No announcement yet.

Beer. Beer. And more beer.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shiner is making a hefeweizen. I require this. Been sipping on the St. Arnold's summer pils, since it's limited, but it's not as good as Lawnmower.

I really want to drink Chupacabra piss. I need to find that Iggy.

Comment

• I want to try that Chupacabra ale.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Whilst on vacation at my wife's parents' house in Myrtle Beach last week, I purchased some ber to enjoy with the inevitable evening cigars. One of the 1st trips we made after arriving was to Costco for food that we could cook. On an impulse, I decided to purchase a case of assorted beers under the Costco store brand, Kirkland. My reasoning was two-fold: a) They probably outsource the production of this beer to a craft brewery somewhere, & put their name on it, & b) I own some Kirkland clothing and have purchased food & electronics items, that were actually quite good. (and c), I didn't want to make another trip to another store for better beer). The sampler contained a Pale Ale, a Hefeweizen, an Amber Ale, & a German Style Lager. All were serviceable, but none was especially good. Overall, nothing at all to write home about (and yet, I'm writing about it here. . . ). Ya get what ya pay for, I guess.
        I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• I miss the days of seeing generic beer that read "BEER" on the can.
          "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Well holy shit, it still exists!
            "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Enjoying some Joseph Brau Brewing Co. Dunkelweizens with some fresh ricotta from the Antonio Mozzarella Factory (wine & beer pairings, baby! Wave of the future!). Quite good. Got a nice bit of spice to them when drunk alone, but amooth as water when paired with the cheese. Water with a mellow toasty component at the back of the palate, that is. Quite a tasty wheat beer, but I'm not thinking it'll supplant Troegs Dreamweaver as a favorite any time soon.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Someone besides myself and Matt needs to enjoy some Brewers Art Resurrection Ale sometime soon.
                "DO. DO lots of cocaine. DO."
                - Relationship Guru Matt.

Check out my music, if you please:
                http://soundcloud.com/musicisgreen
                http://cmillermusic.tumblr.com/

Comment

• We've got this coming up, which I really want to go to. My parents have been for the last 8 or so years and the really enjoy it. http://www.alefest.com/dayton.htm

It basically spawned the ones in Chicago and Columbus.
                  Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• Russ I heard that Weedwacker showed up in DFW bars last night.

Comment

• What's this "Weedwacker" you've been going on about?
                      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• St. Arnold's Brewery is a Houston craft beer, and their Lawnmower brew is their best (imo). Weedwacker is a limited draft only Lawnmower variant that everyone is raving about, but is disappearing fast as fuck.

http://blogs.houstonpress.com/eating...nolds_weed.php

I'll see if I can't send you a case of Lawnmower as a wedding gift.

Comment

• Hmms, looks pretty sweet. Same with the other one.

Comment

• The old balding guy in the foreground staring down looks like the saddest fucking person EVER.

Comment

• HAHAHA. Yeah he does.

"I can't believe someone outbid me on that limited edition "My Little Pony"...FUCK"

Comment

• Tried some Stone Russian Imperial Stout last night. This confirms what I've always kind of suspected: I just don't like stouts. Taste too much like coffee, which I hate. There were some nice smoky and spicynotes to be had as well, so it certainly had more character than Guinness, but this is definitely not going to be addes to the rotation. On a side note, the Gorgonzola Piccante (dulce is for pussies) I spread on some roll slices did go well with the nuances of the beer I liked. As did, perhaps to a lesser extent, the Quadrello di bufala. The best part? Got more Gorgonzola and a bottle o' Stone Ruination IPA for the weekend pairing. . .

Comment

Working...
                                X