No announcement yet.

RUMOR CONTROL...THESE ARE THE FACTS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shipwreck fan page - all you need to know.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
      Jan:

In the cartoon, the Joes found Shipwreck in the middle of a desert driving a rocket powered 'ship' that cruised the sand on skis. They recruited him to join the team and proceeded to use him in EVERY FUCKING MISSION.

This mission's on the ocean? Bring Shipwreck.
      This mission's in the antarctic? Bring Shipwreck.
      This mission's on the moon? Bring Shipwreck.
      We need someone to fire a bazooka? Bring Shipwreck. What about Bazooka? This is kinda his gig isn't it? No, bring Shipwreck.

He became the equivalent of 'The Fonz': a supporting character who takes over the show.
      So he was essentially the solution to the budget constraints of the show?
      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Quick Kick FTW
        Originally posted by Martin
        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
        Originally posted by gravedigger
        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• He was the Shore Leave of GI Joe.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
            Kurt Russell
            Fuck it, just make a crossover with Captain Ron.
            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Bah! Sgt. Slaughter owns ALL!

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                Quick Kick FTW

If Quick Kick was so fast, he wouldn't have lost an arm at the Swan.
                My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Hahahaha! Here I am breaking my brain about the problem of European currency swaps when the world has to offer...this! Love it guys! Priorities, people indeed!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ruckus View Post
                    If Quick Kick was so fast, he wouldn't have lost an arm at the Swan.
                    I don't have a clue what you're talking about here.
                    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                    Originally posted by gravedigger
                    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
                      Bah! Sgt. Slaughter owns ALL!

I saved sooooooooooooooooo many proof of purchase stamps to order my Slaughter. We were broke as fuck growing up so I started scoping out friend's places for their Joe cards and would steal them so I could cut out the proof of purchase.

Comment

• wow. While I think all that economic and law shit I have to put up at work is complicated, this right here is where "I´ve got no fucking clue what y´all are talking about" gets real! please continue enlighten me! Seriously, I love that shit, gents!

Comment

• Well Jan, for a long time Sgt. Slaughter (and Will "The Fridge" Perry) figures were only available by mail in. Worse yet, each had an expiration to get in your proof of purchase that you had to cut off your GI Joe card.

You would need to cut out those and mail them into Hasbro with an order slip and a check/money order for the shipping. The bitch is that I know the shipping was like $7, and those fucking figures only cost like $4 at most back then. 4-6 weeks later, I got my Slaughter! Sadly, I never got my hands on The Fridge.

/unfulfilledchildhoodsadface

Comment

• Holy shit! Mail in? That´s so eighties. Meaning ancient.

Details like this really hammer down the point how different a childhood in the eighties must have been in Europe and the states. What y´all are describing is unbelievable alien for me. We didn´t even have private/commercial TV station up until the middle of the eighties. A ban on toy commercials for child TV was a given. I remember watching my only TF episode through the window(!) in 85 at my neighbours friends place at a UK station damnit! I actually slept over at friends places just to watch Knight Rider or Airwolf or some shit in the eighties. Don´t even ask me how I saw Star Wars for the first time....

Seriously, without any snark or "European cultural elitism" or whatever, I find stuff like that endlessly fascinating.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jan View Post
                              I actually slept over at friends places just to watch Knight Rider or Airwolf or some shit in the eighties. Don´t even ask me how I saw Star Wars for the first time....
                              Fucking A.
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I'm with you in that regard. I'm endlessly fascinated by cultural differences and not in the lame cuisine/architecture/etc shit that everyone studies. Tell me about what it was like not having a car culture as a teenager, or if you wore MFG or Hypercolor in 1990, or what the opening of the first fucking Pizza Hut was like. I love reading about that kind of shit.

Comment

Working...
                                X