RUMOR CONTROL...THESE ARE THE FACTS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Curious...

Spoiler: In case you don't want the end of Deathly Hallows Part II spoiled then fuck off 
    According to the Harry Potter books, this all take place during the 90s with Deathly Hallows being in 1997 and none of the films are given any specific year. Curious if they plan on pulling the carpet from under us and during the epilogue with the characters in their 30s with their kids, we find it that takes place right now (i.e. 2011-2012).
    Originally posted by Ari
    The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Huh?

I must have been high when I was reading my Potterfaggery, but
        Spoiler: warning for nonPotterfags 
      I don't recall any specific temporal setting being concretely established.

That's weird, maaaaaaaan.
      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Now that Harry Potter is over, the Nolan Batmans is ending next year (supposedly) and Superman is a question-mark, I wonder if WB might milk the Tolkien tit for more Middle Earth-centered films outside of The Hobbit.

Oh and there are "internal discussions" about an X-Men: First Class sequel. Why that's news-worthy I don't know.
        Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
          Now that Harry Potter is over, the Nolan Batmans is ending next year (supposedly) and Superman is a question-mark, I wonder if WB might milk the Tolkien tit for more Middle Earth-centered films outside of The Hobbit.

Oh and there are "internal discussions" about an X-Men: First Class sequel. Why that's news-worthy I don't know.

There's no internal discussions...it's happening. Marvel and FOX are fighting over properties again. This also means that the Daredevil and F4 reboots are back on.
          My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• WB still has their eyes on the DC properties. They just want more budgetary control.
            My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

• In that case, I'm guessing X-Men: Second Semester will be similar to G.I. Joe 2 with only 2 or 3 actors (McAvoy, Fassbender and maybe Lawrence) returning and everyone else being newbies.
              Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
                In that case, I'm guessing X-Men: Second Semester will be similar to G.I. Joe 2 with only 2 or 3 actors (McAvoy, Fassbender and maybe Lawrence) returning and everyone else being newbies.

That's a bingo.

Comment

• How is 'Captain America' tracking?
                  Originally posted by Martin
                  Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                  Originally posted by gravedigger
                  Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                  And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                  Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                    How is 'Captain America' tracking?

Through the roof.

Comment

• Yes.
                      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
                        Through the roof.
                        that is awesome to hear. I just hope that I can fit it in before we head off to Florida on the 23rd.
                        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• How about 'Cowboys and Aliens'? Is that tracking well? I KINDA suspect that it's going to underperform (mainly due to the name) and then get discovered on DVD/BR....kinda like 'Kick-Ass'.

Comment

• Is Cappy gonna be this year's Iron Man then?

I'm shocked at how few people over here actually know a thing about the Cap character. WHAT DID PEOPLE DO WHEN THEY WERE KIDS? Oh right - most people had friends....
                            I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Even despite the box-office monster also known as Harry Potter opening a week before, Cap is going to do mucho business.
                              Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                                How about 'Cowboys and Aliens'? Is that tracking well? I KINDA suspect that it's going to underperform (mainly due to the name) and then get discovered on DVD/BR....kinda like 'Kick-Ass'.

Paramount/DW is panicking. They can't push the date, so they have to suck it up and take it. They really weren't planning on Captain America changing release dates.

Comment

Working...
                                X