No announcement yet.

Transformers 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Between the debacle that was The Last One and the latest Underwhelming Trailer, my desire for this is lower than I ever thought it could be as someone who owns 2 unique but equally cool Hot Rod figures.
    "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

I still can't wait.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

I'll be honest, I kinda want to see that wingsuit scene on IMAX 3D. Just that scene.
        Originally posted by Martin
        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
        Originally posted by gravedigger
        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

I wanna see Optimus go all Cranked on some Decipticons. *braces for disappointment*
          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

I tried again to watch the last Transformer's flick, and can't get past Megan Fox's first scenes. After that, I'm channel surfing. I have seen the last third of the flick, though, so that's gotta count, right?

As for this new flick... no interest at all. Maybe if they ditched all the scenes with Shia LeBouf's storyline, and just have robots beat the shit out of each other and a city for 90 minutes, maybe.

Comment

The 2nd film is ASS. Even Bay has said as much.
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Looks about as retarded as all of the other installments.

But at least I get to see the usual disaster treatment befall Chicago as opposed to NY/LA for a change.

Oh what am I saying? This will be dumber than dumb, but I might as well see it since nothing else will be out at that time.
                Me quick one want slow

Comment

The All-Robot Pugilism cut of any Transformers flick would maybe clock in at around 19 minutes, Tim. Not 90. A fair chunk of the action scenes aren't even 'bot on 'bot; it's Tyrese and co going Call of Duty on 'bots/Shia running away... which is precisely my problem with this series.

Just as I still wish they'd do the sensible thing and finally adapt the first Resident Evil game into a movie, I still think the best thing for these movies would be to take a shot at making a live-action version of Transformers: The Movie. I doubt they'd actually do it (not Armageddon enough), but it would satiate the fans and casual moviegoers alike because it would give both sides what they want: robots, not the generic human interest stuff with bonus robot action.

For the Everyman, it works because it's all robots fighting and for the fans, it's the robots who are fighting that matter. You get a real sense of personality with both sides that way so it actually matters when they buy it, etc. You treat it kinda like a Pixar flick, celebrity voice cast up the whazoo; Elijah Wood plays Bumblebee, Jesse Eisenberg is Blurr, Kurt Russell is Springer. Judd Nelson, of course, reprises his epoch-making role as Hot Rod. And so on. There'd still be room for Shia or the equivalent Spike human kid role, but the onus would be with the Transformers, where it should be.
                  "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

admit it, Bobby. You have a man-crush on Hot Rod.
                    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• My feelings for Rodimus are no secret, sir, nor cause to be ashamed.

Comment

• actually, Andy Samberg should voice Hot Rod. too meta?

Comment

• Well, he did have "the touch"
                          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• It's probably because he's got the touch. He's got the power. When all hell's breaking loose, he's right there at the eye of the storm.

Probably the ONLY Transformers movie I can stand rewatching. Bobby's on the right track - a live action version of the animated film (nice voice casting, BB!). I'd not only get Pixar but some input from Toei Studios (the folks who made the original cartoons) in this as well.

ETA: Beat again by B_Metal!

Comment

• The animated film is shit.

Comment

• At least I know the Bay TF films aren't good. I just happen to like them.

Comment

Working...
                                X