force in the woods, that would have worked enough for the subtext for me without actually being the thing she fights at the end. I guess I just expect more from an end boss?

TBH I don't have any hang-ups, I enjoy the originals but don't put them on a pedestal like some horror fans, far from what I would call a favorite, and I respect the reboot for doing its own thing. I didn't want a remake, an Ash, laughing deer heads.. aping Raimi's style would have been worse. I'm just saying by taking that out and replacing it with.. zombies with shanks it became sort of pedestrian. Gallons of blood be damned.

My opinion only
                  Last edited by Trejo; 01-14-2014, 05:45 PM.

Comment

• After reading these posts I now feel the need to rewatch this movie. I can see both of your sides and I'm finding myself agreeing at the moment with both of you. THIS SHALL NOT STAND.

Comment

• I feel ya Trejo.
                      Me quick one want slow

Comment

After reading these posts I now feel the need to rewatch this movie. I can see both of your sides and I'm finding myself agreeing at the moment with both of you. THIS SHALL NOT STAND.

Yeah. I liked it, but i didn't love it. I can see all points raised here, although my literal ass totally missed the subtext Russ points out. And I am NOT a fan of the originals. At all. Saw them once in the 80's & had no desire to see them again. This was practically virgin territory for me.
                        I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• I dunno I thought Evil Dead was the best horror movie since Drag Me To Hell.

Comment

• So did Ali Lohman just drop off the face of the earth to have Neveldine's spawn or will she come back one day?
                            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                              I dunno I thought Evil Dead was the best horror movie since Drag Me To Hell.
                              IMO, that honor goes to Cabin in the Woods.
                              I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Cabin was sublime, as was Drag Me to Hell (crushed SERIOUSLY hard on Lohman during that), I would also throw Trick R Treat into that mix of really FUN horror

I purchased Evil Dead on bluray for this viewing so I'll definitely give it another spin and see if my opinion changes, often does, on 2nd viewing, once I can watch it without.. Expectation I guess you could say. The gore was super gnarly, was just hoping to take more away from it that just that. <3 ya Cap'n
                                Last edited by Trejo; 01-15-2014, 12:21 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X