No announcement yet.

RUMOR CONTROL...THESE ARE THE FACTS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh and I'm not good enough for ya? Prick.
    Originally posted by Ari
    The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
      Oh and I'm not good enough for ya? Prick.
      I was gonna quote you both but I didn't want to bother with deleting the video as reposting it would only encite the snobbery even more.
      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Aw shucks.
        Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• I could see complaining if the whole movie was Eminem songs or if Cap America was scored with only Tool instrumentals but for a trailer? #firstworldproblems
          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
            My god you people and your "trailer music was not up to snuff" snobbery are killing me lately. IT'S A GAWDAMNED COMMERCIAL FFS.

Also I still love you. No homo, except for Jake because lets be honest, he won't take no for an answer.
            Tool was still a herpaderp track choice for the Captain.

It's not snobbery, it's realizing what happens when a clash of different tones do not add up to a cohesive whole.

Eminem is perfectly suited for a franchise that had fucking Limp Bizkit do the theme tune for it.
            Last edited by Captain Russ; 06-28-2011, 07:45 PM.
            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• My issue with M:I 4 footage was how generic it looks. Not so much the (admittedly distracting) Eminem song.
              Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• I seem to remember something similar when the trailer for MI:3 appeared.

Or at least, that's how I felt when I saw that CG drone go after Cruise on the bridge.
                Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by McMeatbag View Post
                  Tool was still a herpaderp track choice for the Captain.

It's not snobbery, it's realizing what happens when a clash of different tones do not add up to a cohesive whole.

Eminem is perfectly suited for a franchise that had fucking Limp Bizkit do the theme tune for it.
                  Were it the ONLY trailer for Cap I'd be in agreement but since they put out like seven different trailers/teasers, 8 if the movie is R rated and gets a red band I really think people are blowing things a bit out of proportion. Agree to disagree I guess.

Comment

Personally, I have no problem with any of it. Even the Eminem horseshit works.

Can't wait to see Brad's live-action debut, even if it is with America's most insane actor not named Nicholas Coppola.
                    pretty much all of this.
                    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• I hope Cap's entire musical score was actually done by Marilyn Manson.

Just for the lulz.
                      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• I liked the tracks he wrote for Resident Evil.
                        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffington Headcheese View Post
                          pretty much all of this.
                          x2. Loved MI3 and will watch the fuck out of this one as well.

Comment

I liked the tracks he wrote for Resident Evil.
                            Fuck yeah. Best part of the movie.

Comment

• Hey, all I was saying was music choices are part of the package and should be considered before slapping 'em on a trailer. I have no problem with Eminem or Tool, but if you're trying to promote and sell an action pic to an audience, there's better choices. You want a soundtrack that's gonna fire you up as much as the visuals in the trailer would. Eminem's stuff didn't give me the same thrill as say Metallica did for MI:2.

Again, just my opinion. If you love the music for the trailers, it's all good. May the Fahey watch over thee from his basement/cyberworld interface.

Comment

• I don't really care for Eminem, but that music fit pretty fucking great with the trailer. I dug the MI theme as well, was a bit jazzed up, no?

Comment

Working...
                                X