X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Me quick one want slow

Comment

• YIKES!
      "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Originally posted by Russ View Post
        Looking toward the future and how the WC has now set me up as a lifelong fan of the sport (yes, even before the 16 spots are finalized)/I am an American dolt without much in the way of a team to root for in the Champion's League.

I wouldn't dare to pick something without understanding the history of the team, but would someone from across the pond give a Yank some perspective?
        I love that this World Cup has got you so into the game. It's fantastic. When I mentioned the Champions League before, it was just so you could see the true cream of football's elite playing at the highest level. I'd say it's a safe bet that you'll fall in love with a team if you watch enough C.L. matches because the standard of football is so high.

I won't lie to you, Russ. Chances are, that team will be Manchester United (the Greatest Team Everâ„¢.) Benefits of following United include, but aren't limited to:

1. Being the best.
        2. Being hated because you're the best.
        3. Knowing that the best player ever (fittingly enough called George Best) changed football history whilst at your club.
        4. The ability to endlessly rib your rival neighbours.
        5. This.

I could go on, but I think this baby pretty much sells herself.

My brother supports United (and has done so since before that was something to sing about) so I can't really remember a time without them in my life. Even though I was brought up as a fan, I know I'd have ended up supporting United regardless of the circumstances. No other team have the ethos (we don't just want to beat you, we want to beat you in the classiest way possible... by as many goals as we can) to command the kind of love they do.

Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
        I want Bobby to explain how does a team find you exactly?
        There's no way of making a team find you. You have to be drawn to them. It's a lot like romance, really. This could be caused by admiration for their style of play or appreciation of the club's history. It could even be almost unexplainable. Whatever the cause... when you feel elation at the narrowest win or despair at an undeserved defeat, you'll know you have your team.
        "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• So bascially find a team that you wouldn't kick outta bed. Got it.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• It's not all about pizazz or trophies, Smash. It's about feeling it. Could be the lowliest minnow to the mightiest champions. If you don't get that kick out of them, you're nothing more than a glory hunter. And no-one likes a glory hunter!

I get a bigger kick out of watching Bestie tear it up in a Green Shirt and he never even got to play in a World Cup.
            "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• To be honest, I'm an underdog guy.

It's made every elimination in the cup devastating (except for France), but incredibly exciting to watch some teams pull out of the flames (like South Korea yesterday).
              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• France went down like...

Well... like a French border gate. Fucking AWESOME!

Comment

• USA! USA! USA! USA!

Comment

• Anyone else got a hard on? A hard on for 'Merika?!
                    Last edited by Ed Hocken; 06-23-2010, 09:57 AM.

Comment

• After being fucked over a few times, they finally got theirs. Good for Lando and The Deuce.
                      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Delighted for the States. I was pulling for yous the whole way through the much less enjoyable England match.

Comment

• So it's either going to be Germany or Serbia. Either way, a war analogy works.

Comment

• World War 2: Electric Boogaloo is fucking on.
                            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Aw shit, now Ghost Patton is going to hang around for a while.

Comment

• Him and Phantasm Churchill are gonna get fucking hammered on Johnny Walker and punch things.

I hope the afterlife sells vuvuzelas...
                                Me quick one want slow

Comment

Working...
                                X