No announcement yet.

Kick-Ass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking more about the film this morning. I honestly think that this film may have one of the best Third Acts that I've ever seen. Everything just comes together beautifully...the pacing, the action, the humor, AND the emotion. Seriously, my whole audience was in a state of AWESOMEBUZZ for that entire half hour, culminating in a HUGE wave of applause when it ended.

Seriously, this is one of my top theater experiences of all time. I don't want to oversell/overhype it, but yeah...oh yeah...this is the one.
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Whatever your feelings are towards Devin, I really recommend that you read his second-take review of 'Kick-Ass' after you've actually seen the film. I really like his insight into the themes of the film.
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Incredibly energetic filmmaking.

Nic Cage's cadence when you first hear him as Big Daddy is Adam West on ether. It's brilliant. Even if his "OMG TEH BEEZ" voice comes in toward the end.

Chloe Moretz is definitely the stand-out, and owns every scene in which she appears.

Aaron Johnson was really really good, as was McLovin. But they were both pretty easily forgotten in the wake of the impression you get kicked into your skull when Hit Girl and Big Daddy make their entrance.

Still solid work by pretty much every single member of the cast.

And yes, the third act is glorious.

Vaughn's use of John Murphy's scores from both 28 Days Later and Sunshine were an extra treat, as was seeing a few familiar faces from his last few movies.

Red Mist's final line was perfect.
        Last edited by Captain Russ; 04-16-2010, 03:00 PM.
        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
          Thinking more about the film this morning. I honestly think that this film may have one of the best Third Acts that I've ever seen. Everything just comes together beautifully...the pacing, the action, the humor, AND the emotion. Seriously, my whole audience was in a state of AWESOMEBUZZ for that entire half hour, culminating in a HUGE wave of applause when it ended.

Seriously, this is one of my top theater experiences of all time. I don't want to oversell/overhype it, but yeah...oh yeah...this is the one.
          While I haven't seen the movie, the scenes I did see at SDCC '09 made me feel like this would be one of the best times I'd have at a theater.
          The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

• glad you dug it, Russ. How was the audience reaction?

Comment

• Seeing it tonight! CAN'T WAIT!!!
              Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
              John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

• They were either laughing or "HOLY SHIT"ing.

Massive cheers at the "Pick on someone your own size" moment.

The buzz was certainly palpable once the credits rolled.
                Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Russ View Post
                  Chloe Moretz is definitely the stand-out, and owns every scene in which she appears.

Aaron Johnson was really really good, as was McLovin. But they were both pretty easily forgotten in the wake of the impression you get kicked into your skull when Hit Girl and Big Daddy make their entrance.
                  The more I see people's reactions, the more I feel like I'm the only one who really enjoyed Hit Girl, but preferred Kick-Ass and Johnson's performance, in particular.
                  "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• What an incredible film. I don't even know where to start. Everything was perfect. My only complaint was it wasn't twice as long. Loved the use of spaghetti western style score in some areas. And yes, the final Red Mist line was brilliant. And a Great Train Robbery homage as well!

Comment

• Fucking loved the movie. Loved the unmasking/hit girl rescue scene and the use of the music from 28 Days Later and Sunshine.

Not a lot of people were there when I saw it, but I did notice quite a few kids.
                      "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

• A father brought his kid...that was maybe 10-12 years old. I thought, oh man this won't end well, but the both of them were laughing and cheering the whole time. I'm already thinking if I can make it back to San Antonio next weekend I might try to see this again after The Losers.

Comment

• It was a bit iffy, but the last thirty minutes sealed the deal. Plus, I could have sworn they were parodying other superhero music scores.
                          "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                            A father brought his kid...that was maybe 10-12 years old. I thought, oh man this won't end well, but the both of them were laughing and cheering the whole time. I'm already thinking if I can make it back to San Antonio next weekend I might try to see this again after The Losers.

I saw kids in the range of about 5-8 years old. I could tell some of the parents weren't aware what their kids were in for.

But I had a great time.
                            "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

• Also, McLovin looks like a young Ed Helms.
                              "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Movie was great! GREAT! Kick-Ass was so incredibly cute, adorable....how young/old is he?? LOL, Hit Girl was Bad-ASS!! Nicolas Cage had such a great character. Red Mist Love the car Man!

I want to go see it again!

Choreography- EPIC!
                                "Uh, whose car is that out front?"
                                "Mine. 1970 Pontiac Firebird. The car I've always wanted and now I have it. I rule!"

"Can you feel the love?....Nub Nub...."

Recipient of: The Best Post of the Day Award!: 2

Comment

Working...
                                X