Beer. Beer. And more beer.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
    I'm pretty sure Martin already mentioned this. But what's the word on Unibroue's Trois Pistoles?

A local hole in the wall joint has this beer on tap. And yes, I'm aware it's got a high alcohol content. (9%)
    Like almost all Unibroue products, it's good. REAL good. It, Fin du MOnde & Maudite are all kind of dimilar, in that they're all thick with nice foamy heads, and have a malty sweetness somewhat reminiscent of a Belgian Dubbel (and yes, the high alcohol content), but there are subtle variations. I don't think I've ever tried 2 or more side by side, so I don't recall specifically what they are. I think Fin du Monde is a little better (to my tastes) than the other two, but not by too goddam much. I would frequent - and I mean FREQUENT - any bar that had any of these on tap, and be muy contento, mi hermano. I'd say that in French, but "Tres Pistoles" IS Spanish. Do this thing, Ed.
    I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
      EDIT: Also love
      Seconded. We still need a drooling/nomming/licking chops emoticon for the food threads, though.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Last night I had Real Ale Fireman's 4. Really good, citrus flavored. Reminded me of a stronger Blue Moon. Would have been better with an orange, but still very good. Also, Duvel Belgian Ale. Went down smoooooooooooth, but once it got there it turned bitter as fuck. I had that bitterness in my mouth for a few hours.

Today I tried Real Ale Oktoberfest. Your typical Oktoberfest beer. Nothing special, nothing repulsive. Would be better if I had a really hearty stew with it.

Comment

• I have a Hallowe'en tradition, where I sit on my front porch and give out treats to the last inevutable stragglers to come along after my son goes to bed (so that they don't ring the doorbell and get the dogs barking & whatnot. Whilst I do that, I smoke a stoge & drink an Oktoberfest. Can anyone give me an idea what's a good one to select for this year? Make sure your suggestion is available in Jersey. For the record, I drank Sam Adams Oktoberfest last year. I don't recall any from the prior years.

Comment

• Wasatch Brewery in Park City. A++

This trip has sucked but the excursion to Park City this evening was blessed excellent microbrews. Avoide the apricot wheat but the regular hefeweizen and this double bock called THE DEVASTOR are excellent.

But all I ate was two hot wings and a few cron chips at a bar where me and my buddies were the only patrons. I need some fuckin pancakes but dont' have a ride. I will instead eat these Grandma's cookies and watch Fringe.

Comment

• Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
              But all I ate was two hot wings and a few cron chips at a bar where me and my buddies were the only patrons. I need some fuckin pancakes but dont' have a ride. I will instead eat these Grandma's cookies and watch Fringe.
              Me like cron chips...

Comment

• Jesus, how did I manage to spell "excursion" and "hefeweizen" correctly but not "corn"? What the hell.

Comment

• Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
                  Jesus, how did I manage to spell "excursion" and "hefeweizen" correctly but not "corn"? What the hell.
                  The bisexual pageant contestants got you all horned up and discombobulated.

It happens. We're cool.

Comment

• This thread needs
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9gkhdOFTpI
                    Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                    Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                    POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• BevMo has a beer from Saigon on the shelf.

Huh, Vietamese beer.
                      "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• You love it long time. But no drink tripel. Too beaucoup.

Comment

• The first sixer of 2 below for the season has been purchased. YESSssssss
                          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• FUCK YES First St. Arnold's Christmas Ale hit the shelves yesterday and i got me some.

Comment

• Drank some Dogfish Head 90 Minute Imperial IPA's last night. Didn;t care for these, really. Too sweet & malty, without a balancing hop bitterness. Reminded me more of a double bock or a tripel than an IPA. And I don't like those.

Comment

• I bought a Sam Adams Winter Variety Pack the other night, mainly because it had Old Fezziwig in it, and I've always been partial to that concoction. Haven't seen it in years, either. But what I tried 1st instead was a chocolate porter. remarkably tasty. It's like semi-bitter dark chocolate cocoa. Sweet and chocolaty notes balanced by just the right touch of hops bitterness to keep it from getting cloying. Excellent stuff!

Comment

Working...
                                X