No announcement yet.

SPIDER-MAN, VENOM, NON MARVEL SPIDEY DOES WHAT A SPIDER CAN IF SONY LETS HIM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where did you read they spent 200mil? Last I read was they wanted to keep it at like 70-90 mil production budget. Even with overages and marketing it can't be over $150.

Comment

• Originally posted by Theodore Stabbington View Post
      I just like to be on the other side of an argument, even if I'm wrong haha.

I still say this won't tank.
      Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
      It absolutely won't tank, you're right, and there will be a sequel because Sony wants to keep it off the Mouse's white-gloved paws. A very bumpy road ahead.
      No, certainly won't tank, but I doubt it'll make as much as Sony hopes it will. But, I've been wrong before, so...

Alas, I figured there would be a sequel, regardless of how the film performs for the exact reason Jamie alludes to (it'll be like X-Men over at Fox - the head of the studio hates the films even though they made serious bank for the studio). Disney controlling the entire Marvel film empire would make them nigh unbeatable during blockbuster season.

Anyway, how long does Sony have the rights to Spider-Man? As long as they keep making films, or is there a set date where the property reverts back or is open to renegotiation? Just curious, and if this applies to Fox, too.

Comment

• Unless this was shot out of the country with no unions involved with complete unknowns in front and behind the camera, there was no way this wasn't going to be expensive. Also one of the stunt-guys/second-unit blabbed it to Movie Hole.

http://www.moviehole.net/201141034-n...eveals-villain
        Originally posted by Ari
        The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Thanks for the link, Jamie (saw this on the site, too, which I'm far more interested in seeing than ASM).

Comment

• I want to see a web-sex-swing scene with Stone all bondaged up getting web-whipped and then web-facialled.

Comment

• Shocking.
              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Jeff does have a webfetish.
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• In that case...

Have at it, Jeff!

Comment

• Holy shit are those new bluray covers for the Raimi trilogy awful. Ludicrously bad.
                    Originally posted by Martin
                    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                    Originally posted by gravedigger
                    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                    Originally posted by Martin
                    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Link?

Comment

• Here ya go, and like Matt said, they're ass.

Comment

• EWWWWWWW /Ernest P. Worrell
                          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
                            Originally posted by Ari
                            The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Oh my God, are those cover designs even half-finished? I would not want that on my shelf.

As for Spidey 4: The Rebootening, I think it will do really good business and I actually don't think it looks bad at all. The problem is that realistically it has to do £500m to be considered a hit. I'm not sure awareness or goodwill are high enough right now. I do believe that if the film delivers, people will go see it.
                              I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Re: the Blu-Ray covers - very disappointing, and whoever was involved with the design (looks to be designed by committee) should be flogged then shot. There were three perfectly good posters for the films - put THOSE on the covers and you're done.

Re: The Amazing Spider-Man AKA Spider-Man 4: Who's Sam Raimi? AKA Spider-Man: Hot Mess, I'll go on record here and now and predict this flick will draw more scorn after release than Spider-Man 3 did, whether it makes a ton of cash or no. From the Spidey costume design to the look of the Lizard to the emo/Twilight palette they're playing with, there's nothing here that's inspiring confidence in me, nor is motivating me to run right out and see it in a theater.

Ben, I wish I had your confidence. Seriously.

Comment

Working...
                                X