Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IggytheBorg View Post
    IMO, that honor goes to Cabin in the Woods.
    Bingo.
    I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Cabin is runner up.

Comment

• I remember being so goddamn disappointed in Drag Me To Hell.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
          So did Ali Lohman just drop off the face of the earth to have Neveldine's spawn or will she come back one day?
          Wow, I haven't thought about her in forever.

I didn't know she had a kid with the co-genius behind Neveldine.
          My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
            I remember being so goddamn disappointed in Drag Me To Hell.
            wut n da fuk

Comment

• I even bought it to give it a few more tries and I still have yet to understand the love for it. I don't find it terrible but I find it so middleground. It felt like Sam trying to recapture the spirit of his younger days but not quite getting there.

That being said, I did love the ending.
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                I even bought it to give it a few more tries and I still have yet to understand the love for it. I don't find it terrible but I find it so middleground. It felt like Sam trying to recapture the spirit of his younger days but not quite getting there.

That being said, I did love the ending.
                You shame this house with such words (except for those last few).

It felt like a straight up EC comic come to life. I was in love as soon as the gypo went loco.
                Me quick one want slow

Comment

• It's been a long time since I gave it a go. I'll try again this weekend.

Comment

• I love Drag Me to Hell. I can see it's shortcomings, but by and large its awesome fun. And yep, LOVE the ending.
                    I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Oh, and I just saw Wolf of Wall Street.

I just don't know how Scorsese does it. Amazing film. Leo, McConaughey and Kyle Chandler were all awesome. Rob Reiner, who I didn't even know was in this, was surprisingly great too. I definitely preferred the first half - that's not saying anything against the rest of it, I just sat with a constant smile on my face for the entire first 90 minutes. I think there are a couple of sequences that do run a little long in the final third, but the final few moments were great. Any suggestion of negativity is nitpicking. This trounces American Hustle in terms of balls, aggression and sheer manic, energetic filmmaking and I wouldn't mind seeing Scorsese pick up the directing Oscar again. It will never happen with a film this debaucherous and morally shady, but I'll be shocked if I see a more exciting film this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
                        I love Drag Me to Hell. I can see it's shortcomings, but by and large its awesome fun. And yep, LOVE the ending.
                        This.

Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
                        Oh, and I just saw Wolf of Wall Street.

I just don't know how Scorsese does it. Amazing film. Leo, McConaughey and Kyle Chandler were all awesome. Rob Reiner, who I didn't even know was in this, was surprisingly great too. I definitely preferred the first half - that's not saying anything against the rest of it, I just sat with a constant smile on my face for the entire first 90 minutes. I think there are a couple of sequences that do run a little long in the final third, but the final few moments were great. Any suggestion of negativity is nitpicking. This trounces American Hustle in terms of balls, aggression and sheer manic, energetic filmmaking and I wouldn't mind seeing Scorsese pick up the directing Oscar again. It will never happen with a film this debaucherous and morally shady, but I'll be shocked if I see a more exciting film this year.
                        That. Favorite of 2013.
                        BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• The only flaw in Drag Me To Hell is there wasn't more goat.

Comment

• Three day weekend so I'm going to give the first Hobbit movie a shot. It should take me up to Tuesday morning to watch it, right? #lol #jokes #timely #original

Comment

• It's not really good. Nor bad. Just unnecessary.
                              BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Follow it up with the current one in theaters and you'll be happy.

Saw HER yesterday with the wife. Excellent and surprisingly funny as hell. The 'choke me with the dead cat by the bed' scene had my entire theater in hysterics. I loved how the film and the characters in it didn't mock his relationship with Samantha. That would have been the easy route, but the film went so far beyond that to actually make an intelligent statement about emotional connections that I was legitimately moved. Good film.

Might go see JACK RYAN: SR today.
                                Originally posted by Martin
                                Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                                Originally posted by gravedigger
                                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                                Originally posted by Martin
                                And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                                Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

Working...
                                X