4k/UHD/OLED/STDs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4k/UHD/OLED/STDs

So trying to find a great affordable 4k tv that is worth it is fucking difficult.

Those of you that have 4k displays already: what do you have? do you like it? what should I look for?

I've been doing research and so far I know that I should def make sure it does 120hz minimum, obviously have a decent amount of HDMI ports, and if possibly be OLED.

But I'd like to throw it out to you guys. Help me help you.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

I will say this and it sounds crazy. Don't overdo it.

TCLs are great burner monitors, but not insanely well on blacks.

I use a standard Vizio 4K 120 to test discs on and it gets the job done.
    My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

we have a Samsung OLED C series and we love it. No burn in issues for us. The picture is fantastic...indeed, it's so good that it actually threw us for a few days until we got used to seeing every actor's pore structure. Highly recommended.
      Originally posted by Martin
      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
      Originally posted by gravedigger
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

Good to know
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

I've had a killer Tijuana STD for a few months now and I'm pretty sure it's gonna cost 4k for treatments.
          Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
          John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

Yeah, I have a 65" Vizio 4K I got for like $1100 at Costco. It's legit.

https://www.vizio.com/tvs/p65f1.html Believe that is the current model of mine. When you shop make sure you're getting 10 bit HDR. Or else HDR won't work on your games. Also, make sure multiple HDMI carry the 4k and HDR signals. Mine only carries it via a single HDMI, so I only get the benefit via my One X. I honestly want to upgrade my rear TV by moving the 65" back there, and buying a new Vizio 4K with multiple HDMI that carries the 4K/HDR signal.

It's also nice having the smartcast built in.

Comment

I'm still waiting for good 4K projectors to come down in price.

The next theater remodel is going to work in my grid system to reformat the screen for various aspect ratios rather than me having to fuck with it manually.

True that on the HDR bit that Billy brought up. The Vizio monitor I use for reviewing was bought because it does HDR and Dolby Vision. I paid extra, but it's worth it.
              My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

What's the difference between HDR and Dolby Vision? I thought it was one or the other, not both?

This shit is still super confusing. How would one know if the HDMI ports do 4k/HDR or not looking online? I'm not seeing any indication on this so far.

Comment

I would look up reviews on Cnet or Wirecutter and see what they say about the multiple HDMI 4K/HDR signal.

I know nothing about Dolby Vision. Sounds like some proprietary shit that will die.

Comment

Do you guys have a full surround setup or soundbar?

At the moment I have a 15 year old Sony receiver set up that isn't really cut out for all of the devices I have but it does have 2 digital optical audio outputs (which is what I use for my audio in both xbox/apple tv) but in looking at the new 4k apple tv it no longer has this output and only uses the HDMI port to do both.

Now it's seeming like I'll need not only a new tv, but a new sound setup.

Comment

We bought a soundbar with sub woofer. Works great.
                      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

Does it really sound like a normal 5.1 setup? Like do the sounds behind you actually sound like they're behind you:"? I know it's black magic fuckery but I doooo love true surround sound but would give up all of the wires and speakers for something that sounds close enough.

Comment

Not really, but it booms pretty loudly when you have it cranked. I rarely 'have it cranked', though...my wife doesn't dig that, especially since it reverberates around the entire house.

Comment

my current system fucking POUNDS at only half volume. I turned up the sub all the way once and played Call of Duty and pictures fell off our walls. IT was great. haha.

Comment

Our sound system is plenty loud at 25. It's peeling paint off of the walls at 35. It goes much, much higher than that.

Comment

Working...
                              X