Weather...Fuck it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Howard View Post
    Too late. Tonsils are already swollen and somehow I got an ear infection. I know why babies cry.
    Yup, me too. Finally ditch the sinus infection and now my ear is flipping out and my throat is killing me. Least I'm not under 3' of snow. Good luck guys.

Comment

• We're supposed to get hammered by another bad snowstorm this weekend. it's gonna roll in on Thursday and keep us company until Sunday or so. Looks like we may be spending NY Eve at home, drinking Vodka and playing board games.
      Originally posted by Martin
      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
      Originally posted by gravedigger
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• We actually had a white Christmas in GA. We only got 3 inches where I live. It was perfect- no ice and the roads werent messed up

Comment

• Jesus christ - my living room windows just actually rattled! Plus, I looked out the bedroom window where I have the clearest view, and the wind is so strong it looks like it's snowing sideways. There's a car parked in front of the building, and you can see the snow in its headlights, and it just looked like this little mini snow twister! Plus, it's still really heavily snowing. Ohhh, well - we get at least one blizzard every winter!
          2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• Kicker is, winter's just started - Hocken knows what we'll be in for January - March.

Reports coming in of 1-2 feet of snow in areas of NJ. Should be stopping mid morning. Looked outside and everything's buried; NJ's under a state of emergency, so everything's closed today: schools, jerbs, mail, etc.

Comment

• I had today off anyway, but I don't know what any of my co-workers actually coming into the office are doing.

I looked out the window, and it's hard to tell how much we got. It blew around A LOT - there are cars that are completely buried up to their hoods, but then the car across the street from my building looks fine - you can still see the bottoms of the tires, so I think the wind is making it harder to tell. Judging by actual snowfall and by the news reports, I think we may have gotten about 10 inches? Not sure, but NY Daily News said we can expect a total of about 18 inches by midday today. Needless to say, I don't think I'm going out to run errands today!

Most of the trains are running okay, but there are a few LIRR trains that are closed down, as well as a few subway trains. There's a subway train leaving JFK Airport that's been stuck for FIVE hours! NY1 patched in to talk to one of their reporters who happened to be stuck on the train coming in from the airport, and he just sort of said everyone's just hanging around and waiting to be rescued.

But this is normal for NYC - in the past few years, we normally have had a huge blizzard sometime around Christmas, and then another one around February.

EDIT: Posting this link, because the first picture of the wedding party is pure awesomeness!

Is it determination or simply love?

I "Awwwwed!" over the little boy all bundled up, carrying the bride's train!
              Last edited by Lisa; 12-27-2010, 04:59 AM.
              2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

Comment

• Hang tough, guys. Truly, us Minnesotans know EXACTLY what you're going through.
                Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                Originally posted by gravedigger
                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• http://gothamist.com/2010/12/26/yep_...way_st.php?wow

Comment

• YES SUCK IT EAST COAST.
                    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Oh, that's very nice, Rob! Very nice! Us East Coasters were the ones who had you Minnesotans' backs re: sympathy and concern with your recent snowstorms. Wasn't us drinking beers, lounging in 70+ degree weather, poolside. No sir! We felt for Matt, we fretted over Phedg, we cried for you and Lesley, we shivered over CJ.

And you back hand us like this. Shocked, shocked I am at such behavior!

Know you this, I will furiously shake my gloved fist at your direction as my wife and I stand hip deep in snowdrifts digging cars out. Furiously, I say!

Comment

• OMG DUDES wind can blow snow into enclosed areas?! IS THAT WHAT I THINK IT IS NEXT TO THE TABLE?!!

Comment

• "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Either that or it's a really big pile of cocaine.
                            "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
                              OMG DUDES wind can blow snow into enclosed areas?! IS THAT WHAT I THINK IT IS NEXT TO THE TABLE?!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. I remember that dude.
                              We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
                              - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                                Hang tough, guys. Truly, us Minnesotans know EXACTLY what you're going through.
                                This isn't such a big deal. We've had far worse than this - we just don't get it as often as you. Winter of '92, February of '96, February of '06, December of last year - they were way, WAY worse than this one. I mean, this is a lot, but we've had crazier.

Yeah, seen that happen too. There are open subway entrances that lead down, so that lets in the snow, especially if it's really windy. Plus many of the smaller stations are directly under sidewalk grates, so it snows down right through them. I can tell by the sign at that station - that's the R train at Bay Ridge Ave in Brooklyn, which is the station for my SIL and the kids, so I've been there when it was snowing inside that station - it's a pain getting to a spot where there's no sidewalk grating that lets the snow in!
                                Last edited by Lisa; 12-27-2010, 10:26 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X