• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
    Wrong.

Bi-winning!!
    Yep... Jersh bi-wins the thread.

Comment

• Bought Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition for $25 a few days ago. I like it, but too much talking, but I suppose that's the point of these games. When are these games going to implement stuff like "walk and talk," or interesting shots during conversations? Over the shoulder shots get old really quickly. Mass Effect 2 was a little better about this, but not much. Maybe I'm too film oriented. Still, it's been decent so far. I'm playing on casual, for once, I'd probably hate the game if I played it on a harder difficulty. Oh, and fuck the quest where you are dropped into The Fade. I hope that doesn't happen again. It probably does.
      "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

• post/av
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Nah, it's just the once with that Fade quest.

And yes, it is a terrible slog.
          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Well, that's good to hear.
            "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

• The Fade is probably the worst part of the game. The good news is that there are plenty of walkthroughs for it online that can get you through it in about 90 minutes or so.

...or

if you want, there's a mod out there called 'Skip the Fade' that enables you to do just that. Go to www.dragonagenexus.com and you should be able to get it.
              Originally posted by Martin
              Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
              Originally posted by gravedigger
              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
              And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
              Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• you'll have a blast on that dragonagenexus site, actually. Plenty of sex mods, armor mods, and gameplay tweaks for you to enjoy.

Must haves, non adult:
                'Skip the Fade'
                'Extra Dog Slot' (THIS is essential)
                'Dragonage re designed' (improves the faces dramatically)
                'Dialogue Tweaks'
                'Grey Warden Runic Armor'
                'Elvenham's Weapons' (can't remember the name)

The adult ones? Go nuts. I really recommend:
                'Blade Dancer Armor' You can make them R rated or not, your choice. The armor sets are awesome with fantastic stats.
                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Yeah, I finished it already. It was the first major quest I did after leaving Lothering, so maybe that has tainted my view of the game. I think I just started the elves and werewolves quest. At least it seems I got the worst of the game out of the way.

Comment

• You'll finish off the Elven quest with the werewolves in a couple of hours, tops. It's pretty fast. The Dwarven questline? Well, don't be in a rush...it's easily as long as the Redcliffe/Urn storyline.

Comment

• I still say what you find down in the Lost Roads is terrible. I hate the living hell out of that thing.

But not in the same tedious way as the Fade. The thing I refer to is just a cheap, evil beeaatch.
                      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Oh, and another thing...you're gonna get to a point later on in the game (post Landsmeet) where you hit a point of no return...all quest lines are locked and you're stuck on the endgame path. There's no warning about this, it just happens.

Without spoiling anything, there's gonna be a moment where you're going to be talking to a guard outside of Arl Eamon's estate in Denerim. He's gonna ask you if you want to go in as everyone's expecting you. SAVE and make damned sure that you've got everything that you need. Go to your camp and load up all of your swag that you want to bring over to DA:Awakenings because you're not going back.

Comment

• What kind of character are you playing, by the way?

Oh, and another mod that you're gonna want: I think it's called Polygamey...it enables you to turn off the party jealousy and bang everyone available to 'romance'. Litter your camp with condoms and go nuts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                            The Fade is probably the worst part of the game. The good news is that there are plenty of walkthroughs for it online that can get you through it in about 90 minutes or so.

...or

if you want, there's a mod out there called 'Skip the Fade' that enables you to do just that. Go to www.dragonagenexus.com and you should be able to get it.
                            Damn, that's a cool site. Too bad I'm the idiot playing this on a console (PS3).

Originally posted by Matt View Post
                            Oh, and another thing...you're gonna get to a point later on in the game (post Landsmeet) where you hit a point of no return...all quest lines are locked and you're stuck on the endgame path. There's no warning about this, it just happens.

Without spoiling anything, there's gonna be a moment where you're going to be talking to a guard outside of Arl Eamon's estate in Denerim. He's gonna ask you if you want to go in as everyone's expecting you. SAVE and make damned sure that you've got everything that you need. Go to your camp and load up all of your swag that you want to bring over to DA:Awakenings because you're not going back.
                            Cool, that's good to know. I hate stumbling into the endgame when I'm not ready for it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fil View Post
                              Cool, that's good to know. I hate stumbling into the endgame when I'm not ready for it.
                              Again, it's after the Landsmeet. You've got a long, long ways to go yet. The main reason that I'm telling you this is because all of that swag that you have stored in your camp does NOT carry over into Awakenings. You're going to want to ensure that you haven't left anything behind that you're gonna regret. At the same time, you're not going to want to max out your backpack...the endgame has some good swag in it to pick up and at least ONE opportunity to sell off your extra stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fil View Post
                                Damn, that's a cool site. Too bad I'm the idiot playing this on a console (PS3).
                                That site is awesome. There are a LOT of talented heterosexual men who have contributed some MAJOR time to their mods.

Actually, there are plenty of lesbians who worked on this as well. The 'Sappho's Daughters' mods (and there are a LOT of them) turn the entire game into a lesbian sex romp with new locations, characters, voice work, and so forth.
                                Last edited by Matt; 03-08-2011, 01:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X