L.A. Noire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Buffington Headcheese View Post
    Getting 47k worth of damage is a pain in the ass. I seriously hit every fucking parkbench, mail box, sign, etc yesterday during an epic 30 min destruction run and I still only got like 25k. That's after trashing a good dozen+ cars as well.
    Try harder.

Comment

• 2 cases away from beating this and I still have one nagging question (and if it's explained during the ending awesome, please don't spoil the outcome) but...

Spoiler: spoilerz 
      what the fuck is the deal between Cole and the German singer? It came out of left field during my playthrough and I kept hoping they weren't actually banging.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Also, Rockstar Pass for the win.

"With its blend of real crime influences and noir atmosphere, L.A. Noire contains boundless potential for new stories and new cases," said Sam Houser, founder of Rockstar Games, in an official release. "The four new cases are strong standalone stories that sit perfectly alongside the main game."
        Starting today, "The Naked City" DLC case ($4.00 for PSN/320 Microsoft Points), "A Slip of The Tongue" DLC case ($4.00/320 Microsoft Points), Broderick Detective Suit and Gun ($1.00/80 Microsoft Points), Sharpshooter Detective Suit and Gun ($1.00/80 Microsoft Points), The Badge Pursuit Challenge ($2.00/160 Microsoft Points), and Chicago Piano Machine Gun (free community unlock) are available.
        On June 21, "Nicholson Electroplating Disaster" DLC case will be released, and "Reefer Madness" DLC case follows on July 12. Both are priced at $4.00/320 Microsoft Points.
        Also starting today, you can buy the L.A. Noire Rockstar Pass, getting access to all offered DLC. A limited time offer, it costs 10.00 (PlayStation Network) or 800 Microsoft Points (Xbox LIVE), which is half price what all the DLC costs individually. The DLC can be downloaded once it becomes available.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

2 cases away from beating this and I still have one nagging question (and if it's explained during the ending awesome, please don't spoil the outcome) but...

Spoiler: spoilerz 
          what the fuck is the deal between Cole and the German singer? It came out of left field during my playthrough and I kept hoping they weren't actually banging.
            Spoiler: WAT 
          Starting in vice, when Cole is a badge-polishing superhero, he goes to the club to watch Elsa sing in one of those dialogue-less cutscenes. It's implied from there that he's already started in on pursuing her. And of course, subtle hints to an affair go from there.
          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• finished off Homicide, heading into Vice.

Kinda losing my enthusiasm for the game, though. It looks great but it's kinda an empty shell. WHY have some much detail going on in the 'look' of the game if you're not gonna populate everything with stuff to do? You zoom past block after block of detailed store fronts that signify nothing and have nothing to do with the plot. Nothing happens there, and nothing's GONNA happen there. Oh good, here's a call to go to the other end of creation and stop a mugging...big deal.

I'll try and gut it out to finish the game.
            Originally posted by Martin
            Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
            Originally posted by gravedigger
            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
            And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
            Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by McMeatbag View Post
                Spoiler: WAT 
              Starting in vice, when Cole is a badge-polishing superhero, he goes to the club to watch Elsa sing in one of those dialogue-less cutscenes. It's implied from there that he's already started in on pursuing her. And of course, subtle hints to an affair go from there.

I remember that stuff, but I apparently didn't pick up on it. I just thought he was gonna pursue some leads or something. oh wells.

Comment

• Yeah, he had a ragin' clue for that one.
                Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Also, you can't lose in this game. You win every case, regardless of whether or not you fuck up the evidence. Sure, you can win it 'better' (ooooh! 5 stars!), but so what...if you're gonna win the case regardless of what you do, then there's no risk, no real sense of accomplishment. It's very unsatisfying.

Oh well. It sure is purty with a great soundtrack.
                  Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                  Originally posted by gravedigger
                  Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                  And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                  Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

Getting 47k worth of damage is a pain in the ass. I seriously hit every fucking parkbench, mail box, sign, etc yesterday during an epic 30 min destruction run and I still only got like 25k. That's after trashing a good dozen+ cars as well.

So I got a sweet 1 star even though I got all of the questions and all of the clues. boourns.
                    Maybe they are using 1947 dollars, which means eleventy billion in today's money.
                    "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
                      Maybe they are using 1947 dollars, which means eleventy billion in today's money.

I came close to doing this when I tried to kill my partner. I almost got there, but my car broke apart from the streetcar impact.
                      My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• I broke a shit load of my cars last night. I was able to jump a hill and land on a street car. IT was AWESOME.

Comment

I remember that stuff, but I apparently didn't pick up on it. I just thought he was gonna pursue some leads or something. oh wells.
                          Naw man, it's totally out of left field and it nagged me the WHOLE fucking time. It's the feeling I will get if Billy Campbell is the murderer in The Killing.

Comment

• I see Matt's points yet I don't care. Must finish then replay to acheive max stars/points/win.
                            Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                            Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                            POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                              Naw man, it's totally out of left field and it nagged me the WHOLE fucking time.
                              I feel a bit better than. Lesley and I were both like "WTF MATE>?!" And then I still gave Cole the benefit of the doubt. It feels like something was cut out or trimmed or something.

Comment

• I wish they have gave us maybe some kind of insight to his relationship with his wife or something. That would have given us some kind of reason to care, or understand, why it went down that way.

Comment

Working...
                                X