Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by McMeatbag View Post
    I SLAP HIS SHIT

I'd be all

and he'd be all

THIS SHIT IS FUCKING GLORIOUS. RIGHT HERE. THIS SHIT. RIGHT HERE.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• 'The Kids are All Right'.

Excellent and surprisingly funny. I can see why Annette Benning and Mark Ruffalo were nominated for their work...what I CAN'T see is how Julianne Moore was NOT nominated, considering that she did arguably the best work of her entire career in this film.

Recommended. It took about 15 minutes to get into the groove of it but yeah, it delivers the goods. I really liked how it all ended, too.
      Originally posted by Martin
      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
      Originally posted by gravedigger
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Darkman

My midnight movie before bed last night/this morning. I enjoy it more every time I see it. Raimi at his oddball visual best at times, thanks to some lovely work from Bill Pope behind the camera. The montage sequence here might be my favourite from his entire body of work; ticking clocks, explosions, and notepads with "UNSTABLE!" scrawled on them in red marker - what more could you ask for? The set pieces like the opening mob-off shootout and the climactic helicopter chase are still great, the aging effects actually contributing to their charm. And Neeson has a lot of fun which is always a plus.
        "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• Neeson is FLAWLESS in that film. My favorite moment is at the amusement park when he bends that carnie's fingers back.

Also, Colin Friels needs more work.
          Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
          Originally posted by gravedigger
          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
          And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
          Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• That's one of my favorite Raimi flicks. I also fucking dig on the 3rd one, but mostly for THE FAHEY™.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Loved Darkman - first exposure to Neeson was that film. Just fires on all cylinders, and the story moved at a great clip. Raimi's direction and visual style just knocked it out of the park, and made me ecstatic that he was going to work on the Spider-Man films.

Plus, Bruce Campbell's cameo was just a perfect, perfect end to the film, as well as a nod to the fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                Neeson is FLAWLESS in that film. My favorite moment is at the amusement park when he bends that carnie's fingers back.
                That is a fantastic moment. Coupled with his subsequent scream at McDormand to take the pink elephant. The look on his face is just priceless.

Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                That's one of my favorite Raimi flicks.
                Snap. People go on and on about Watchmen (a film that falls more and more in my estimation) and this flick gets so little love, even though it captures comic pulp so much better. Effortlessly, in fact.

Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
                Loved Darkman - first exposure to Neeson was that film. Just fires on all cylinders, and the story moved at a great clip. Raimi's direction and visual style just knocked it out of the park, and made me ecstatic that he was going to work on the Spider-Man films.

Plus, Bruce Campbell's cameo was just a perfect, perfect end to the film, as well as a nod to the fans.
                Absolutely, Tim! There's not a scrape of fat on this beast. Just look at the dissolve from McDormand staring at the lab post-explosion to her standing over Westlake's grave. Not only is it diligent, but it's perfectly in keeping with the tone.

Also, Danny Elfman before he became kinda boring!
                "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                  I also fucking dig on the 3rd one, but mostly for THE FAHEYâ„¢.
                  Also for Vosloo. Because he was a pretty decent low-budget replacement as far as Darkmang goes.
                  Me quick one want slow

Comment

• true that.

Comment

• This part was most redonkulous. I loved it.

Comment

• Lest we forget Darkman relieving that Disposable Goon of his seat - and, indeed, his life - on Durant's chopper.

Comment

• When Nesson tells you to take the elephant, you take the fucking elephant!
                          "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Best Worst Movie

While this isn't one of the best documentaries I've seen, it's still pretty good albeit kind of repetitive (I'm kind of surprised how many women attend Troll II screenings). The star of the documentary is George Hardy as you do feel this guy is really good natured (hell, his ex-wife says so) and even looks like Joe Biden in some scenes.

You also learn that the director of Troll II is insane and so is the woman that plays the mother in that movie.

I'd give a shot since it moved pretty well and didn't drag. But it's no King of Kong. Oh and Tim, I'm not sure how'd you feel how the documentary depicts horror convention attendees.
                            Last edited by Ed Hocken; 03-03-2011, 08:57 AM.
                            "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Heard about this, and as I've seen Troll 2, I've been meaning to check it out.

As for any depictions of horror convention attendees, I've pretty much run the gamut. Based on my own experience, I'd say about 80% of the folks that go are pretty much normal fans. Worse they do is maybe rock a t-shirt with a horror or hard rock/metal theme. Some of these folks will bring a little kid with them.

About 15% show up in costume of some sort - guys might dress as zombies, wear freaky hats or wigs, etc. Girls will dress all Goth or have some make-up SFX on (bloody wounds, fake glass piercing their faces, etc.). Nothing quite as elaborate as you'd find at a comic or sci-fi convention, though, save for one or two folks (I'll lump in the barbarian dude that runs the gate at every one of these shows I've gone to in the 20+ years I've done this. He's got a mate now, who's some sort of warrior goddess. At least I think she is, as she's got an elaborate hand-made sword).

The remainder are the folks that are likely alluded to in the documentary - the folks that really, really need to take it down a notch or two. Folks that get mired in the minutia of horror and can't just enjoy themselves without poo-pooing stuff, or are so obsessive about things that they're breakdowns waiting to happen.

Comment

• I loved that doc.

Comment

Working...
                                X