Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Near Dark

Still a favorite. I remember showing this to my niece when she was like 13 and she had nightmares for a week. My sister was pissed. Bill Paxton is as always a fucking delight in this. "Wooooo shitkicker heaven!"

Comment

• Homer is the only weak link.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Cabin in the Woods

Still rock fucking solid.
        BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Really, really liked the new HELLRAISER. Going into it, I was cautiously optimistic on the new Pinhead but I was concerned...not a problem, I was completely won over by the end of the film. The way she purrs her lines works amazingly.

Also, the puzzle box in this is wicked effing cool.
          Originally posted by Martin
          Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
          Originally posted by gravedigger
          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
          And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
          Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Clayton was great in the (sadistically underrated) Sens8.

So, as the new Pinhead, genderless like the book?

Fuck yeah!

Totally looking forward to this.

Comment

• Very gender fluid overall for the cenobites. One is more obviously female but the others, including 'Pinhead', are very neutral.
              There are a lot of really interesting ideas introduced in the new HELLRAISER that I hope we see expanded upon in subsequent films (like the idea of trapping cenobites, the different boons offered based on the box configurations, etc).

And seriously, the box in this is wicked fucking cool. My wife ended up watching the film with me (she came in about 20 minutes into it and got involved and finished it with me) and she repeatedly noted just how cool the box is. Also, the main house that appears at the beginning of the film and then later on has some really cool stuff going on with it that I'll stay spoiler free about. Amazingly, she liked the film a lot too.
              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• We watched the new Hellraiser as well, and it is absolutely rock solid. Agreed about the box being cool as hell. We were loving it, and the crazy window designs in the roof of the mansion with how it shifted and changed as well.

Bodies Bodies Bodies - Not at all what I expected. Don't know if I will need to revisit this one, but it's pretty good and definitely deserves to be seen without knowing too much. The final scene/reveal is pretty great. Lee Pace is having the time of his life in this role too.

Comment

• re: Hellraiser. It was meh 30 mins too long. And the fact they kept showing the cenobites in almost full light the whole time annoyed me. There is something to be said about keeping shit in the dark. Didn't hate it, liked it more than the original, and it obviously sets this up for more depending on the numbers. The box was totally awesome, but saw that ending coming a mile away.

The best part for me was the stuff with the nerve endings. That shit was rock solid. Otherwise I'll never watch this again.

The Rental : Firmly cemented my unwillingness to rent an AirBnB. Not bad for it what was. I will say this though, it stuck the landing.
                    Spoiler: massive end spoilers 
                  I thought for sure they way they were setting up the girlfriend as a genius/programmer was going to come into play at the end so I was pleasently surprised that NOPE, she dead, killer gets away, keeps doing what they do.
                  I feel like we would have gotten a different ending if this was theatrical. It felt like one step away from some jackass in a focus group complaining and I was glad if that did happen, that they didn't listen to himl.
                  Last edited by Abraham Smashington; 10-13-2022, 06:44 AM.
                  "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Prince of Darkness - I've never seen this or In The Mouth of Madness, so I resolved to fix that. This is...a weird movie. Anti-god. Distilled Satan. Jesus was an alien? Man I don't know. It's worth seeing once, but I don't think I will be going back to this one.

Comment

• The sum is lesser than its parts. Still one of my favorite of he and Howarth's scores though.
                      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• It does have a large quantity of Peter Jason, which goes a long way.

Comment

• you'll dig IN THE MOUTH OF MADNESS. That one feels like a complete movie whereas PRINCE OF DARKNESS feels like a first draft...it's missing some story elements to bring it all together.

Comment

• What Matt said. Mouth is fucking amazing. One of my favorite horror flicks of all time.

Night 10 of 31 Days of Halloween Movie Marathon still going strong - UMMA

yeah, this was not for me. Sandra Oh has mommy issues. Boo hoo. Slow as balls, and too fucking tame. 2.5 Grey's Anatomys out of 7 General Hospitals.

Comment

• Mouth of Madness is terrific.

Prince of Darkness has some amazing parts in it.

Most of all, the dream from the future sequence.

Comment

• Night 11 of our marathon - Little Evil. Billed as "The Omen meets Shaun of the Dead". Sure ok, if you mean "Little Demon Boy in a movie with a few quick cut sequences". Not the worst thing I've watched but completely forgettable. Adam Scott didn't save it, Clancy Brown didn't save it, it was too broad and 90% of the jokes were hacky. The adlibbing shit by Bridgett Everett was funny at first but her whole "I'm a butch lesbian who considers herself a step-dad" schtick was already hacky to begin with and by the end was just mehhhh.

Comment

Working...
                                X