Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good to know.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
      Holy shit, can't stop laughing at Trejo's avatar.
      Same.
      I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trejo View Post
        YOU'RE NEXT - Crushed on Aussie girl.
        Reason enough for a viewing righ there. I'm sold!
        I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Dallas Buyer's Club.

A lot of the usual "myopic asshole becomes less of a myopic asshole" tropes appear, but are quickly thrown out or are pushed so far from view no one ends up giving a shit because the characters are well drawn and are driven by the performances of Mac and Jerry.

It's the first time I actually engaged with a Leto performance. He's really good here, which was a surprise.

Mac's greatness hits its apex here and on True Detective (though the flashes were showing for a while but now it is in full swing). And from fucking Wooderson, man. Who knew?
          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
            Dallas Buyer's Club.

A lot of the usual "myopic asshole becomes less of a myopic asshole" tropes appear, but are quickly thrown out or are pushed so far from view no one ends up giving a shit because the characters are well drawn and are driven by the performances of Mac and Jerry.

It's the first time I actually engaged with a Leto performance. He's really good here, which was a surprise.

Mac's greatness hits its apex here and on True Detective (though the flashes were showing for a while but now it is in full swing). And from fucking Wooderson, man. Who knew?
            First thing Friday night I'm watching this. Glad to hear.
            "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
              Dallas Buyer's Club.

Jean-Marc Vallee's first movie, C.R.A.Z.Y, is also a masterpiece. Add him to Mac and Leto and its a must see for me.
              BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Machete Kills.

Really enjoyed it. Loved everything that had to do with Walt Goggins.
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• PAIN AND GAIN- the Rock is excellent it the movie is not greater than the sum of its parts. It was entertaining but missing something. And, yeah, I know it's good times to bag on Bay for being a shitty director but usually he can do a good job with action. Not this time, though. I think maybe he did some of that coke The Rock was using, watched the CRANK movies at 3 AM, then went directly to the set.

Comment

• It's missing anything remotely close to a point. It tries to comment on the behavior of these horrid fucking people with comedic gags that are Jeff Dunham funny.

Bag on him because he sucks and deserves it.
                    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Yeah, the whole point seems to be (and it's reiterated with the title card late in the movie) "this shit is true. Can you believe it?" I think maybe the point was "hey, we want to party in Miami for a couple months".

Comment

• Wolf of Wall Street is what Pain and Gain thinks it is.

I like all the principles in Pain and Gain and I was pulling for Bay to deliver a super-black comedy and move into a new phase of his career. But I just found it so hateful and base, not to mention structurally disjointed, that I switched off about halfway through. I will go back at some point (probably), but I can't say its a particularly enticing prospect.
                        I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• BASEketball. Haven't checked this out in years. Still totally cracks me up.

The locker scene is one of the best gags of all time. Still lose my shit everytime.

I wish Dian Bachar got more work. He's my favorite part of the film.

Comment

• I saw Squeak's doppelgänger today at the gym.

He did not have his seven foot tall girlmanfriend with him.
                            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Robot and Frank

Did NOT expect that. Such a gentle, beautifully designed film that then somehow delivers a surprisingly moving whammy towards the end. Its not doing anything particularly new, it's just doing it so well. Langella is awesome in this, as is Sarsgaard as the voice of Robot. Really shocked at how effective and gorgeous this was. Would make a good companion to Safety Not Guaranteed.

Comment

• Django Unchained. Still pretty sure this is my favorite Quentin.

Comment

Working...
                                X