No announcement yet.

New movies undeserving of their own thread 2: The Night It Came Home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sounds like most are having issues with the story and the liberties that it took with the Bible. Numerous mentions of the rock monsters building the ark and such.
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
      Sounds like most are having issues with the story and the liberties that it took with the Bible. Numerous mentions of the rock monsters building the ark and such.
      The Rock Monsters hang-up feels really petty.

75% of the movie is root level literary translation. Aronofsky just chose to use rock monsters and getting around the incest dynamic aboard the Ark.
      My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Reviews have been pretty good and it sounds insane as shit. Might try and sneak in a viewing this week.

Comment

• I have no desire to see that. Aronofsky doesn't do it for me.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
            Reviews have been pretty good and it sounds insane as shit. Might try and sneak in a viewing this week.
            The vast majority of it as though Aronofsky remade the Scientology South Park episode with a 110 million budget.
            My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

• I'm hit or miss on Aronofsky. THE WRESTLER is a damned masterpiece, though.
              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• I mean, I don't hate his movies but I never ever want to rewatch them nor is he a selling point for me.
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• One word. Sluggish.

Comment

• Originally posted by PHEDG View Post
                    One word. Sluggish.
                    Legitimate as hell complaint. It's not a great movie by any stretch of the imagination, but it's not terrible.

Comment

• Totally works. Until the third act.
                      Originally posted by Ari
                      The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• heard 'boring as fuck' from a few people as well.

Comment

heard 'boring as fuck' from a few people as well.
                          I would've spiced it up with some Biblical sex and smiting.

Comment

• Hear only good reviews over here, but that maybe because there's more to the film than has been sold.

As to the liberties with the Bible story complaint? Mark Kermode summed it up pretty well:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Off to see Noah, which some claim takes liberties with the story of a 500 yr old man instructed by strange voices to build a floating zoo.</p>&mdash; Mark Kermode (@KermodeMovie) <a href="https://twitter.com/KermodeMovie/statuses/450533851543396352">March 31, 2014</a></blockquote>
                            <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
                            I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• What I'm saying is that the Bible is shit. Biblical movies don't fare much better. I appreciate when we can get directors that are willing to play around with it, but the results are 50/50.

Comment

I'm hit or miss on Aronofsky. THE WRESTLER is a damned masterpiece, though.
                                For me, it's The Fountain.
                                BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

Working...
                                X