Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
    Finally got around to seeing Trick r Treat (its instant streaming on Lovefilm). Its good. Not a classic like I had secretly hoped, but it makes the anthology structure work better than most attempts. Its certainly a fun, Tod Serling-esque time, I just didn't find it scary.
    Originally posted by Abe Smashington View Post
    Wasn't a fan of this past the Dylan Baker/Ceej story. Found it incredibly over-hyped and a huge let down honestly.
    I thought it was a massive disappointment. The only story I gave a monkey's about was the kids on the bus, but even that was more of a "best of a middling bunch" deal. Nice looking at times, though.
    "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• Black swan. Great movie. Fucked up. Never watch it again.
      Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
      Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
      POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Nathan View Post
        Black swan. Great movie. Fucked up. Never watch it again.
        Yeah, that was a one-and-done movie for me. I'll watch the Postman/Kunis scene again but that's it.
        Originally posted by Martin
        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
        Originally posted by gravedigger
        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
        Originally posted by Martin
        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Yeah, it was good, and it was interesting from the discussion point of "What did she imagine and what was real?", but I don't see any reason to watch it again.
          2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• Agree with all y'all on Black Swan. One and done, though a terrific job from all involved.

Kudos to you, Matt on The Crow love. Love the hell out of that flick, and the behind-the-scenes stuff with Brandon Lee is harrowing as hell, too. I've got an old Fangoria article from David J. Schow about what it was like working with Lee, and Lee's take on the character. Dam shame he died so young - he was well on his way to getting out of his dad's shadow and being the actor he dreamed of being.

Comment

• Red State - had I not know Smith was involved I think people would have dug it more. I enjoyed it and like others wished that the horns had been real as that would have been a crazy turn but as is I totally dug it. It's got it's flaws sure but it's worth the instant view.

Buried - For a flick that takes place all inside a coffin it's pretty damn tense and I also dug it, warts and all.

Pulling John - documentary about John Brzenk At first I was lulzing but by the end I was kind of caught up in the narrative the documentary puts forth so I'd say it was interesting. I could see Ceej and Rob doing a hilarious bit on this (well...IF Ceej ever actually watched it.) for a BDR ep.
              "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Speed Racer.

I shat technicolor.

Exceptionally well crafted and faithful to its roots. Brilliant comic-to-screen moments, a ridiculously great bad guy, and with a theme at its heart that the whole family can enjoy. Could have done without the chimp shit gag, but I'll take that stupid misfire if it means seeing that fight again.
                Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Love Speed Racer. Don't think I've watched it in a long while, need to rectify that.

Comment

• This could get ugly.

But I love Speed Racer too. Most amazing Blu I own.
                    I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• BURIED is so good. The end of that last phone call...man...

Comment

• Yeah, when he wrote that name down I knew it'd come back.
                        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• The Blob (1988), featuring Kevin Dillon looking more like Jim Morrison than Val Kilmer did when they were both in The Doors a few years later.

Just noticed that Erika Eleniak was Vicki (AKA the gal who turns into a Capri Sun pouch filled with Blob when her boyfriend tries to cop a feel in his car) - something I never noticed before, and I've been a fan of hers since her Playboy days and that girl-in-cake scene from Under Siege. Also had Julie McCullough, also from Playboy and Growing Pains (Kirk Cameron's an ass for getting her fired, BTW).

Pretty cool flick, and has one of the best, nastiest kid kills later in the flick. Iggy is probably all over that scene (I saw this flick when it first came out, at the Old Town & Country cinema on Rt. 9 in Howell, and the whole audience went DAMN! when the kid got sucked into the Blob. I remember a few folks were quietly chatting "I can't believe they killed the kid! Also, the power in the theater went out right when the Blob started attacking the movie theater in the film. CREEPY).

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
                            This could get ugly.

But I love Speed Racer too. Most amazing Blu I own.
                            Speed Racer is great.
                            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
                              The Blob (1988), featuring Kevin Dillon looking more like Jim Morrison than Val Kilmer did when they were both in The Doors a few years later.

Just noticed that Erika Eleniak was Vicki (AKA the gal who turns into a Capri Sun pouch filled with Blob when her boyfriend tries to cop a feel in his car) - something I never noticed before, and I've been a fan of hers since her Playboy days and that girl-in-cake scene from Under Siege. Also had Julie McCullough, also from Playboy and Growing Pains (Kirk Cameron's an ass for getting her fired, BTW).

Pretty cool flick, and has one of the best, nastiest kid kills later in the flick. Iggy is probably all over that scene (I saw this flick when it first came out, at the Old Town & Country cinema on Rt. 9 in Howell, and the whole audience went DAMN! when the kid got sucked into the Blob. I remember a few folks were quietly chatting "I can't believe they killed the kid! Also, the power in the theater went out right when the Blob started attacking the movie theater in the film. CREEPY).
                              In that movie Dillon looks like Emil Minty, the Feral kid in Mad Max 2, and Chaka from Land of the Lost played by Philip Paley.

Comment

• Originally posted by PHEDG View Post
                                In that movie Dillon looks like Emil Minty, the Feral kid in Mad Max 2, and Chaka from Land of the Lost played by Philip Paley.

=
                                It's UNCANNY!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X