Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attack the Block

Well, that was the shit, now wasn't it? Hollywood, fuck Shark boy. Make a goddamn action hero of John Boyega, and do that shit now.

Comment

• I had a blast with Attack the Block but that ending just felt so flat. I guess I was just wanting more which is always a good thing, right?
      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Finally got around to seeing Trick r Treat (its instant streaming on Lovefilm). Its good. Not a classic like I had secretly hoped, but it makes the anthology structure work better than most attempts. Its certainly a fun, Tod Serling-esque time, I just didn't find it scary.
        I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• The Dylan Baker/Thurman Merman vignette was the best. It was a steady decline afterward.

And the werewolf babysitter's club? Nadir of the film.
          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• We watched Poltergeist and Dawn of the Dead (newer version sine we watched the older version just a couple of weeks ago) to celebrate Halloween (hate that it's on a Monday this year). Love me some Poltergeist - such a classic! "You only moved the headstones!!!!!!!"
            If I were Shé, do you think I'd be operating a taco truck? Shé brings hope. Shé rights the wrongs. Unfortunately, Shé is a myth.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
              Finally got around to seeing Trick r Treat (its instant streaming on Lovefilm). Its good. Not a classic like I had secretly hoped, but it makes the anthology structure work better than most attempts. Its certainly a fun, Tod Serling-esque time, I just didn't find it scary.
              Wasn't a fan of this past the Dylan Baker/Ceej story. Found it incredibly over-hyped and a huge let down honestly.
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• I also assume you meant Rod Serling.

Tod is a dick.
                Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I did indeed. Where did Tod come from?
                  I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• He lives next door to Rod.
                    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Tod's an asshole. He always walks past his windows with his robe open.
                      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Abe Smashington View Post
                        Tod's an asshole. He always walks past his windows with his robe open.
                        THIS

He's a grownass man. Shit's untenable.
                        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• TF3. Needed more robot on robot violence and less humans.
                          We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
                          - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• I don't know what came over me, but I decided to watch Showtime again today.

It needed more Shatner.

Comment

• RED STATE- Overall it was surprisingly not awful. Parks was great as Phelps 2.0. I didn't see that ending coming, either. For those who have seen it, how did the conversations between Goodman and his unseen superior come off? Did it seems like Smith was trying too hard to be cynical about how the G works? Because that's basically how it goes in IRL.

HORRIBLE BOSSES- I think the Aniston-Day story would have been a bit more interesting if Aniston wasn't so hot. Outside of that, I pretty much loved this. Sam Weir needs to write more movies with his buddies.

Comment

• 'The Crow'. Picked it up on blu-ray for $10. I haven't seen it since the 90s. You know what? It still holds up. The look and feel of the film is really solid and consistent throughout; it does goth better than any fucking vampire movie ever could.

The music...ah, the music. It holds up incredibly well as a snapshot of the early 90s, but it also has a quality about it that makes it sound timeless. It never felt dated to me, and I wasn't expecting that.

Michael Wincott needs more work.
                                Originally posted by Martin
                                Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                                Originally posted by gravedigger
                                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                                Originally posted by Martin
                                And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                                Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

Working...
                                X