4k/UHD/OLED/STDs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
    Size would be perfect for our living room, any particular standouts manufacture wise? I don't mind spending SOME money but I'm not spending 1000 for a TV anymore. Just won't

If you don't care that much, TCL or Vizio. Pick it up for cheap and rock it til it falls apart.
    My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

Originally posted by Anderson View Post
      If you don't care that much, TCL or Vizio. Pick it up for cheap and rock it til it falls apart.
      I want to get a decent TV but with the way the prices keep changing AND tech keeps changing I don't want to invest 1000+ and have it be obsolete in a year or two. I'm also hoping to upgrade to either a PS4 pro or PS5 depending on price point on launch at some point as my base model PS4 is starting to become noticeably slower EVEN after cleaning it out regularly.
      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
        I want to get a decent TV but with the way the prices keep changing AND tech keeps changing I don't want to invest 1000+ and have it be obsolete in a year or two. I'm also hoping to upgrade to either a PS4 pro or PS5 depending on price point on launch at some point as my base model PS4 is starting to become noticeably slower EVEN after cleaning it out regularly.

I keep a Vizio 50 inch in the basement for testing out 4K UHD discs. Testing Aladdin right now.

It was 525 after tax 2 years ago. Now, it can be had for 300. Super strong.
        My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

I keep a Vizio 50 inch in the basement for testing out 4K UHD discs. Testing Aladdin right now.

It was 525 after tax 2 years ago. Now, it can be had for 300. Super strong.
          Awesome. Is there a particular model number or does Vizio keep it pretty simple?
          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

I'm pretty happy with my TCL. $250.
            Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
            Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
            POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

pulled the trigger on my new tv. Should be here Monday.

Here's hoping everything works and it was worth it.
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

and? what did you get?
                Originally posted by Martin
                Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                Originally posted by gravedigger
                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Figured I'd go with this model to save a bit of loot to put into a new fund to finally upgrade my sound setup from like 2006.
                  "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Nice! we got the 50 inch version of that, older model. LOVE LOVE LOVE it.
                    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                      https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Figured I'd go with this model to save a bit of loot to put into a new fund to finally upgrade my sound setup from like 2006.
                      Looks good Rob. We upgraded from a plasma this spring, and we're pretty happy with it. We still have to do a bunch of rewiring (our old Bose Soundbar can handle HDR, old HDMI cables etc), but we like it. Plus it's 75" which is pretty damn nice for gaming.
                      Visit my blog! BMichaelKrol.Wordpress.com Leave vulgar comments!

Twitter.com/bmkrol

Comment

Yeah got it delivered today and its swank as fuck. But as I feared, I will need to update my sound setup as it's a bit too old to work the best with new set up.

But man is it pretty. Soooo pretty

Comment

So very, very pretty.

Recommendation: get INTERSTELLAR on 4K and watch it on there. Holy shit does that film look good with the deep blacks of space.

Comment

Already ahead of you man. I have a grip of 4k movies thanks to apple.

Comment

Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                              Already ahead of you man. I have a grip of 4k movies thanks to apple.

Welcome to the Apple TV 4K cult. Fuck, I picked up the Banana Splits movie on there just to see it in 4K.

Comment

I've bought a bunch of 4K movies on Apple iTunes as well. APOCALYPSE NOW is another one that is absolutely shocking in 4K.

Comment

Working...
                                X