No announcement yet.

New movies undeserving of their own thread 2: The Night It Came Home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Both T4 and Afflicted gave me the mehness.

There is no reason from what I can tell that Afflicted is in a found footage style, other than to have bros talk you through their thoughts and feelings, beat for beat. That's just shitty writing. And the aesthetic is adding nothing to what is otherwise a pretty by the numbers supervillain/zombie/vampire origin and does, us Russ says, take you out of it by forcing you to look for the seams.

Trans4mers just looks like more of the same. So fuck that. Those films got progressively and aggressively worse to the point that 3 was just boring, which is unforgivable for a property that dumb. There is not one thing in that trailer that looked appealing to me. Sorry y'all.
    I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• AFFLICTED looks like it could have possibilities. The buzz around it is intriguing, so I might give that a go.

T4 has absolutely no interest for me. Swirling cgi madness.
      Originally posted by Martin
      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
      Originally posted by gravedigger
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
      Originally posted by Martin
      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
        Both T4 and Afflicted gave me the mehness.

There is no reason from what I can tell that Afflicted is in a found footage style, other than to have bros talk you through their thoughts and feelings, beat for beat. That's just shitty writing. And the aesthetic is adding nothing to what is otherwise a pretty by the numbers supervillain/zombie/vampire origin and does, us Russ says, take you out of it by forcing you to look for the seams.

Trans4mers just looks like more of the same. So fuck that. Those films got progressively and aggressively worse to the point that 3 was just boring, which is unforgivable for a property that dumb. There is not one thing in that trailer that looked appealing to me. Sorry y'all.
        All understandable reasons to not like the things posted earlier.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• I like dinosaurs. I like robots. I like dinosaur robots a lot. I love robots punching dinosaur robots. I bet TF4 is shit (I never watched 2 or 3) but fuck I am giving in to my boyhood on this one.

Comment

• "boring" is not a word I'd use for TF3. AT all. GARISH, STUPID, LOUD, OBNOXIOUS, ETc.. would be words I could see someone using. But "boring"? That I don't get.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• I personally love TF3. SO MUCH. That theater experience was amazing in ROB-O-VISION.

Comment

• TF2 is hot garbage but TF3 is quite entertaining. Dang, I might have to put that on this afternoon.

Comment

• I honestly found it boring. In the cinema, in 3D. The Chicago setpiece finale was completely devoid of drama, for me. And I went in wanting to enjoy it. In truth, I found the retarded, racist shenanigans of Revenge of the Fallen more entertaining.
                  I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Fair point. I honestly remember nothing about TF2 because I thought that one was terrible.

But the best thing about being here? WE CAN ALL LIKE ALL OF THE DIFFERENT THINGS AND WE ONLY GIVE EACH OTHER SHIT BECAUSE WE CARE.

Comment

• "I don't care anymore."

-Phil Collins

"No mo'. No mo'."

-Phil Collins
                      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Fine Russ, be that way. I NEVER WANT TO BE LIKE YOU

Comment

• Phil doesn't, but I do.

(but not really)
                          Last edited by Captain Russ; 03-05-2014, 12:47 PM.
                          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                            Fair point. I honestly remember nothing about TF2 because I thought that one was terrible.

But the best thing about being here? WE CAN ALL LIKE ALL OF THE DIFFERENT THINGS AND WE ONLY GIVE EACH OTHER SHIT BECAUSE WE CARE.
                            We all like the fleshlight.

Comment

• You know I normally love the things you love, Rob. Just not on this occasion.

Comment

• I can't remember the last thing Ben didn't poop on. POOPING ALL THE THINGS
                                "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Working...
                                X