No announcement yet.

ISSA GOTDAMN WEEKEEEEEND THREAD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sometimes rachet is fun, but only for the lulz. Also ALWAYS take women with you if you're going to the strip club. ALWAYS
    "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Made a new friend yesterday at Chiller Theater. Robert Jamiroquai Hughes, DO YOU STILL BELIEVE?!?!

NICEST DUDE EVER. He was excited to meet fans, happily talked to 'em for a bit, made you feel like you were one of his bros. His assistant was beyond charming, and he threw in photos with fans for free when you bought stuff from his table. Plus, his prices were low (a nice trend I saw for a lot of celebs this go round!). Even had bottles of Sergio's Sexy Sax Man Sweat for sale! Even got some sexy sax man sweat on my left hand in the second pic - I've been blessed by the gods!

PM me your addy, Rob! Got some stuff to send ya, dude!

Almost got pics taken with adult actresses Gianna Michaels and Sophie Dee (dressed as Harley Quinn and Wonder Woman respectively), but we were on our way home, and I was surprised I had a ton of cash left over (didn't buy much), and wanted to use it for shopping today. Still, Sophie Dee's WW costume almost gave me a heart attack, and Jen would've consigned me to the couch for a week. Incur not her righteous wrath, my lads, for that way lies folly!
      Last edited by Timothy225; 10-25-2015, 05:12 AM.

Comment

• NO WAY. That is so awesome.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
          Made a new friend yesterday at Chiller Theater. Robert Jamiroquai Hughes, DO YOU STILL BELIEVE?!?!

NICEST DUDE EVER. He was excited to meet fans, happily talked to 'em for a bit, made you feel like you were one of his bros. His assistant was beyond charming, and he threw in photos with fans for free when you bought stuff from his table. Plus, his prices were low (a nice trend I saw for a lot of celebs this go round!). Even had bottles of Sergio's Sexy Sax Man Sweat for sale! Even got some sexy sax man sweat on my left hand in the second pic - I've been blessed by the gods!

Almost got pics taken with adult actresses Gianna Michaels and Sophie Dee (dressed as Harley Quinn and Wonder Woman respectively), but we were on our way home, and I was surprised I had a ton of cash left over (didn't buy much), and wanted to use it for shopping today. Still, Sophie Dee's WW costume almost gave me a heart attack, and Jen would've consigned me to the couch for a week. Incur not her righteous wrath, my lads, for that way lies folly!
          Nice!

Wait WHAT? I think that couch would have been confy.
          BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Tim Capello! So awesome!

Had I been in town this weekend, I'd have tried to go to Cryptocon. Michael Biehn, Lance Henriksen, and some chic named Ginger Lynn were there.
            Originally posted by Martin
            Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
            Originally posted by gravedigger
            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
            And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
            Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

Made a new friend yesterday at Chiller Theater. Robert Jamiroquai Hughes, DO YOU STILL BELIEVE?!?!

You are awesome Tim. So awesome.
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• DID YOU SHOW HIM MY AVATAR, TIM????
                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Did ya one better, Matt! I told him about BDR and mentioned how we all dug him on the site (as well as mentioned we have a guy/fellow Rush fan who has him as an animated avatar). His assistant wrote down the web address, and he said he'd check the site out.

In short, we may someday teach the Sexy Sax Man all about sammiches and film reviews and stuff! Woot!

Comment

• YOU SHOULD HAVE TOLD HIM ABOUT ROB PLAYING SLENDERMAN!!!! #GODDAMNITTIMOTHY!!!! :-D
                    "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Can't give away all the goods, Josh. Let him find that magic on his own!

Also saw Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat, Marky Ramone, Greg "The Hammer" Valentine, Arn Anderson, etc. in the Dealer's Room, some Playboy/Hustler models in a room all to themselves, and that was it. Largest lines were for the room reserved for the musicians (Ace Frehley, etc.) and the big stars like Paul Sorvino, Michael Rooker, the surviving casts of Batman and Lost in Space, among others.

Comment

Did ya one better, Matt! I told him about BDR and mentioned how we all dug him on the site (as well as mentioned we have a guy/fellow Rush fan who has him as an animated avatar). His assistant wrote down the web address, and he said he'd check the site out.

In short, we may someday teach the Sexy Sax Man all about sammiches and film reviews and stuff! Woot!
                        Very cool. Very, very cool.

Comment

• Interesting weekend. Woke up around 2 AM Saturday morning, had trouble going back to sleep, so I went downstairs to watch TV. Channel surfed, started watching a movie and the TV died. No picture, no sound, no nothing. Checked the connections, power cord, outlet, nada. RIP, Samsung 40".

Saturday morning/afternoon, Jen and I picked up a Vizio 50" 4K D-series TV. Lord almighty, is this TV the shit. Picture's fantastic, no blur to speak of, vibrant as fuck, and was the quickest, easiest set up I've experienced so far. Price was right, too (under $599), so much so I sprang for a 2 year warranty and was able to pick up a 2TB external drive as well for my computer. I have 2 years to pay this off, which should be no problem. Highly recommended.

Got to (finally!) read Miller and Lee's All Star Batman (TPB of issues 1-9) after years of putting it off. Yeah, this was a depressing as fuck mess. It's like Miller just didn't give a fuck when he wrote this, basically giving the fanboys who think Batman's just not grimdark enough a handjob, while mixing in some of his own personal social commentary as well. It reads like a very bad parody of his Sin City stuff as written by somebody who never quite got that series, apart from the violence and misogyny.

Lee's artwork was great, but he seemed to be releasing some pent-up frustrations as well. Something tells me there's a hard R or X-rated version of this in Lee's art drawers that would make an average comic reader's head explode, especially after seeing his take on Black Canary and that bar fight scene.

Haven't read the infamous issue 10 yet, but the completest in me intends to, soon. I'm just astonished that this is the same Frank Miller who fucking rocked it with his and Klaus Janson's Daredevil run, followed by The Dark Knight Returns and Batman Year One, then Sin City and 300. The hell happened to this guy? It's just sad reading this.

Comment

• Looks like a damn nice TV, Tim. I have a 46" Samsung that's getting up in age and I would love to upgrade to a 60" at some point. Mine is about 8 years old, and probably four times the weight of a modern TV. I figure I can give it to my niece, or use it in my game room and set up some ridiculous nonsense with my 42" TV being used as a primary monitor for my PC.

Comment

• NIIIIICE TV, Tim. Enjoy that bad boy!

Comment

• My weekend was a good news/bad news kinda thing.

The good news: We went to Willmar to get my father in law and hit the accountant for tax purposes. The wife and I are getting back around 6k this year, and that'll be used to pay for some dental work that my wife needs to get done.

The bad news: We went out afterwards and my FiL decided to be an idiot and drink too much, too quickly. He's 89 and just shy of 300 lbs, and getting him to stand with his walker was nearly impossible. I sat him down in a chair to get a wheelchair...on the way back, I watched him lose his balance IN THE CHAIR and simply fall over...SPLAT...on the carpet of the VA. I ended up having to lift him up, which took three tries. I did it right: I got behind him, wrapped my arms around his chest, kept my back straight, and used my legs to just power lift him up. Unfortunately, I still hurt my back...lots of sore, pulled muscles. No slipped discs or anything (again, I lifted him right), but holy shit has my back been killing me for the past few days. No sleep, lots of pain killers.

Oh well. 6K!

Comment

Working...
                                X