No announcement yet.

Weather...Fuck it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Jen said. I just know I'm gonna have to do some shoveling tomorrow. Still, if this is a rerun of last winter, this'll be all the shoveling I'm doing until spring.

Comment

• We ended up going back home because the power did indeed come back on & has been on since. But driving about tonight, I see that significant segments of my town - starting just a few blocks over in some cases - are still without power. At least the snow will melt soon, and the Nor'easter winds weren't as bad as predicted. As for snuggling under the comforter with furballs, that was how I got thru the cold nights last week I spent alone at the house. That big ass down comforter & those 2 little hot dogs made it bearable.
      I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Also, office FINALLY on line, as is my wife's job. My son's school, however? When power 1st came on last week, somebody fucked something up (a custodian we ran in to tonight told us), & blew something somewhere, almost started a fire. So they're still clsoed, but 4 of the remaining 5 schools in town are open. My son's spring break? Gone. And our oh-so-sensitive Governor said teachers should prepare to "have 4th of July picnics in their classes" this year. Gonna fuck our summer routine up but good if that's literally true.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Power went out again on Wednesday, just got power back around 3:30 this morning. Really, really hope this is it for awhile, as folks are ready to lynch JCP&L's management for not sharing info and for the shoddy and outdated equipment that's being used.

Major, major kudos and love to the linemen from JCP&L and all the out-of-state folks helping to get NJ up and running again. They fuckin' ROCK.

Comment

• An atty I ran into in court on Wed said she was talking to some JCP&L linemen & off the record they have nothing but hate for JCP&L. Seems they don't treat their own people any better than their customers. Thank God I'm serviced by PSE&G. Although I'm now told by the lineman working across the street on the transformer by y son's school that I will in all likelihood lose power AGAIN today (albeit briefly). [Sigh] If I'm not heard from in 3 days tell my wife I lo-

Comment

• I'm fully expecting JCP&L and the BPU are gonna get called on the carpet by the Governor and whatever oversight committee over this stuff. The thing was a PR nightmare for JCP&L, while PSE&G came off looking like pros.

Comment

• I'm ready to write a letter to JCP & L's management blasting them and another one thanking and praising all of the linemen, including the ones from out of state. Those guys worked really hard to get some sort of normalcy to us.
                Gibbs, Gibbs, Gibbs, Gibbs!

Comment

• It has begun. Total whiteout driving into work today. yay.
                  "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Brisk beautiful 59 degrees.

Comment

• Gonna hit 67 today, then rain and colder weather the rest of the week.

Comment

• Today's drive into work was an hour for no fucking reason.

It's a dusting of snow, people. Don't drive like you're navigating through 10 foot drifts.

RAGE.
                        Originally posted by Martin
                        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                        Originally posted by gravedigger
                        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Glad I unloaded a treadmill off of my in law to be's this weekend, because my morning walks have been getting progressively more brutal. The poor frozen tip of my nose. They need to design something just to keep that part of you warm without looking like you're gonna rob a bank or fight Storm Shadow.
                          "DO. DO lots of cocaine. DO."
                          - Relationship Guru Matt.

Check out my music, if you please:
                          http://soundcloud.com/musicisgreen
                          http://cmillermusic.tumblr.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris Miller View Post
                            Glad I unloaded a treadmill off of my in law to be's this weekend, because my morning walks have been getting progressively more brutal. The poor frozen tip of my nose. They need to design something just to keep that part of you warm without looking like you're gonna rob a bank or fight Storm Shadow.
                            Would this work?

Comment

• Furnace issues.

We had a guy out a couple of weeks ago when it started to get cold to check on our furnace and find out why the damned thing wasn't kicking on consistently. He cleaned the sensor, that's it.

Well, it's not kicking on again. My wife has been cold all day (she works from home). She called and we've got the furnace guy coming out again sometime between NOW and 11pm. RAGE.
                              Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                              Originally posted by gravedigger
                              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                              And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                              Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• is enjoying his 80 degree apartment with all of the windows open

"Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Working...
                                X